The Walking Dead

GardenStateSaint

The Walking Dead

Post by GardenStateSaint » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:05 pm

I just watched the most recent episode of The Walking Dead and I'm really not sure what to think of this show anymore, it's certainly starting to lose me.

Azmodeous

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:51 pm

It was dreadful to me. The pacing for the episode was so plodding and just knowing how it was going to end just sucked the life out of me while watching it. I honestly think it was my jumping off point. I'm thinking Ash Vs Evil Dead will be my Sunday night ritual from here on out.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm

It was just the feeling of over reaching to me. I haven't watched this week's episode yet and really I'm not in a rush either.

Matty

Post by Matty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 am

I thought the first half of this season was a terrible waste of time but tbh I've really enjoyed episodes 9 and 10 since it came back. Things happened, it was purposeful and well directed imo.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Last night's episode was in my opinion the best of this half season.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am

Somebody told me the next season of The Walking Dead might be a reset. Is that a real thing?

Season finale tonight!

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am
Somebody told me the next season of The Walking Dead might be a reset. Is that a real thing?

Season finale tonight!
I believe the comic book at some point around where they are in the story on the show actually jumps ahead two or three years. Could be that. If they do that, it’s essentially a reset.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Joe wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote:

Season finale tonight!
I believe the comic book at some point around where they are in the story on the show actually jumps ahead two or three years. Could be that. If they do that, it’s essentially a reset.
There's a new showrunner starting next season, I'm hoping they can inject some life back into the series.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 pm
Joe wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:

Season finale tonight!
There's a new showrunner starting next season, I'm hoping they can inject some life back into the series.
Cool to both things! I'm watching the finale right now.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 pm

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 am
Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 pm
Joe wrote:

Cool to both things! I'm watching the finale right now.
How was the finale?

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 am

I liked it for the most part and pretty much fell in line with what I expected it to be. I might give this season of Fearing the Walking Dead a shot again.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue May 29, 2018 5:57 pm

So it's spreading like wildfire through the trades that Andrew Lincoln is leaving the series after this season and he's only appearing in a third of the episodes. I've heard that this season was going to be a creative overhaul, but man, killing Rick F'n Grimes and putting Daryl Dixon in his place is only going to expose that characters lack of depth to the audience as the main lead.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:59 pm

I think Rick leaving might be what the show needs. Along with the talk of Maggie being gone as well and you're basically left with no major players from the comic so they can go off on their own without it being compared constantly and do their own stories without spoilers if they go the comic route or bitching if they don't.

The problem is that the characters aren't the issue, it's the slow pace of the show overall.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:04 am

Keith6601 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:59 pm
I think Rick leaving might be what the show needs. Along with the talk of Maggie being gone as well and you're basically left with no major players from the comic so they can go off on their own without it being compared constantly and do their own stories without spoilers if they go the comic route or bitching if they don't.

The problem is that the characters aren't the issue, it's the slow pace of the show overall.
It may well be, I think everyone agrees that the show has needed a creative shakeup for a while now and they seem to be making some major show altering decisions right now, so we'll see how this pans out. I'm still not sold on Daryl being the lead of the show though, unless they do a hell of a lot of fleshing out his character it's going to be a bigger slough than it already has been trying to watch this show.

As for the pacing,I agree wholeheartedly. They should cut the series back to 10-12 episodes a season and do away with the needless filler that's cluttered up the show for years.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 pm

I kind of wish it were just ending next season. Killing Rick just seems so over the shark to me. And it sucks that the news about him leaving is all over the place, because it can't even be a crazy shocking death that might have actually spiked ratings.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 pm
I kind of wish it were just ending next season. Killing Rick just seems so over the shark to me. And it sucks that the news about him leaving is all over the place, because it can't even be a crazy shocking death that might have actually spiked ratings.
I agree for the most part but after what they did with Glenn and Abraham, viewership dropped off HARD. They really haven't recovered since that and alot of fans walked away. Esp. after Carl now, I think leaving Rick as a surprise would've done them no favors in this sense either.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 pm
I agree for the most part but after what they did with Glenn and Abraham, viewership dropped off HARD. They really haven't recovered since that and alot of fans walked away. Esp. after Carl now, I think leaving Rick as a surprise would've done them no favors in this sense either.
That's a fair point I hadn't thought about.

I actually haven't watched since what happened to Glenn and Abraham. I think maybe I watched a few episodes after but mostly I was done then.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:46 am

The bait and switch with Glenn's dumpster 'death' was very cheap, especially when they did what they did just half a season later. It was a surefire sign of creative stagnation that's only grown worse since in my opinion.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm

I don't even mind them killing Glenn and Abraham, what really pissed me off was the cliffhanger ending leading to it. I was already annoyed with the shows "story" before this but this kinda turned me off to the show. As standalone episodes, the character work and the episodes themselves are great sometimes. But as an overall story or endgame, it is non-existent, they know it, we know it, and they don't care, so as a viewer, I feel insulted.

I only started getting back into it during this most recent block of 8 episodes. So if the Rick news is true, I'm really gonna be bummed out. Daryl being the new lead is NOT the answer.

Meanwhile Fear The Walking Dead is killing it for the past few seasons.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 pm

All I see when I see Beta is Luchasaurus.