Wrestle Kingdom 13

Nikk

Wrestle Kingdom 13

Post by Nikk » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Anyone else planning on watching tonight?

Iamspiderman

Re: Wrestlekingdom 2019

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Watching the 2 hour special on AXS. Man I really don’t like Kevin Kelly and any of this announcing team they have. Did he really have to keep yelling DESTINOOOOOO like that everytime. Ugh.

I know im in the minority here but I’ll take JR/Barnett anyday for New Japan conmentary.

Monday Night Rollins

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:57 am

Fantastic show. Felt like an end of an era with this being one the last shows for the Bucks & Omega.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 am

Monday Night Rollins wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:57 am
Fantastic show. Felt like an end of an era with this being one the last shows for the Bucks & Omega.
It's not even just those guys that gave that feeling though. Some of the results gave the same feeling like
KUSHIDA losing to the newer awesome Ishimori, White beating Okada clean, Ospreay winning the Never title
All of them give off that new era feel.

The one thing I see everyone freaking out about is WK being 2 days next year, except they never actually say that. The video and Kelly both only said that both Jan 4 and Jan 5 are at the Tokyo Dome. It seems to me that it's more just moving New Year Dash to the Dome as it's really become the raw after Mania big show.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:54 am

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:45 am
Monday Night Rollins wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:57 am
It's not even just those guys that gave that feeling though. Some of the results gave the same feeling like
KUSHIDA losing to the newer awesome Ishimori, White beating Okada clean, Ospreay winning the Never title
All of them give off that new era feel.

The one thing I see everyone freaking out about is WK being 2 days next year, except they never actually say that. The video and Kelly both only said that both Jan 4 and Jan 5 are at the Tokyo Dome. It seems to me that it's more just moving New Year Dash to the Dome as it's really become the raw after Mania big show.
You may have a post by about that, but I’ll counter with this - they could never sell out a second Dome show with no announced card or the typical New Year’s Dash all-tag format. The show will have to have a style similar to WK. I can see the IC title headlining one night and the Heavyweight title headlining the other. I’m actually very curious how they will work this out.

But I’ll also say that I’d be happy and okay if it means every match gets more time. I want to rewatch WK13 but my first reaction to a lot of the matches on the show was that they were too short. Most of them felt like they were barely getting going when the finishes happened. There were a lot of good matches that could have been great.