Discussion And Feedback

Moderator: JonS

JonS

Re: Discussion And Feedback

Post by JonS » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:40 am

Puns' ZB talk show style idea is officially approved, by the way. Fingers crossed we get a few takers.

Amazing_Jos

Post by Amazing_Jos » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 pm

JonS wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:40 am
Puns' ZB talk show style idea is officially approved, by the way. Fingers crossed we get a few takers.
I'm down to do it, just not yet.

Also, I'm not a fan of super long promos but I have a lot of catching up to do, so sorry if it's a chore to read my newest promo.

Loved the last show, congrats to Annette for being the "Man" of Unity. If anyone deserves to be top dog, it's definitely her! Always active in discussion and constantly providing high quality promos.

Hope you guys enjoyed the Andrea Frost\Qadir match. I wrote it on short notice and didn't get the chance to run it by Annette. Hope I did her character justice and wrote a good match that told a nice story, given what's happened in the past few shows. Wanted to tie all of it together.

Annette1968

Post by Annette1968 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 am

Puns wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:29 pm
What if we made The BIG show for the company August?

I have no reasoning for the suggestion what so ever other than it’s just a different idea. LBCW was something special and I’d personally like to try to keep things as different as possible.

Jeremy Punswick was a very personal character for me to write and was therapeutic to write for in a way but also it had. I took the character too seriously and told stories with it that were real personal for me because they were semi-autobiographical and real dark in nature. That’s what I like about Brimstead. He’s a light hearted character and he shouldn’t ever be taken seriously and all of his friends are goons, idiots, scumbags, douchebags and it’s just fun to see jerks get their comeuppance. Schadenfreude.

I have some ideas about doing a potential ZB interview segment on shows instead of always having him manage in the opening match. I’d hate for it to become tedious for any of you to read anything I write, especially if ZB is always doing the same thing in the opening match! I guess a it’d be a Piper’s Pit kinda segment. My idea with that is to have him ask really ZB style questions and I’d like to do the interviews like one question at a time so that I could potentially base the next question off the previous whenever applicable. If anyone would be willing to wanna do some back and forth planning with me on collaboration stuff for potential storylines, I can communicate with any of yas via the Signal app. I have an iPhone and got it from the App Store. You add people via their phone numbers and if you send me a pm I’ll be glad to share it with ya and we could get to planning! I have too many ideas to ever really be able to write out so if anyone ask would like any ideas I have plenty of those written down from years of finding inspiration and jotting things down on my notes app. Just tons and tons of ideas just waiting to be used.
Willing to help in this regard. Just let me know.

Annette1968

Post by Annette1968 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:25 am

Amazing_Jos wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 pm
JonS wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:40 am
I'm down to do it, just not yet.

Also, I'm not a fan of super long promos but I have a lot of catching up to do, so sorry if it's a chore to read my newest promo.

Loved the last show, congrats to Annette for being the "Man" of Unity. If anyone deserves to be top dog, it's definitely her! Always active in discussion and constantly providing high quality promos.

Hope you guys enjoyed the Andrea Frost\Qadir match. I wrote it on short notice and didn't get the chance to run it by Annette. Hope I did her character justice and wrote a good match that told a nice story, given what's happened in the past few shows. Wanted to tie all of it together.
Jon can verify this. After I read the last show, I immediately sent him a Facebook message to thank him for giving me the opportunity to be the first champion. I then complemented whoever wrote the Frost/Qadir match. I had no idea who had written it. Jon let me know. It was excellent. I could feel it as I read it. Kudos to you sir.

RaYnE

Post by RaYnE » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 pm

hope it's ok, I updated the wins loss record

Grundy

Post by Grundy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Matchups are looking interesting for the next show. I hope to get a promo up tomorrow. loving all the work everyone is doing.

JonS

Post by JonS » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:44 pm

RaYnE wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 pm
hope it's ok, I updated the wins loss record
Thank you so much. Really appreciated.

JonS

Post by JonS » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Big apology to everyone for my lack of posting. I just started arranging match writing for the next show. If you guys are able to pull it out of the bag in time, great. If not, it's totally on me. I'll try to get the show up as soon as possible, even if it's late.

Grundy

Post by Grundy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 am

Well, I got a promo up. Finally did one the way I wanted for my character, but I still don't think I'm hitting my stride.

JonS

Post by JonS » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:37 pm

So sorry for the delay in posting the show. It's up now. Thank you so much to all of you for all your contributions. I wouldn't be able to keep this going without you all.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:41 pm

I might use the delay in my next promo (if thats okay).

Grundy

Post by Grundy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:12 pm

Well we got a blast from the past! And I have to say I like it!

RaYnE

Post by RaYnE » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Great Promo Jos...loved it. Sorry mine is short, I'll have another up soon. I'm so glad I can use the Carter character without it being a roster spot

Amazing_Jos

Post by Amazing_Jos » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:10 pm

RaYnE wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Great Promo Jos...loved it. Sorry mine is short, I'll have another up soon. I'm so glad I can use the Carter character without it being a roster spot
Thanks, Chris! What was it you enjoyed about it? Also, glad to have a familiar face in UNITY! Happy he's taken more of a managerial role than try to steal the spotlight from RAYNE.

Also, just finished reading the show in it's entirety. Gotta say, it was some very solid stuff! Warning, this is long as fuck, so if you don't care to read all of it, you can skip to what I said about your match!

B-Sides vs. Colorado Dudes: Good little squash match that established the fact that the B-Sides are one of THE Tag Teams of UNITY. Really curious to the whole Biff storyline and the tribute to Back to the Future. This team and storyline carries a bit of a CHIKARA aura.

Rayne vs. "Diamond" Rory Knight: It took me a while to capture the essence of RAYNE, but now i'm starting to imagine him as Okada but with a little high flying arsenal. Rory I pretty much figured out when I was writing Knight vs. Qadir for UNITY 1. I saw him as a scrubbier version of Will Ospreay, no offense to Aaron, but it was like Ospreay before he blew up and became a bad ass. The match told a good story with Rory being more of the heel in this one. Enjoyed that he ended up shaking hands with RAYNE after the match, don't think he should be HEEL just yet. But the Rory character can totally rock it if the booker were to go that direction.

Swag Crew vs ?: Solid little match, glad it didn't take long to read. Some of the matches can be a task to read in one sitting so i'm glad to have a shorter match to cool off from one of the longer matches. I like the "idea" and the characters of Swag Crew, but I do admit, Joe needs to cut a god dang promo! If he were to cut a promo at least once a month, it would help put over his team! It's like they remind me of a tag team that could be jobbers or they could be the life of the promotion. Swag Crew walks that fine line.

ZBE Show: Very good segment that had a very special return from Christian Carter! I winced, because I didn't want Carter to steal the show from RAYNE, but in hindsight, maybe it's for the better. I feel like Chris hasn't found the voice completely with Rayne, so having Carter do the talking will be way better. I know Chris has the Carter voice down and it gives him the freedom to go off and further certain things/points that he wouldn't be able to with RAYNE.

As for the segment in general, it was very solid but I felt like it ran too long. I had to read it 3 different times to finish it. I felt like I was reading more about how fat and obnoxious "ZBE" is and not really grasping what the point of the whole segment was until the big reveal. I do like that in hindsight, but i'm sure there would have been a shorter more effective way to get to the point and get certain things over. Dildo shower was a bit much, but that little part definitely made me laugh. Love all of Puns sexual innuendos'.

Vivian Wendy Ramshackle Exhibition: not sure if this was intentional or if someone was supposed to write it and didn't come through. All I know is that VWR has me intrigued to see what she has planned for UNITY. I also like how we already have something to look forward to on the big December show.

The Grey vs Bud Whitman v Andi Frost: Nice lil triple threat, had fun reading it. Bud Whitman played the role of the shit heel very well. The Grey was the X-factor because you aren't sure if he's human, it makes him have a heel vibe, but then you see little sides of humanity which makes him lean a little towards face. Andrea Frost played the face and I loved it.

When I wrote Andrea Frost vs. Qadir, originally I felt like Frost was written with a basic "old school face" style in previous matches. So I gave her a modern twist. If she's gonna be a female fighting males and she has family ties in Wrestling and the armed forces, it only made sense she would be tougher and more aggressive in the ring. Kind of like she knows she has to keep the petal to the metal in order to keep up. But I wanted her to be aggressive not in her arsenal but in the way she's calculating. Like the Sherlock Holmes of wrestling, she's 3 or 4 steps ahead and it all just chains together. Reminds me of Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong in ROH, the technical hostility, the lack of flash and knowledge she's accumulated over the years.

Anyways, after reading the show, I felt like whoever wrote this match stayed with this formula for Frost and it works so well. I'm glad Whitman won, Grey is still finding his spot on the card and Frost losing adds to the drama in Annette's promo's!

Silas Galloway vs ?: Nice squash to get Galloway over. He's the fresh meat of the group, so i'm glad we get a slow build. Thumbs up for this match being written short and a rest from all the reading I had to do before. Really big fan of Galloways finisher. Very original! Skanky Lion sounds like a character Puns made up! lol, I hope he did!

Qadir vs Henrik Brewsky 2 (Electric Boogaloo): First off, I want to thank Aleksi (Brewsky) for helping me write this match. He helped me write a good portion and kinda let me know what direction he wanted. We've been planning things, since the summer, on how it was going to go down between our characters but he had no idea about how I had it all played out in my head. It was always my intention to have Brewsky beat Qadir.

Aleksi is a great promo and I wanted to make sure Brewsky came out like a stud and not a dud in his series with Qadir. I know Aleksi likes to put people over so I wanted to make sure he realizes where he stands on the E-Fed totem poll and in my heart! My intention was to use Qadir as a launching pad for a new star(s) in UNITY.

Anyways, I used elements not only from Brewsky/Qadir 1 but from previous matches (Knight, Frost, Vibe). I thought it would be cute to have the ending of the 1st match set up the beginning of the rematch. Pretty much pick up where we left off and go from there. I also wrote in a little tribute to Aleksi's LBCW character A-LEX and had Brewsky use the Mexilence of Mexicution's finish. Maybe it was a little much, too soon or didn't make sense, but god damnit, I wanted to give a wink to our fallen LBCW World Champion!

In hindsight i'm a little heartbroken, a lot more than I thought I would be, about writing out Qadir. He was gonna be the big dumb monster guy so he wasn't featured too much in my promos at the beginning. My last stretch of promos, I had to not only put over Qadir as a character but I had to really think about what made this character who he was, what was his backstory? Anyways, the real story was the evolution of Qadir's character in the ring. He went from being a big tough punching bag to being more calculating and dangerous than ever! I had fun writing his matches because I had to get to the core of his opponent and figure a realistic way they would survive an onslaught from the behemoth. It was a fun challlenge!

My favorite match I wrote has to be Frost vs. Qadir. I felt I captured the essence of both characters and further evolved them from what they were in the beginning. Fierce Beauty vs. Savage Beast. Classic story, yet I felt like I didn't do the same hokey shit they do on TV. I was able to have Frost kick so much ass without all that flair. IDK why, but the simplicity of it all, yet the brutality was a picture I had fun painting... with words... lol!

I just wanna say, i'm not sure what happens to Qadir, but I have a story in mind if the Monstro Demonio is needed back in UNITY. But for now, let's just assume the big man is gone forever. I truly had fun out of my element, writing for a big guy who didn't say much!

Shout out to JONS for leaving the (Electric Boogaloo) part of the match. I sent it to him like that as a joke and he just said fuck it and posted it like that, lol. He let me run loose for a few months to let me tell my story, Thank you!

UNITY World Heavyweight Title match - Lenny Backstrom (c) vs Jackson Browne: My favorite match of the night! This match finally won me over on Backstrom! He had old school douchebag heel down to a T! I literally loved Browne beating the hell out of the champ and I could envision it. Big tough face wailing on despicable heel who deserves to get his ass beat! Wish Keith would have dropped a promo to sell this main event. Other than that, Annette did a great job of carrying the hype for this one.

The ending was good, I felt a bit too soon for extremes like the turnbuckle spot, but i'm officially invested in Backstrom as champion. Rayne on his ass, Brewsky in contention and Silas Galloway on the rise. The hunt for the gold is on and I myself can't wait to see how Annette's run as champion goes! I'm equally as excited to see how the promo's/story of Backstrom turn out from all of this. I love his swag.

The main event was shorter than the Qadir/Brewsky match but still long enough to be Main Event worthy. TBH, that's on me, because I didn't have time to shorten my match, I kinda had to send it last second. But I enjoyed it not being this long winded over the top match. It was a good showcase of our champion, his determination, plus it showed what he is willing to do to keep his Title.

All in all, 3.5 out of 5 boners from the Jos-ster for this show! This is my Ted Talk, thank you very much for reading all of this! My name is Jos and I hope this little review was Amazing!

RaYnE

Post by RaYnE » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 am

Amazing_Jos wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:10 pm
RaYnE wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Thanks, Chris! What was it you enjoyed about it? Also, glad to have a familiar face in UNITY! Happy he's taken more of a managerial role than try to steal the spotlight from RAYNE.
I'm looking forward to see where you go with the Alexi Garcia character. He seems to be the one who's in the shadows, and now he's had enough and is coming out, and he isn't happy about it. So yeah, it was good to see more interaction with the Alexi character in this one. Also, the darby sigh at the end of your last promo....made me laugh so much.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Two things, Jos...you're on to something with your take on the B Sides, and glad you enjoyed the 3 way.

Puns

Post by Puns » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Hey, anyone interested in joining in on that Signal group and throwing ideas out there with me, hit me up in a pm with your phone number and go download the app! I can start a group on there for us to all throw out ideas for stuff.

I’m going to continue to do promos for ZB just because I enjoy writing stuff for the character so much. He doesn’t have to do wrestling stuff and most of the time he isn’t and won’t be but I’m thinking I’m gonna try to keep Unity alive. It’s not gonna die on my watch. I have too much stuff I wanna write and I’ve kept ideas written down in my notes app since way back in the LBCW days that I just haven’t used yet.

I’m also thinking ZB is going to keep his dream of being the world’s greatest professional wrestling manager alive by going around to different indy promotions. If any of you would like to have your characters involved within the Unity universe but appearing on smaller non-Unity indy companies while Unity is on hiatus lemme know. I can write in little matches for these shows involving no-name wrestlers. If anyone would want to, you could write matches with your characters if you’d want to but I don’t need to have a story for it because the little occasional shows don’t need to be a big thing. We don’t need to have big stories or anything, but we also can if that’s something anyone would be interested in.

Again, these won’t be Unity shows, but shows in that universe. We can talk about Unity, but nothing will happen within a sanctioned Unity building or ring.