Last Movie You Saw In Theaters

Azmodeous

Re: Last Movie You Saw In Theaters

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Christopher Robin

What you get if you took the concept of Hook and replaced Peter Pan with Winnie the Pooh. It's all in all rather charming and magical to watch, it's just a shame that Jacen isn't quite ready for the theater experience as I think he will enjoy this very much.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 am

THE MEG

Fan fucking tastic! Just a fun movie. If you're looking for some great story or thought provoking cinema, you're in the wrong place because this is just straight up a summer film. The cast is fun and gel well and the nods to Jaws are cool. The changes made to the book are barely noticeable as they don't ruin anything. After 20 years this is finally made and I think it's the perfect timing for it as some of the stuff that make it enjoyable wouldn't have been possible if any of those other incarnations had happened over the years. There's already talk of making it a series and I'd be in for it all.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:28 pm

The Meg

Maybe the most fun I've had at the movies this year. Pretty sure this will graduate to classic status in the years to come (unless those of us who don't die in nuclear fire eat the rest of us, I mean I guess it could still be a classic but we won't get to enjoy it anymore).

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Equalizer II

A better film overall than the first one, with more action spaced out through out the movie, and at times a thriller and some real moments of drama... but the variety is also a bit of a detriment as it feels less focused and a bit all over the place at times. Still pretty fantastic, Denzel once again shines, and I think the backdrop for the final showdown may be even more original than in the first. This will be pretty high on my MOTY list.