Random Music Comments and Discussion

Moderator: Puns

Post Reply
Joe
Posts: 2112
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am

Weezer just dropped a whole-ass surprise album of cover songs. The Teal Album! I’m not sure how I feel about this. But their cover of Billie Jean is awesome!

Keith6601
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Keith6601 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am
Weezer just dropped a whole-ass surprise album of cover songs. The Teal Album! I’m not sure how I feel about this. But their cover of Billie Jean is awesome!
Billie Jean is just flat out an awesome song. Easily in my top 3 Michael songs.

Stand By Me might be my favorite though. There's just that little bit added to the music that makes it more energetic but keeps the tone of the original with the vocals.

Joe
Posts: 2112
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am
Weezer just dropped a whole-ass surprise album of cover songs. The Teal Album! I’m not sure how I feel about this. But their cover of Billie Jean is awesome!
Billie Jean is just flat out an awesome song. Easily in my top 3 Michael songs.

Stand By Me might be my favorite though. There's just that little bit added to the music that makes it more energetic but keeps the tone of the original with the vocals.
Stand By Me is great too! I was underwhelmed by their Take On Me. Amused by No Scrubs though. :lol:

Iamspiderman
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Iamspiderman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:29 pm
Keith6601 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am
Weezer just dropped a whole-ass surprise album of cover songs. The Teal Album! I’m not sure how I feel about this. But their cover of Billie Jean is awesome!
Billie Jean is just flat out an awesome song. Easily in my top 3 Michael songs.

Stand By Me might be my favorite though. There's just that little bit added to the music that makes it more energetic but keeps the tone of the original with the vocals.
Stand By Me is great too! I was underwhelmed by their Take On Me. Amused by No Scrubs though. :lol:
They do Take on Me acoustic and so much slower live. I don't know why they just didn't roll with that!

ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm

I have no interest in Weezer but I'd listen to this album.

Keith6601
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Keith6601 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:01 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm
I have no interest in Weezer but I'd listen to this album.
Check it out Icy. I'm not a Weezer fan and the majority of the songs are really good.

Joe
Posts: 2112
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm

So for the hip hop fans out there, my question is...

Best solo album by a Wu Tang member?

ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 pm

I'm most definitely not a hip hop "fan",

but its Liquid Swords

Puns
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Puns » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:43 am

Joe wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm
So for the hip hop fans out there, my question is...

Best solo album by a Wu Tang member?
Ironman by Ghostface, then Liquid Swords by Gza.

Azmodeous
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:31 am

So KK Downing is sorta forming a new offshoot of Judas Priest called KK's Priest with Tim "Ripper" Owens and the guy who was the drummer for Priest on Stained Class and Hellbent for Leather.

ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:31 am
So KK Downing is sorta forming a new offshoot of Judas Priest called KK's Priest with Tim "Ripper" Owens and the guy who was the drummer for Priest on Stained Class and Hellbent for Leather.
they should have called it something else, KK's Priest seems unnecessarily petty and spiteful (I like the Steelmill name better). We'll see if Ripper can last with something beyond an album and tour (at most two).

Azmodeous
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:25 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:34 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:31 am
So KK Downing is sorta forming a new offshoot of Judas Priest called KK's Priest with Tim "Ripper" Owens and the guy who was the drummer for Priest on Stained Class and Hellbent for Leather.
they should have called it something else, KK's Priest seems unnecessarily petty and spiteful (I like the Steelmill name better). We'll see if Ripper can last with something beyond an album and tour (at most two).
I'm interested in hearing what they put out. It's going to take a tall order to be on the same level as Firepower was. You are right about the name, it feels petty like he's upset that they didn't call him back when Tipton left the band. Hopefully Ripper can stick around with something, he's super talented but tends to flake out fast sadly.

Puns
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by Puns » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:23 pm

What are PERFECT albums in your opinion?

ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:19 am

Puns wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:23 pm
What are PERFECT albums in your opinion?
I dont think there are perfect albums, just albums that flow really well without any weak songs.

ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat May 09, 2020 11:04 am

R I.P. Little Richard

Post Reply