Moderator: Puns

Azmodeous

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:33 am

Puns wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:44 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:49 am
Has it ever occurred to people that both Amber Heard AND Johnny Depp are abusive people who got together and created a toxic situation? Both have a history of abusive behavior. The idolatry and wilful dismissal of any wrong doing on Depp's end by people because they think he's hot or they grew up watching him is a bit concerning to me.
The worshipping of celebrity culture in America as a whole is particularly distressing to me. These people pretend to be other people for a living so we never truly know any of them outside whatever appearances they do, that they’re likely being paid lots to do while being endorsed publicly. They’re happy to be there, glad to do it, is what I mean. We know nothing about them as human beings outside the fluff pieces and whatever their handlers have them do publicly. But like I said, they’re professional pretenders. For anyone to care about whatever celebrity wants/thinks/does/etc is crazy to me. But I’m probably a weirdo in that sense. I reject most popular culture. I still haven’t seen any Star Wars and likely never will. But I just don’t see why I should care about any celebrity outside of whatever they do to entertain me. People that do have always seemed pretty weird to me.
Sherry is obsessed with this stuff, so I get to hear about more than I care to. I get no escape from Tik Tok (I loathe that app) on hour long drives to Durham weekly, and every video I heard about the situation was basically, Amber bad, Johnny would never harm a fly. All I can think is: 'REALLY? The same Johnny Depp who Terry Gilliam said he feared for his life when he showed up on set under the influence multiple times while filming Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? We're just going to ignore this and multiple other similar reports throughout the years on other films?' The sheer deluge of content that fits into that narrative really makes me question just how much that is being created to steer the publics perspective of this. It's a microcosm of how political manipulation works really.

Puns

Post by Puns » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:49 am

I had a girlfriend growing up who was obsessed with the guys in N Sync, specifically Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez. She could tell you where they were born, their birthdays, where they lived, who they were dating etc. I thought it was nuts that she cared about them outside of their music. I mean, I’ve read tons of books about bands I like and am interested in learning more about because I’m a freak about history, but this girl went well past being interested in it and took it to levels of obsession.

I agree wholeheartedly about it being a microcosm of the way political manipulation works. So many people in America are obsessed with their side being right, morally superior to the other side and vehemently opposing their enemy. Instead of seeing the opposing party as enemies we should see them as possible Allie’s we can cultivate. I’d never work with a Nazi, but most right wing folk are not Nazis. We can use those moderates by giving and taking with them. That’s how politics should work. But as always, fuck Nazis, no one should ever work with any of them.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:48 pm

Oh yay, I'm an ableist bully because I didn't want to turn the captions on while watching a movie today...

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:23 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:48 pm
Oh yay, I'm an ableist bully because I didn't want to turn the captions on while watching a movie today...
Sorry you got hit with that BS today.

People are exhausting. As much as I get lonely, there are times I just feel like I’m better off single and on my own.

Send Hook

Post by Send Hook » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:16 pm

I was sort of being toxic to this chick I’ve been talking to. She was all flirty & the left me on read text. She text back this morning saying she fell asleep. I said no worries I just got home. She responded where did you go? I’ve yet to respond. What should I say back?

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:17 am

Send Hook wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:16 pm
I was sort of being toxic to this chick I’ve been talking to. She was all flirty & the left me on read text. She text back this morning saying she fell asleep. I said no worries I just got home. She responded where did you go? I’ve yet to respond. What should I say back?
I mean if you really care about her, just be honest and try to move forward. If you’re just having fun and being toxic for fun…..well I can’t really help there.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:10 pm

The only right answer here is jail!

Send Hook

Post by Send Hook » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:47 pm

Well that backfired! 😳

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:08 pm

Anyone interested in flying to Athens and spending a week traipsing around eastern Europe with me? I’d love to see some of Turkey and Italy as well.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:03 pm

Puns wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Anyone interested in flying to Athens and spending a week traipsing around eastern Europe with me? I’d love to see some of Turkey and Italy as well.
Only if I don't have to come back to the US.

I'm barely kidding these days..

Puns

Post by Puns » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:01 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:03 pm
Puns wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Only if I don't have to come back to the US.

I'm barely kidding these days..
Haha my plan is not to come back.

Puns

Post by Puns » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:32 pm

TIL Einstein’s special theory of relativity was published three years before Ford began production on the Model T.

Send Hook

Post by Send Hook » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Coworker is a cutie & she gives off them good vibes. Buuuuuuuut she’s married. I’m not a home wrecker.

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Send Hook wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:58 pm
Coworker is a cutie & she gives off them good vibes. Buuuuuuuut she’s married. I’m not a home wrecker.
Good on ya!

Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Send Hook wrote:
Just on the neighborhood watch now :lol:

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:23 pm

Send Hook wrote:
Trust me, messing with a married woman ended poorly for me. It's probably for the best to leave that well enough alone.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:24 pm

Send Hook wrote:
Trust me, messing with a married woman ended poorly for me. It's probably for the best to leave that well enough alone.

Puns

Post by Puns » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:34 pm

The name Sasha is a common diminutive form of the name Alexandr. The Hebrew spelling of the word is סשה. When I was a kid I had a German shepherd named Sasha. nWo.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:22 am

Did something I usually don't do today and called out of work to just have a day to recharge. Spent all day Saturday at a convention for my brother's and I youtube channel so I spent all day yesterday catching up on house work and just wanna relax today. Though work thinks I'm sick...

Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:26 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:22 am
Did something I usually don't do today and called out of work to just have a day to recharge. Spent all day Saturday at a convention for my brother's and I youtube channel so I spent all day yesterday catching up on house work and just wanna relax today. Though work thinks I'm sick...
You had con fever :lol: