NBA 2020-2021 season

Moderator: Puns

rohspashley

NBA 2020-2021 season

Post by rohspashley » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:53 pm

looks to be a long and painful season for my favourite team.. The Toronto Raptors. ps. still hate the name Raptors, really wish they had gone with Huskies.

Keith6601

Re: NBA 2020-2021 season

Post by Keith6601 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:39 pm

The Nets became the new Real Housewives of Brooklyn with the trade today. How long before the first blowup, likely from Kyrie since he's reportedly already not happy with the Nash hiring and KD.

rohspashley

Post by rohspashley » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 am

if Adam Silver had any self respect for himself or the league, he would suspend Kyrie for just quitting on his team for a birthday party where he didn't wear a mask and didn't social distance.

Amazing_Jos

Post by Amazing_Jos » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:55 am

rohspashley wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 am
if Adam Silver had any self respect for himself or the league, he would suspend Kyrie for just quitting on his team for a birthday party where he didn't wear a mask and didn't social distance.
Lol he doesnt!

My Rockets looking very questionable this season. Super worried

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:07 am

Which franchise is in a better place for the future, the Rockets or the Bulls?

rohspashley

Post by rohspashley » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:15 pm

it is so awesome to be able to debate who is currently the best Canadian in the NBA. growing up there was rarely a Canadian in the NBA. for awhile it was only Bill Wennington i believe. then it was Rick Fox. who never played for Canada. so sort of Canadian. then it was Steve Nash and Jamal Maglore so it was nice having a great player in Nash and a decent player in Maglore. but again when they got famous neither played for Team Canada. But now we have Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, RJ Barrett, Lugentz Dort and Shai Gilgeous Alexander from my hometown of Hamilton, Ontario. Really nice to see Chris Boucher who was working a job, now a decent NBA player.

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:29 am

What a game! Nuggets own in double OT to fend off 55 from Damian Lillard! Best game I’ve been to!

Amazing_Jos

Post by Amazing_Jos » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Bruh, just wanted to congratulate the Milwaukee Bucks for winning the NBA Finals!

The Suns were on another level this season and we saw flashes of that brilliance last year in the bubble when they had that nasty win streak. This season was not just special because they went from to dead last to 2nd place, but CP3 and Devon Booker showed the world they had alot more in the tank than everyone thought they did. Booker showed people that he is officially a superstar, his shooting was a beauty to watch.

I love how both teams that made it to the Finals were the purist of teams that had 1 juggernaut backed up by a fundamentally solid team. Game 6 of the Finals solidified Giannis as a great in the game of Basketball. He had 50 points on a double double and 5 blocks. He was just unstoppable and literally carried his team on his back. But that's not to take away from his teammates that showed up to play and back him up.

It sucks there had to be a loser, but I am very happy with either team winning, because both teams had a bunch of hungry talent that deserved it. Glad PJ Tucker, Jrue Holiday, Brooke Lopez, Donte Divincenzo, Pat Connaughton, Bobby Portis and all the others for finally becoming champions. I wish Kyle Korver was still with the team, but oh well.

Giannis talking smack about all the "Super Teams" after the finals was well justified. I don't like the thought of 3 superstars on the same team, unless they were drafted that way, like The Golden State Warriors (Curry, Thompson, Draymond).

Can't wait for next year, lets see if the NETS and Lakers can make it to the finals. Once again I predict the Rockets will have the shittiest season next year.