Stuff
Joe

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Joe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:17 am

-mp- wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 pm
I’m sort of surprised since I live in NYC, and thankful, that I don’t know anyone who has needed to even be tested.

I’m staying in Maine until this all settles down. NYC is exploding with cases and it just doesn’t feel great to be in the city. I came up here last Thursday to stay with my friend. Definitely the right call.
I’ve really been thinking about you and Spidey as the stuff coming out of NYC the last few days has been absolutely crazy. Glad you’re out of there, hope Spidey is staying safe too.
Yeah I had spent the last week before leaving just holed up in my apartment. The few times I did go out, there was legit a tension in the air. I usually visit this friend of mine every week anyway, so I decided to see if he was cool with me just staying. He has a second bedroom I usually use as mine when I’m here anyway. And he’s working a ton cause his job calls for it (and isn’t public, thank god, so he should be okay too) so we aren’t on top of each other 24/7 or anything. Mostly I’m here with his doggy and kitten, and they’re the best social distancing buddies ever! Maybe not the cat. He’s an asshole. But he’s a cat so it’s not entirely his fault.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:57 pm

-mp- wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 pm
I’m sort of surprised since I live in NYC, and thankful, that I don’t know anyone who has needed to even be tested.

I’m staying in Maine until this all settles down. NYC is exploding with cases and it just doesn’t feel great to be in the city. I came up here last Thursday to stay with my friend. Definitely the right call.
I’ve really been thinking about you and Spidey as the stuff coming out of NYC the last few days has been absolutely crazy. Glad you’re out of there, hope Spidey is staying safe too.
Hey man, I really appreciate the thought. Means alot for real!

I'm doing alright all things considered. Since 3/1 I've only been in NYC once, maybe twice for work. Otherwise I have been working from home the entire time. I asked to work from home full time about 3 days before my company began encouraging it and a week before the NYC mandates started dropping. My main concern was commuting on the trains AND subways. Since then I have only left my house for 7/11 or Stop & Shop and even then it has been 2 weeks.

I'm good at the moment but I am down to 2 rolls of TP and am trying to avoid going out at any cost. My main stress has been that my cars inspection is up at the end of this month and despite literally every other car related thing being delayed or postponed, that one is still required. So I guess my car is staying put until this is all done. Luckily I live across the street from both the market and 7/11.

And I wonder how my job will be going forward as we sell books to schools and it has kinda put us at a crossroads where we can only push eBooks now and most other new business seems impossible to maintain.

Originally I was supposed to travel to Florida and LA at the beginning of March too for back to back conferences, then the world fell apart and they both got cancelled (thankfully) as one was a global medical IT conference, not ideal to be selling books and interacting with all these doctors by any means.

Stay safe everyone, and for gods sake. Stay inside.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:33 am

They put a mandatory stay in place order out for our state yesterday. The order feels very weak though and doesn't look to change much other than finally mandating everywhere only has 10 people or less in any public gatherings (it had been 50 and CVS had been abusing that for weeks with customers coming in large waves and NO ONE practicing safe social distancing) and nonessential businesses being ordered to close for at least 30 days. The only problem is that I can see this order being abused by businesses who will claim to be essential when they clearly aren't and will only contribute to the problem (I'm looking at you Hobby Lobby). Also, the order doesn't go into effect until 5 pm Monday and I'm working all weekend so it's going to be nightmare fuel the next few days.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:24 pm

If they want to curb it, they need to order everything shut down for a week or two and make it if you walk out your door, you get shot. But seriously, the stay at homes won't do anything simply because as long as they leave essentials open, people are going to go out.

What is essential is the issue as Azzy said. The governor here put out the order and the first question was well what's essential and the reporter listed things and liquor stores are essential. It's a joke.

More and more people are starting to stay home around here. It's probably a combination of the crappy weather the past couple days but I haven't had over 500 customers since monday.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:30 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:24 pm
If they want to curb it, they need to order everything shut down for a week or two and make it if you walk out your door, you get shot. But seriously, the stay at homes won't do anything simply because as long as they leave essentials open, people are going to go out.

What is essential is the issue as Azzy said. The governor here put out the order and the first question was well what's essential and the reporter listed things and liquor stores are essential. It's a joke.

More and more people are starting to stay home around here. It's probably a combination of the crappy weather the past couple days but I haven't had over 500 customers since monday.
I can see a pretty clear case for why liquor stores are essential. :lol:

I’m just thankful pot dispensaries in Maine are still open.

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:42 pm

T to the I to the double T I to the E to the S that’s titties.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 am

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:24 pm

I can kind of understand liquor stores as ER's don't need to be run over by alcoholics who crash from lack of access to liquor. The one that gets me is churches, it encourages large groups to congregate. It's especially bad when lots of church leaders around here believe this is a giant hoax or that just praying will make it all go away.

Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:21 pm

;) Power of positivity

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:11 pm

I know my first person who died from this. Guy who used to own the diner near my old office in TriBeCa. My aunt told me it happened today. I’m a little shook. This is scary stuff. I’m worried about my family, just because they’re in NYC. But I know they’re staying home. Oy.

Puns

Post by Puns » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:09 am

Joe wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:11 pm
I know my first person who died from this. Guy who used to own the diner near my old office in TriBeCa. My aunt told me it happened today. I’m a little shook. This is scary stuff. I’m worried about my family, just because they’re in NYC. But I know they’re staying home. Oy.
Damn! It makes things a lot more real when someone you know gets effected.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:08 pm

Puns wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:09 am
Joe wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:11 pm
Damn! It makes things a lot more real when someone you know gets effected.
It really does. I had a hard time sleeping last night.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 am

Joe, I'm glad you are out of the center of that for a while. NY is scary right now and I get the feeling that other states are going to be following its lead soon if we don't do a lot more than we are currently.

NC is a joke, our stay at home order has more loopholes than swiss cheese. People are going out like life hasn't change done bit and most businesses are refusing to close no matter the service they provide. I love comics, but my local shop has no business being open through this, neither does furniture stores or the freaking mall. As long as businesses are left open, people are going to go out and further the risk of spreading this around. The only thing that will quell this is a lockdown at this point, which won't happen in this country as we place way too much importance on corporations. It's the reason scientists are expecting the US to be the center for this to grow and spread throughout the world from here on out.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:41 pm

So, Sherry asks me to go fix dinner tonight, which I do, no questions asked. In the middle of fixing the side dishes, she comes into the kitchen and jumps all over my case about why I haven't fed Jacen yet. At this point, I ask her why can't she do that since I'm cooking and she gets on my case further and that I need to learn to multitask. Mind you, through the time I'm cooking and washing dishes she's just sitting around on Facebook making unholy amounts of posts. I just hate feeling like when I get home she tries to put the brunt of the housework at my feet. We should be in this together, especially to take care of Jacen.

And while I'm worked up, she super pissed me off at dinner when Jacen wanted to play a game he's started where he brings us a stuffed animal and we talk to him in a voice for him (it's cute and gets him to use his imagination). She was trying something on Facebook and he came to her, she got mad at him and pushed him away (not hard or anything to do physical harm mind you) and really upset him. It left me really pissed on top of our earlier argument though.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:53 pm

I have to assume online gambling is on the up tick these days but ya know, hopefully Draft Kings, Fan Duel and all the rest are bankrupt!

Puns

Post by Puns » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:56 pm

I am “essential” to the economy and to the small business my boss operates. I know each and every one of the 15 routes that he owns. I can help order the stops for every member of my “team.” I say “team” in quotes like that because the only people doing anything resembling helping the crew are myself and the driver who loads his truck next to me in the mornings. I have worked 11 Mondays so far this year, and Monday is supposed to be my day off, while the next closest person to me, the guy who loads besides me has worked 6 Mondays. I’ve literally worked 6 days a week just about every single week since October.

So today, while fed up with putting my health and life on the line for unfettered capitalism, I decided enough was enough. I let my boss know that they will have to provide me with 1.5-2x pay for every day I continue to work during a fucking global pandemic while delivering bullshit non essential goods to these god damn fucking capitalist dogs, and provide me with 1.5x salary back pay for every single day I’ve worked on my day off. I am not part of the team, I am the fucking team. I’ve given more of myself than anyone, including my boss, during this time. My boss sits at home while I deliver shit for him and he makes over $350,000 a year literally not even coming into the terminal most of the time.

Delivery drivers are so essential to the economy and health of local businesses that we get absolutely nothing for working on the front lines during times where thousands and thousands and thousands of people are fucking dying.

I have the balls to do this because I have enough money saved up to last a while sitting on my stupid ass at home. I don’t give a shit if they fire me because I will file for unemployment and bring a class action lawsuit against FedEx, my boss and his wife who own the small business I work for and the business itself. I’m an educated Jew with an educated Jew lawyer. I will face fuck them in court.

Does anyone think we could file a lawsuit against the Puns's favorite uncle administration for their lies and neglect for the health of the workers and bullshit propaganda?

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:57 pm

No. He has been sued countless times, and always seems to come out on top. He's Teflon Don, nothing sticks. He could pull a gun out during a press conference and shoot the CNN reporter in the head on live TV and he'd get off.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm

Puns just said Puns's favorite uncle!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Puns

Post by Puns » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:51 pm

God damn it.

Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:23 am

It probably would’ve helped if at the start of the year proper time and research was given to the covid instead of non-stop impeachment coverage because it took nearly two months before it started mattering in the mainstream

Apparently though, riding mowers are an essential business. But at least I’m getting a $500 bonus this month and the next that I’m sure is technically hazard pay except states so on the check

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Just to make things awesome right now, my tv died on me...