Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by Send Hook » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:37 pm

rohspashley wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:27 pm
Monday Night Rollins wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:37 pm
Anybody else watching the G1?
i am. currently watching night 5.
I’ve liked it so far. Going to watch the latest show tonight. Great storytelling early on.

rohspashley

Post by rohspashley » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:25 am

i have really enjoyed the G1 so many awesome matches. though i am a Bullet Club fan, got a few shirts. i hate Jay White matches. yes hes a very talented wrestler but OMG his matches have gotten FAR too predictable. he stalls early. then wrestles then does that fucking stupid spot where he just plays dead to avoid someones finisher, which really makes the babyface look stupid cause they don't know what to do. then ref bump, gedo cheating low blow, jay gets the exact same cheap win. yes hes a heel, doesnt need to win EVERY match. makes him feel like a prelim jobber not a former world champion. as crazy as it sounds, i prefer watching Yano matches over jay white matches.

Send Hook

Post by Send Hook » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm

I like Jay Whit a lot. But this is true, he needs to mix it up more.

Yano & Suzuki are the early stand outs in this G1.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Suzuki and Ishii have been awesome as expected.

Yano being awesome shouldn't surprise him as he is the King of Pro Wrestling.

rohspashley

Post by rohspashley » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:16 pm

another overbooked 2 star jay white match.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello all! So I have not watched any NJPW since it left AXS awhile back. I was hoping you all could help me so that I am watching as much of it as I can weekly WITHOUT spending any $.

So I just downloaded the Roku Channel app on my smart TV. I have no Roku or Amazon Firestick. But it seems to be working as its own free app. I see 1 episode on there and it is Naito Vs. White at WK14. Can anyone confirm this is the correct episode of what I should be seeing?

And I know there is something called NJPW World that airs weekly or is a website? Is that free to watch?

I tried to google all this myself but when the results are in japanese, I kinda just check out. Appreciate any insight!

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 am

Iamspiderman wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:14 pm
Hello all! So I have not watched any NJPW since it left AXS awhile back. I was hoping you all could help me so that I am watching as much of it as I can weekly WITHOUT spending any $.

So I just downloaded the Roku Channel app on my smart TV. I have no Roku or Amazon Firestick. But it seems to be working as its own free app. I see 1 episode on there and it is Naito Vs. White at WK14. Can anyone confirm this is the correct episode of what I should be seeing?

And I know there is something called NJPW World that airs weekly or is a website? Is that free to watch?

I tried to google all this myself but when the results are in japanese, I kinda just check out. Appreciate any insight!
NJPW World is about $9.99 a month. It’s actually 999 yen so depends on the exchange rate at the time. If you wanted to deep dive into New Japan, it’s worth the yen.

That show on the Roku channel just started so I’m not sure what they’re showing. Sounds similar to the AXS show where it’s matches from awhile ago.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Joe wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 am
Iamspiderman wrote:

NJPW World is about $9.99 a month. It’s actually 999 yen so depends on the exchange rate at the time. If you wanted to deep dive into New Japan, it’s worth the yen.

That show on the Roku channel just started so I’m not sure what they’re showing. Sounds similar to the AXS show where it’s matches from awhile ago.
So is there nothing on the new japan site that is free to watch weekly? I thought I read there was a US based show besides this Roku channel thing. If not then, all good. I can stick with the Roku channel show and be happy to see these matches, even if they're from 2020.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:33 am

Iamspiderman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:59 pm
Joe wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 am
Iamspiderman wrote:

So is there nothing on the new japan site that is free to watch weekly? I thought I read there was a US based show besides this Roku channel thing. If not then, all good. I can stick with the Roku channel show and be happy to see these matches, even if they're from 2020.
There is a weekly show, NJPW Strong, but it’s mostly US guys anyway (it’s based in the US). And I believe you need a subscription to watch it.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Wow, news today is that Ospreay is done with the company and njpw used the neck injury as a cover to vacate the title. Huge blow for them if true.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm

I've heard a rumor of WWE poaching a ton of talent from the company. I wonder if Osprey is going to NXT UK with Bea Priestley rumored to be going over as well.

-mp-

Post by -mp- » Wed May 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Bea dumped his ass, that’s another reason why he’s wigging out right now.