NFL Head Coach Merry Go Round!

Jimthy

NFL Head Coach Merry Go Round!

Post by Jimthy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Let's talk about the head coaching openings and who gets 'em!

Open Positions:
Cleveland Browns
Green Bay Packers
Miami Dolphins
Denver Broncos
New York Jets
Cincinnatti Bengals
Arizona Cardinals
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

HIRED:
None as of yet.

Joe

Re: NFL Head Coach Merry Go Round!

Post by Joe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:11 pm

I have no clue who will get what but I hope the Jets get someone with a solid plan for the future of the team. We’ve been dragging behind way too long and we actually have some tools right now that could make us contenders with the right people at the helm.

I’m surprised the Browns let their coach go. They finally had a good season. Why not give him another season?

Jimthy

Post by Jimthy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 am

Joe wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:11 pm
I have no clue who will get what but I hope the Jets get someone with a solid plan for the future of the team. We’ve been dragging behind way too long and we actually have some tools right now that could make us contenders with the right people at the helm.

I’m surprised the Browns let their coach go. They finally had a good season. Why not give him another season?
He was only the interim coach, and he has interviewed for the full time gig. So, it's still possible. I agree, he did a good job, why not keep him and see what he can put together with a full offseason to plan.

Jimthy

Post by Jimthy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Open Positions:
Miami Dolphins: Looks to be Brian Flores
Cincinnatti Bengals: Looks to be Zac Taylor

HIRED:
Cleveland Browns: Freddie Kitchens
Green Bay Packers: Matt LeFleur
Denver Broncos: Vic Fangio
New York Jets: Adam Gase
Arizona Cardinals: Kliff Kingsbury
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Arians

The Bucs got a coup getting Arians! I think the Broncos made a solid hire in Fangio, but as a Bears fan I was sorry to see him go. Again, as a Bears fan perhaps I'm jaded, but the LeFleur hire in Green Bay makes zero sense to me. Tennesse wasn't some great offense this year at all. Now, don't get me wrong, Rodgers is better than Mariota will ever think about being, but still...don't get that one.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm

As a Jets fan, I’m not exactly thrilled with getting sloppy seconds from the Dolphins, but if he has us winning games next season then I’ll love him. But that’s a big if.