Last movie or TV show you watched

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Re: Last movie or TV show you watched

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Top Dog

I'd say it's the worst Chuck Norris flick, but I remember Sidekicks being pretty ass and the Cutter is shit (never saw the one where Chuck is a hippie living in the Forest but I assume that's shit too). There's a middling Chuck Norris action flick in here somewhere (which by itself would be fine) but it tries to be a kid flick and a screwball comedy, with brutal murders and a pretty serious villain, a white supremacist terrorist, which is even more disturbing now with some of Trump's campaign propaganda pretty much word for word from the villain's hate speeches...like its eerie. Plus its the first time I can remember seeing an obvious stunt double for Chuck. I love Chuck's flicks but this just made me sad.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 pm

The Hurricane Heist

Yeah, I have hurricanes on the mind.
I kind of love the sheer stupidity of it, but I hate the asinine fake southern accents. At least I know where Trump got that Alabama was in danger from the Hurricane (he must have seen Hurricane Heist and thought it was the weather channel).

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:25 am

I don't know the first thing about Action Bronson but I did just watch some of his show on Viceland only because RVD and Sabu was on it.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Big Top Pee Wee

it's not a sequel to Pee Wee's Big Adventure. it has Pee Wee in it yes, but it's more an Ernest movie if created by an army of semi intelligent evil ants.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 am

Watching the free view of the first episode of Pennyworth. It's quite good, which is a shame really, as I won't be subscribing to another subscription service.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:09 am

Apocalypse Now: The Final Cut

It's a good mix of keeping the pacing of the theatrical cut while adding in scenes from Redux that actually aided the story. It's damn near perfect except for one scene that drags the momentum the film down. The theatrical cut is still my preferred way to view this film.

Also, the new 4K remaster is gorgeous, it's one of those experiences that feels like you're watching a film be projected on your television.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:45 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:09 am

It's a good mix of keeping the pacing of the theatrical cut while adding in scenes from Redux that actually aided the story. It's damn near perfect except for one scene that drags the momentum the film down. The theatrical cut is still my preferred way to view this film.

Also, the new 4K remaster is gorgeous, it's one of those experiences that feels like you're watching a film be projected on your television.
Are you talking about the Plantation scene?

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:31 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:45 am
Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:09 am

Are you talking about the Plantation scene?
Yeah, I know what it's trying to convey, but it just drags the film down unnecessarily in my opinion. Still, it's a lot tighter of an experience than Redux though.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters.

Dumb, my goodness is it dumb, but a lot can be forgiven in my opinion if it looks like people are having fun. Boy does it look like everybody had a blast making this movie. Fame Jansen especially was hamming it up as the main villain here.