Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Stuff
Keith6601

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Keith6601 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Put it on a photo site then copy the link to here.

Or something like that, I really don't remember either :lol:

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Anyone heard if Bern made it through the storm okay?

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 pm

We drove to Durham today for Jacen's second autism evaluation this morning. The psychiatrists diagnosed him with autism and gave us a ton of information on new programs they are going to try to set up for him to work towards getting him up to speed developmentally. We've been expecting this for some time and are just hoping we don't run into any issues getting the care he needs. We hope they can also give us tools to help as well as far as what to and not to do. He's such a happy, bright boy, he just struggles in his communication, the eval team loved working with him.

Also, the drive there this morning was fine but boy howdy did it suck going back.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 pm

you got power? I was driving home from work and saw a transformer explode, so of course no power here.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 pm

We lost power about 30 minutes ago.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm

And power is back, along with the internet, I'm going to charge up my phone just in case it goes back out. Thankfully it looks like the worst of the wind and rain is over with though.

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:34 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t near them.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:34 pm
It hit in Florida and now is being felt in Virginia. It's massive. It totally destroyed complete towns as far north as Georgia. I didn't think it was going to be this bad until I checked the news earlier (I should probably check the news more).

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:08 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:34 pm
It hit in Florida and now is being felt in Virginia. It's massive. It totally destroyed complete towns as far north as Georgia. I didn't think it was going to be this bad until I checked the news earlier (I should probably check the news more).
Oh I know, I heard people blaming the very typical rain we got in NYC today on it too.

But yeah, Florida is huge, I believe Mike’s area is far from the area where it hit. At least, he hasn’t mentioned anything about preparing for the storm like he has in the past.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:17 am

All I know is storms are getting crazier and deadlier and more frequent and it's really starting to fuck with me.

And I'm not going to get political or anything, but climate change deniers can suck my mother fucking nuts.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 am

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:17 am
All I know is storms are getting crazier and deadlier and more frequent and it's really starting to fuck with me.

And I'm not going to get political or anything, but climate change deniers can suck my mother fucking nuts.
I’ve been walking around all week wondering why nobody is paying attention to the fact that it’s been 80 degrees or more in NYC in October.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:19 am

It's hard not to get political about this when its happening so frequently and we have an administration that is openly hostile to the facts of this problem. The entire world is warning us that there is a problem and the people in charge are basically putting their hands over their ears shouting 'la la la, I can't hear you'.

This has been my one political post for the year. We now return you to our regularly scheduled nerdy posts (though i have a rant on that to come at a later time) already in progress.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 am

Joe wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 am

I’ve been walking around all week wondering why nobody is paying attention to the fact that it’s been 80 degrees or more in NYC in October.
Even down here it's been nearly 90 degrees almost daily and its pushing mid-October. We're usually around low to mid-70's by this point.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:45 am

I think its pretty obvious the planet is fucked (and of course all of us by extension) by decades of big business and greed. I feel like maybe the elite already know there's no turning back and no hope but don't really give a shit since they are all old white men they figure they'll be dead by the time it's basically unlivable.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:45 am
I think its pretty obvious the planet is fucked (and of course all of us by extension) by decades of big business and greed. I feel like maybe the elite already know there's no turning back and no hope but don't really give a shit since they are all old white men they figure they'll be dead by the time it's basically unlivable.
It's not even an elite knowing and we don't thing. There was a report put out earlier this week from the United Nations' scientific panel on climate change that said basically we're going to see major issues by 2040 unless the entire world basically changed the way we do everything within a few years. They called it technically possible but politically unlikely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/clim ... ctionfront

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:15 am

Joe wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:45 am
It's not even an elite knowing and we don't thing. There was a report put out earlier this week from the United Nations' scientific panel on climate change that said basically we're going to see major issues by 2040 unless the entire world basically changed the way we do everything within a few years. They called it technically possible but politically unlikely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/clim ... ctionfront
I'm surprised it's as late as 2040.
No, there is no way our leaders will do ANYTHING that will possibly affect the bottom line of themselves and their corporate interests.
It doesn't matter how many reports or how much science is thrown at them, they will just fight back against it harder and harder.

We are all fucked.

Puns

Post by Puns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am

What do you guys think about geoengineering?

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 am

Puns wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am
I honestly have no clue what that is.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:50 am

Joe wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 am
Puns wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am
I honestly have no clue what that is.
Without doing any of the Google, I'm assuming it's some conspiracy theory that the government is "seeding" the weather to intensify storms and cause damage to coastline areas so that poor people will be killed and or lose their homes and the wealthy can take the land at a steal and begin gentrification.
Also, possibly the lizard people are bioengineering the planet to make it unsuitable for human life but more comfortable for them.

I find the former more credible of course.

Puns

Post by Puns » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:31 pm

I’ve made a huge mistake.