Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Stuff
Puns

Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Puns » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 pm

So I’m always reading something and thinking outside the box and I write a lot about things that I think about. I post a lot of stuff on Facebook but I also keep a lot of it for myself and thought that this might be a good place for some discussion on some of the things people on Facebook might be a little too dumb to comprehend or just unwilling to accept or even try to think about.

I have a theory.

If humans were not as self aware in the very distant past as we currently are in modern day society could they have possibly perceived their thoughts to be something that is being said to them by an entity that they could not see or understand and this could be the entire basis of religious beliefs throughout the history of the world? This is bicameralism. The separation in one’s mind between the part that is speaking and the other part which listens and obeys what it is told.

Also, perhaps the visions these people and/or prophets experienced, while not exactly divine in nature, were actually the result of hallucinations that, since these people were not able at the time to attribute the thoughts inside their own head to their own consciousness, they attributed to “god.” Perhaps they are a plant which caused them to have hallucinations and while they are seeing things, like say a burning bush, they perceived that the thoughts inside their head while seeing this hallucination were coming from the bush itself, thus the burning bush WAS speaking to them. How would someone who doesn’t understand the difference between the thoughts in their own head coming from themselves who is also experiencing a funky trip as a result of the plant they infested tell someone else about what had happened to them? They would say that a bush was on fire and it spoke to them, whether or not it in fact happened that way because their understanding of the situation that took place was limited. If some perceived divine revelation occurred during the hallucination it would be attributed to an entity that was not in fact there at the time. “God,” in theory. God would reveal that people should not kill one another. That we should not steal from one another. That rape was in fact not something we should do. These all seem to be common sense to us, but for a person who can’t understand that their own thoughts are coming from them this would be something revealed to them by a higher power.

Of course these commandments would not always be followed because not everyone adheres to the same moral code. Some people are inherently evil. The people that did not follow the rules that came down from the higher power would be labeled sinners for not following the divine revaluations that came from above to the person who was originally experiencing hallucinations and not understanding that the thoughts in their head weren’t coming from elsewhere, but was actually their own consciousness. The people who sinned or went by their own rules instead of the ones revealed to the hallucinating person would be “bad” people.

Many different religions throughout the history of the world have eaten different things that caused hallucinations to become closer to their god. To help to achieve spiritual enlightenment, if you will. Now days these practices are frowned upon because laws have been put in place and certain substances have been deemed illegal by governments and certain religious practices are no longer commonplace because religions have evolved as humanity has evolved. Also certain religions have been eliminated by the more popular and powerful religions of the time because they deemed anyone who didn’t follow their own spiritual path to be a “sinner.”

When the Romans took control of Christianity they set rules to control the vast empire that spanned many different countries throughout all sorts of different nationalities and languages. The unifying force? Religion. When the government controls the religion they can control the belief system and control the people. When you control the entire belief system you can change it to meet whatever narrative you want it to meet.

Perhaps when Adam and Eve ate the fruit that got them banished from the Garden of Eden it was a metaphor for knowledge of what they were. Instead of just being, they realized “I am Adam” and “I am Eve.” Maybe they were enlightened to the fact that because they think they are? Also, it could have possibly been something that caused them to have hallucinations and could have been a real bad trip and would be the reason that they saw a talking snake and would result in them believing what they had done was evil. If they were indeed the first people they wouldn’t have known that when you give it it is a painful process. They would have had no one to ask. It wouldn’t have been a curse laid upon all of mankind as they would have been led to believe by the hallucinations and the thoughts inside their head that they weren’t able to rationally comprehend, but in fact only a product of simple biological reproduction.

You also see ancient gods from the Sumerian pantheon like Enki depicted holding something that looks like a pine cone. Perhaps this isn’t a pine cone at all, but a mushroom? Mushrooms are known to cause people to hallucinate. You see some real crazy stuff when you’re tripping. Maybe someone described the hallucination that they were seeing after ingesting the mushroom and the had seen a man with a long beard and a pointy hat wearing a robe and holding a golden staff in one hand and a mushroom in the other commanding the fish to fly and the lambs to lie down at his feet and having the animals obey him, and the person would believe that this person that they are hallucinating has extraordinary powers and the ability to command all life to do whatever he says. This sounds completely rational to me. We see some pretty groovy stuff scrawled on ancient monuments, temples, artifacts, pyramids, etc.

In the ancient Egypt times of Moses trying to free the Israelites from their Egyptian slavery could the plagues that were cast down on the Pharaoh from god also have been the result of hallucinations? ancient Egyptian dynasties were also known to marry family members for generations. Could the hallucinations perhaps be attributed to mental illnesses caused by generational incest? Or could the plagues attributed to come from god just be humans without the understanding of thoughts coming from themselves trying to understand and rationalize these bad things happening to them? Slavery is inhuman, but was commonplace at the time. It happened throughout the world. Those who were more powerful imprisoned the weaker, those who believed in different religions from themselves, their conquered foes, those of different skin color, etc. No person likes to be forced to do anything against their will. The enslaved are going to hate the people enslaving them. So the thoughts in their heads about their captors are going to be negative. The enslavers are going to be evil people in their minds. So without understanding the way thoughts happen in their mind and attributing the thoughts in their heads to a divine being speaking to them, some of them are going to believe that these thoughts come from some sort of higher power. The stories that result from them escaping their captivity would then be attributed to god and the thoughts of the people will be words that god said to them. God is essentially their consciousness speaking to them, a divine attribution of the unknown element of how thinking works.

This would have all happened throughout the history of the world, in different countries, in different ages, in different ways, different languages and customs and as many possible differences people could have and in many different levels of understanding, and this could have resulted in the concept of all the different gods for all the different people throughout the world and the different religions and different practices and beliefs that they all practiced and held. They are all true to the person that believes in them. None of them are wrong because religious belief is something that is sacred to someone and is a thing that can not be proven or disproven. It is a belief. Everyone is and was entitled to their own beliefs.

Personally I love to think of where these beliefs originated and what could have caused them in a rational, scientific manner rather than a belief in a particular entity that controls everything good and bad that has ever happened to everyone and everything that has ever lived. I don’t adhere to any religion because I’m the kind of person who values rigid structure and proof over faith but I find the subject of religion throughout the history of the world to be a very intellectually fascinating subject that I am constantly thinking about because of the gravity that religion holds in present day society.

Joe

Re: Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:38 pm

The title of this thread made me wonder if a spam bot got through the filters somehow! :lol:

Keith6601

Re: Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Keith6601 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Joe wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:38 pm
The title of this thread made me wonder if a spam bot got through the filters somehow! :lol:
I thought he changed the random thoughts title but then realized the board was still working so he wasn't in the control panels.

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am

Is money a religion?

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:56 am

Puns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am
Is money a religion?
yes

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:56 am
Puns wrote:
Is money a religion?
yes
It’s certainly been deified and is worshipped throughout the world but especially so in the United States.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 am

Puns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Puns wrote:
Is money a religion?
yes
It’s certainly been deified and is worshipped throughout the world but especially so in the United States.
I tend to view Star Trek (especially the original series and The Next Generation) as a model for what humanity should aspire to be. Things aren't perfect, mind you, but even when problems arise they come together to solve them. One of the first things that they did in Trek to make things more peaceful was to abolish money.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:13 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 am
Puns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

yes
I tend to view Star Trek (especially the original series and The Next Generation) as a model for what humanity should aspire to be. Things aren't perfect, mind you, but even when problems arise they come together to solve them. One of the first things that they did in Trek to make things more peaceful was to abolish money.
on Earth, but they have Federation credits, which was for trade b/t Planets. And of course a lot of the galaxy still uses the gold standard (latinum).
It's not the money ITSELF that is evil, it's the greed and obsession with wealth and power.

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:59 pm

So what do you guys think about reincarnation? I have some thoughts I’d like to share with you and see what you think.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Puns wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:59 pm
So what do you guys think about reincarnation? I have some thoughts I’d like to share with you and see what you think.
I believe it is possible, but unlikely.
Like Aliens visiting us or ghosts.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm

What if the conspiracy is that people like Puns are brainwashed these conspiracy theories to throw us off from the real conspiracies?

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm
What if the conspiracy is that people like Puns are brainwashed these conspiracy theories to throw us off from the real conspiracies?

That’s it! Who squealed?

Puns

Post by Puns » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:36 pm

Okay, about reincarnation.

My friend and I were talking about it the other night and he asked me what I believe happens once you die. I told him that I’ve read the Bible twice through this year, as well as the Quran once. I personally don’t subscribe to the stuff in those books. They have a lot of good in them, but far too many contradictions and things that have been left open to different interpretations and the Bible has been translated to and from so many different languages and edited by the Romans countless times to fit whatever the emperor at the time wanted to be the truth. It’s got books that are part of it and books that were left out because someone didn’t like a certain point they made or decided that it didn’t meet the narrative they wanted so soon.

I told him that I thought the Eastern religions made a lot more sense to me, especially on a philosophical level. Doesn’t karma just make sense? If you do good things, you get good back in return. Do bad things, bad things will happen to you. Spread this over your entire life and that will be what determines your station in the next life.

What makes me think there is a next life, however? In particular I need solid proof of something, scientifically speaking, of course, to believe that it exists. What I do know is that approximately 99% of the human body is comprised of six elements: hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, oxygen, calcium and phosphorous. About .85% is made up of another five elements: potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium. All these elements are essential for life. But check this out. Stars are also comprised of helium and hydrogen, hydrogen being the most abundant element in the universe and what makes up approximately 3/4 of all matter, carbon, oxygen and other trace elements. Sounds like the same stuff people are made of right? It’s because we are made up of the same elements.

But here is another thing that I find absolutely fascinating. According to the first law of thermodynamics: energy is always conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed, that the energy of a closed system can neither increase nor decrease without interference from outside. So when we die what happens to that energy since it can’t be destroyed? And energy is just a constant so the energy we are comprised of isn’t going away, nor can it be recreated. It has to go somewhere. And it does.

When our physical bodies die we generally are put into a coffin and lowered into the ground. Our bodies break down and decompose. Biologically our bodies go on to become a veritable buffet, not only for the bacterial organisms that outnumber our own human cells ranging anywhere from 3:1-10:1 in some papers I’ve read. Either way, they are billions-trillions if cells in our bodies that are non human bacterial cells. There are also all types of insects that will get a piece of our bodies. These insects will lay their eggs and the eggs will hatch and whatever insects comes out will feed on our body.

But the very first thing to begin eating our bodies once we die is living inside of us right now. When we die, not every single part of us immediately dies right away. Many of our cells remain alive and the bacteria inside of us that rely on the nutrients these live cells provide them stay alive as well. Our gut houses tons of active bacteria. When we are alive our body is pretty good at keeping these bacteria in one place. But when we die the bacteria begin looking for new food to eat and begin to move elsewhere. Within the first 24 hours of dying the bacteria housed in our guts can spread through your intestines, into your blood, your liver and other organs and will grub down. The result of this is that the bacteria produce gases and your body will begin to bloat and this is one of the earliest signs of decomposition.

So as the bacteria in your body begins to eat you from the inside out your body goes from decomposition to putrefaction. That’s where the soft tissue of your body breaks down into gases, liquids and salts and this process is sped up by another type of bacteria besides the kind living inside of you right now. These bacteria that are eating you before the putrefaction stage are aerobic bacteria and they require oxygen to thrive. Now you’re gonna find anaerobic bacteria that don’t need oxygen to survive. They are going to eat the tissues and ferment the sugars you’ve got stored up in there and will convert them into methane, hydrogen, sulfide and ammonia. The human body will be bloating more now because these bacteria create the majority of the gases that can eventually make us burst. So needless to say by this point your dead body will be extremely foul smelling.

This foul smell will attract the next thing that will feast on you. Flies. About four days or so after you die blowflies and flesh flies will pick up on that deep; gnarly funk you’re emitting and they’ll come flying up looking for a nice meal of rotting flesh. Blow flies might be attracted to your body sooner, but by this point your rotting dead body will ripe for their consumption. The flies will eat your flesh and skin cells, as well as any waste that was come out of your body as the bacteria eat you from inside out. Once these flies have eaten as much you as they want to they will lay a bunch of eggs so that the next generation can enjoy a big meal of you as well. And by a bunch of eggs I mean between 200-500 little hatchlings. These eggs will be ready to hatch in a day and maggots will burst forth and hundreds and eventually thousands of these little guys will be all over your body, eating away. They’ll move all across your body, wiggling constantly to keep cool because they generate a lot of heat just by eating. As they move, oftentimes maggots will continue to go in the same direction and track and over time there may be lines and holes of eaten flesh where there has been the highest amount of maggot traffic.

Once the maggots have eaten their fill they will become flies. These flies will come back and eat and lay their eggs and the cycle will continue.

After a few more days of putrefaction beetles will become attracted to your corpse. Beetles prefer tougher food than flies and will begin to eat away at your skin rather than insides and fluids. Some beetles also enjoy larvae as well and will have a buffet of corpse and baby flies to grub on. The second kind of beetles arrive later, scavengers who prefer eating your skin and tendons as your body dries out. Next your body may get a visit from carrion beetles who will not only eat your skin and flesh but maggots and other insects as well. These carrion beetles will lay eggs, but their larvae just wanna eat you and will leave the other insects and feasting creatures alone.

Soon you will be feeding thousands of mites. Some gamasid mites show up in the early stages of decomposition, some tyroglyphid mites show up riding on the flies or beetles looking for a meal. These mites will feed on everything from fly eggs to your flesh as well as the byproducts of decomposition itself. They also keep the population of flies and beetles in check by eating everything. There will also be spiders and centipedes and worms eating the stuff that is eating you.

After the fly larvae have their way with you adult moths will lay their eggs in your carcass. These tineid moths are really only interested in eating your hair. These are the same kind of moths that eat your clothing and they particularly enjoyed eating mammal hair. These moth larvae will hatch and eat whatever hair is remaining. The fly larvae aren’t really interested in eating your hair so these moth larvae are often among the very last things to feed on your rotting corpse before it’s transformed by fungus that is there basically to harvest your chemical nutrients.

So I know by now you’re wondering just what in the heck all of this has to do with reincarnation. I’m just telling you the process in which your body decomposes and is turned into food for thousands upon thousands of other things. I’m getting there, trust me. Well, we know that time is relative. The lifespan of a blow fly is between 17-35 days. Think about that for a minute. They live their entire life in what is to us humans between just over two weeks to just over a month. Our body will feed generations and generations and generations of flies. The babies of the first flies that get there wouldn’t exist if their parent didn’t eat us and lay their eggs on our bodies. The same goes for the beetles and mites and worms and everything else that feeds off of us. Our bodies are generating life for generations that wouldn’t exist otherwise after death.

You know how when you’re a kid and you go on a drive and it seems like it takes absolutely forever to get somewhere that’s just 45 minutes away? That’s because when you are six years old 45 minutes is a much larger percentage of your life than 45 minutes is to a person who has lived for 35 years. Again, time is relative.

You know how we hear about life flashing before people’s eyes before they die or during a near death moment? I don’t know about it happening when you die because I haven’t died yet to find out. I also haven’t experienced a near enough to death moment to warrant life flashing before my eyes. Maybe this is life’s way of showing us what we’ve done in our lives, in a way akin to God showing us everything we’ve done in our life during our moment of judgment, but without the religious aspect. Maybe it’s just what happens and people created the notion of a god to represent the answers to the questions that are unknown to people at the time.

In my life I’ve asked a lot of questions. I’m just an inquisitive kind of guy. I like to know things. I’m also not the kind of person just just accept an answer because it’s the easiest one to accept. I like to think outside of the box. I use my inquisitive nature to my advantage by questioning everything. That being said, none of the answers to any of the questions I have ever asked have been “God.” Things that cannot be explained aren’t caused by god. They’re just unknown at the time. Science has factually explained everything that the church has been wrong about. When the church was excommunicating heretics for daring to question their claim that the sun revolves around the earth? They were wrong. They were wrong about the earth being flat. They were wrong about the Crusades, the inquisition.They were wrong over and over and over throughout history about basically everything they’ve ever stated was fact. I don’t personally understand how people believe in a god. It’s accepting an answer that is easiest to deal with vs researching and studying and looking for an answer that might not be so easy to accept. I’d much rather have an uncomfortable truth vs an easy to accept lie.

But as those moments of life flash through the eyes of the person at or near death, is time also relative? Do we witness every single moment or only important ones? Will we see the monumental decisions that we made that either positively or negatively changed our lives for the better or worse and understand why those moments were the right or wrong one to make?

Everyone is born with something that they are good at. Some people are born to be teachers. Some are born to be lawyers. Some are born to be professional wrestlers. But some of the people who are born to do a specific thing aren’t in the profession that they were called to do. Maybe they are, but are slightly off. Like say you have a math teacher who is a real dick. Maybe that person is great at math and it just comes naturally incredibly easy to them. They go to college and get their degree and they want to teach so they teach what is easiest for them. Maybe they should have been a science teacher but because their personality caused them to gravitate towards what comes easiest they settled in life instead of taking the harder path. Would that teacher discovered that their true path in life was to be a science teacher maybe the moment that turned them into a horrible dick of a teacher wouldn’t have happened and they may have been the best teacher instead of one who is remembered negatively. If they view their life as it flashes before their eyes in the moment or moments before death would they see that moment in their life where they chose to become a math teacher because it was easier instead of teaching a tougher subject that would have been more rewarding and learn from witnessing it? If they don’t learn from it, what then?

The ultimate goal, I believe, is for us to realize that we are all connected. Not just people, but with all of nature as well.

So a personal aside real quick. In 2008 I took a lot of lsd. I did it for fun, of course, but I got a lot more out of it than just fun. I had hallucinations, as you do on lsd, that opened up my mind in a way I didn’t know was possible. It showed me that I was part of everything and everything was a part of me. It’s like there was a string going from my body to everything else, every person, every plant, every animal. It changed my perception of everything forever. It changed me for the better. I began to see things differently from that point on. Before lsd I had grown up using words like “faggot” and “queer” and “retard” without really thinking about what the words themselves meant and represented for other people. I used them in a negative way and I really regret that. After that it enabled me to see things from other people’s points of view. I was raised by people who looked down on others and used derogatory words for people who weren’t just like them, white, straight, Christian, Republicans. But they were hypocrites. I didn’t really see the hypocrisy before but afterwards it was like a piece of my mind was opened up and it never closed back again. You know how scientists say humans only use like 10 or 11% of our brains? Well I feel like an extra couple percent of my brain has been used ever since I took lsd. It was almost like I had a religious experience, an awakening, an arousal of my perception.

As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more in tune with the harmonious nature of life. I think and read a whole lot about things that generally don’t seem to interest my friends. When I talk to them about things like reincarnation they often tell me they haven’t really given it much thought. I think that it’s very important to think about things from a different point of view and try to expand our knowledge and understanding and to ingratiate other cultures and mindsets into our own.

So, back on topic. When those bugs eat our dead bodies, we continue to live on in them. The bugs lay the eggs and the eggs grow and reach adulthood and lay eggs and those eggs grow into adulthood and lay eggs and because we fed the first round of bugs we are therefore responsible for every egg that they lay and every subsequent generation to follow. A piece of ya is in each and every single egg that hatched and larvae that comes out and bug it becomes and everything that the bug then goes on to feed and the offspring of each and every single thing to follow. The circle of life.

But where does our life go once it ends, are we just gone forever? what happens to our soul? Is there even a soul at all or is this a made up thing we use to rationalize our conscience and consciousness? What exactly is the soul anyways?

I believe that when we see our life flash before our eyes in that moment of death we are witnessing our entire life being summed up into our acts of good and our acts of bad. We will see the important moments that change our lives from that point on for better or worse. We are to learn from that moment and essentially level up our consciousness. We are to see all the bad choices we made and understand that they are bad and why they were bad.

But what is good and bad? Something that is good and something that is bad is kind of relative to each person and their set of individual morals. Well there are certain things you just don’t do: you don’t kill other people unless you absolutely have to in an extreme circumstance. You don’t take things that don’t belong to you. You don’t set out to hurt other people; you you don’t unless they are hurting you and you must defend yourself, this encompasses things like rape and molestation and physical, mental, psychological abuse, etc. Don’t ignore someone’s cries for help. Don’t infringe on the rights of others. Inversely, do what you can to make life easier for someone else, if you can give money give money, if you can give time give that. Be kind. Be thoughtful. Be generous. Use your talents, whatever they may be, to their fullest. Overall, try in life to do more good that bad

Consciousness is more than just being awake. It’s far more encompassing than that. It’s our understanding of our own existence. I believe that is the key to the next step, to the next life. Understanding the things that you are supposed to do and are not supposed to do, as well as doing the right things. Knowing right from wrong and still doing wrong will result in overall bad karma and overall bad karma will lead to a lesser station in your next life. The overall deeds of your life determining the punishment/reward aspect. If you lead a bad life, your next life will be harder. If you lead a good life, the next one will be better.

But worse and/or better are subjective terms, aren’t they?

They are. Worse could be having less money, less love, less personal gifts like athleticism or intelligence or talents like the ability to draw and play music and sing. Worse could also mean suffering through sicknesses, deaths of loved ones, loss of opportunities you otherwise would have had, things that will make life more challenging for you. Better could mean the opposite, more opportunities, more talents, more love, money, etc. Maximize your gifts to help others and you will reap the rewards.

Is being self aware consciousness? I believe it is. I think that may be what separates us from animals. Do you think a dog knows it is a dog, or a cow knows that it is a cow? I think once it comes to the realization of what it is and is then self aware once death greets it then station in life will graduate to a higher form of life.

If you do ultimately bad things I believe that once your body has decomposed and the worm eats you and goes on to have its worm babies you will live on in that worm. You will live a worm’s life for however long it takes to repay the karmic bad you led in life prior to this life as a worm. You will be born, live and die as a worm, eating dirt, being food for something else, being at the bottom of the totem pole until you have either repaid the karmic debt or have become self aware, if they aren’t the same thing. They very well may be. Once the worm known that a bird is trying to eat it because it is food to the bird instead of seeing it as an inexplicable attack I believe would be the point of knowing that it is a worm and a bird is not its enemy, it is just the natural course of the way things work. So when that bird eats that worm then the worm will live on in that bird, the bird will lay eggs and those eggs will hatch and go on to lay eggs of its own and on and on and on. I believe that the consciousness of the worm is then reborn in a higher station in its next life.

We then go through the next life and the next life and the next life until we are given all the gifts that karmically we deserve. What will you do when you have reached the top of the pyramid? When you have money, talents and abilities, when you have a platform to speak truth and impart knowledge to someone else, when you can positively or negatively affect the lives of millions? Will you let greed for money or power consume you or will you realize that life is a gift for everyone and you could do so much with your money for others, or allow your talents to impact someone else’s life for the better, or use your platform to advocate for positive goals? Or will you let hate consume you and use all those talents and abilities and your platform to reach others in a negative way? Overall our decisions in life are very important. The seemingly small decisions that we make could overall guide the course of our lives and the life that we choose to live will determine the karma we generate through our positive and negative interactions throughout life.

Because we feed the worms and mites and bugs we live on through the nourishment we provide them, give them life and allow the generations to follow them. But our energy just doesn’t cease to be. If there is a soul where does it go? I think that it’s ultimate goal is to be free of the cycle of birth and rebirth. You will continue to be born and reborn until you have reached the point where you understand how it is to be poor, how it is to be at the bottom of the pyramid working hard, scratching and clawing and trying your best to advance your placement in life until you eventually do, learning the interconnectedness of all life, finding that the more good you do in life the better the future will be for you and those around you. If you continue learning and progressing, sort of from a spiritual standpoint, but not from a religious one, you will continue to rise in your station.

Think about it like this. A worm lives in the dirt. That’s what a worm knows. Dirt. They crawl around, eating dirt. That’s their entire world until they crawl out of the dirt into the sunlight. Then they’ll see grass, rocks, other small bugs, that’s going to be their entire world. Then they get snatched up by a bird and get eaten. Their life is over. They’ll never see the Eiffel Tower. They’ll never know that it even exists. They’ll never know that there are gigantic burning balls of fire millions and billions of light years away with planets revolving around them. All they know is all they know. Or at least that’s what we think scientifically based on our observance of them. We have no way of knowing if there is a kind of worm code that dictates you don’t date your worm friend’s ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend. We don’t know if they think philosophically, because we aren’t worms and aren’t inside their brains to know the thoughts they may or may not have. While we may not know what they think or believe or want, we should still treat them as if they have thoughts and beliefs and wants because they are living creatures and they feel and hurt and move and eat and reproduce. They are a pet of the chain of existence. Without them there is no us. Essentially, as insignificant as a worm may seem in the grand scheme of things, they are a part of us because the circle of life connects us to one another.

When we are awake we are conscious. We are aware of our surroundings, we see trees and grass and mailboxes and homes and television programs and social media posts etc. We see the objects in our field of vision. But do we truly understand that many of the things that are within our field of vision are living, breathing, feeling things? We take that for granted quite frequently. We know that a tree breathes the carbon dioxide that humans breathe out and they produce the oxygen that we breathe. They grow. They will feel when they are being cut down, but does feeling mean hurting? Since we are not trees we can’t know if it hurts a tree to be cut down, but we do know that they are living, breathing, growing, feeling objects that provide for us the most important thing we can have in life, oxygen. We take that for granted each and every single day. We are conscious of seeing a tree when we pass one, but so few of us understand the importance on a deeper level that connects us to them and them to us. This is something that we know happens every single moment of every single day but we aren’t necessarily conscious of it each and every single moment.

We have thoughts all day long every day, but do we think about the thoughts that we are having or do they happen more on a subconscious level? Thinking about the thoughts we have is taking a step back and looking at our own consciousness. This is becoming more aware of our biological processes. I think our awareness is the key. We do so much on a fundamental basis like breathe, blink, digest, our hearts beat, but they aren’t things that we can control unless we are more aware of them. We can make ourselves blink quickly or slowly, close our eyes, hold our breath, but processes like digestion and the beating of our hearts we are unable to control. The ability to control these daily bodily functions takes awareness. Control of our consciousness takes awareness as well. We have to take a step back and see the things that we are doing and taking for granted to achieve a balance with nature, nature being the most basic fundamental actions that occur in the universe. We know gravity keeps us on the ground and pulls us back down to earth when we jump in the air and keeps us from floating away into space, but we rarely think about it in our daily lives. Just being more conscious on a routine basis will help us understand that all life is interconnected.

We don’t exist without the bacteria in our gut. We don’t exist without food. Food comes from somewhere though. Meat, from living animals. Plants provide us with fruits and vegetables. When we eat something we rarely think about what came before the burger or the pizza or the cake that we are eating. There are countless processes that take place in order for us to get the nourishment that we need to survive and we also take that for granted. We need to achieve a more karmic balance in order to become more than just a biological entity that goes to work and eats and watches tv but rarely acknowledges our place as a part of the chain of everything. We aren’t the final step in evolution, we are but a link in it. Our cognizance and understanding and ability to create technology and medicine and the many things we create make us a more important link in the chain, yes, but we are no more important than the tree that provides the oxygen for us to breathe because without it we die.

So when we die our energy, which I suppose may be our “soul,” being the part of us that continues to live on and create generations of life for hundreds to thousands to even more different species of bugs, plants, animals, goes on. We are essentially born and reborn and reborn and reborn.

I’m not sure if this will come across quite as clear to you all as it comes across to me. I believe that reincarnation does exist and it has a lot to do with the actions we take and where we end up is a result, or a consequence, of those actions. Sorry this is so long. I had a lot of thoughts to get out on the subject.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:50 pm

That's why I shit on trees. I feed them and therefore they continue to live and produce oxygen and keep people alive which in turn means I am keeping the world alive which in turn means I'm basically a god which in turn means I'm immortal.

I don't believe in reincarnation, you die you die.

Puns

Post by Puns » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Are you open to the possibility of maybe there being something beyond death or are you completely closed off the the subject all together?

-mp-

Post by -mp- » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:33 pm

After you die, you shit yourself and sometimes you get a boner too.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Puns wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm
Are you open to the possibility of maybe there being something beyond death or are you completely closed off the the subject all together?
Do I think my dead relatives are looking down on me and judging? No I don't think there's a heaven or hell.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed May 01, 2019 7:16 am

I'm all for everyone believing what they want as long as it doesn't harm someone. Believing in karma is a lot more healthy than say believing that vaccines cause autism and refusing to get your child immunized and causing legitimate public health crises with a measles outbreak. Or being religious and not believing in homosexuality so extremely that you're willing to allow politicians to take away basic rights from people for no other reason than they are attracted to the same sex.

That being said, I'm an atheist and tend to go with a more scientific and humanistic worldview. Karma seems like it would be such a nice thing but there are countless examples of people who are pillars to their communities who die senselessly in car wrecks or shootings and such. People who get taken advantage of by greedy, pieces of shit who lose everything and struggle all through the rest of their life, despite being willing to give everything they have for others. Life can be cruel to people, sometimes they can be rewarded as well, but there is no system in place that magically rewards you for your good deeds from my viewpoint.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 am

I try to be open to ALL possibilities. Maybe there is life after death, maybe there isnt. Maybe Karma is real, more likely it isnt. But I don't need a belief in either to try to be a good person. Or at the very least, try not to be a massive piece of shit.

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed May 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:16 am
I'm all for everyone believing what they want as long as it doesn't harm someone. Believing in karma is a lot more healthy than say believing that vaccines cause autism and refusing to get your child immunized and causing legitimate public health crises with a measles outbreak. Or being religious and not believing in homosexuality so extremely that you're willing to allow politicians to take away basic rights from people for no other reason than they are attracted to the same sex.

That being said, I'm an atheist and tend to go with a more scientific and humanistic worldview. Karma seems like it would be such a nice thing but there are countless examples of people who are pillars to their communities who die senselessly in car wrecks or shootings and such. People who get taken advantage of by greedy, pieces of shit who lose everything and struggle all through the rest of their life, despite being willing to give everything they have for others. Life can be cruel to people, sometimes they can be rewarded as well, but there is no system in place that magically rewards you for your good deeds from my viewpoint.
I agree with what you said 100%. I don’t believe in a god because I am the type of person who needs concrete evidence to back up a claim. If there is absolutely no proof something exists, then it doesn’t exist. That being said, if someone is able to bring about some solid, irrefutable evidence of there being a god I’m open to it. Does that make me agnostic or an atheist?