Rip Bruno Sammartino. Passed away today at the age of 82

Azmodeous

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:35 pm

That's sad, Bruno was a big deal when I was a kid. RIP

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 am

Going to Summerslam and NXT:Takeover in Brooklyn!!!!

$130 for both shows total, not a bad deal I must say.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 am

Ya know, even with this being within the world of wrestling and all, if this Cena/Nikki stuff is really just being done for Total Bellas publicity it's going to cause me to lose a lot of respect for Cena. Neither are on TV anymore to make this enough of a big deal and Total Bellas is only 6 freaking episodes a year, do they really see that much opportunity here to do this. Just a new low IMO.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed May 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 am
Ya know, even with this being within the world of wrestling and all, if this Cena/Nikki stuff is really just being done for Total Bellas publicity it's going to cause me to lose a lot of respect for Cena. Neither are on TV anymore to make this enough of a big deal and Total Bellas is only 6 freaking episodes a year, do they really see that much opportunity here to do this. Just a new low IMO.
It's totally all a work. No way it isn't. Not after Cena was literally on the today show saying he wants to get back together.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:54 pm
Iamspiderman wrote:
It's totally all a work. No way it isn't. Not after Cena was literally on the today show saying he wants to get back together.
That's what I'm saying man like wtf. Really obnoxious and cheap of them to do this. :roll:

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm
Joe wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:54 pm
Iamspiderman wrote:
That's what I'm saying man like wtf. Really obnoxious and cheap of them to do this. :roll:
I need proof that the wedding stuff was paid for and they lost a ton of money in the process. :lol:

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 pm

you know what helps not getting upset about whether or not the Cena/Nikki breakup is a work or not?

not caring about John Cena or Nikki Bella.
I mean, it works for me at least.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri May 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Anyone heard about or going to be watching that Mauro Ranallo special on Showtime tonight? I'll be recording it and check it out and some point.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:43 am

Just read a report that Brock Lesnar will not be appearing at Summerslam. As someone that is attending, I'm perfectly ok with this. I may hate that he has been champion for as long as he has, the way that he has, but at least with him not there, more deserving talents can get on the card over him eating up 20 minutes of the show with the same old bullshit.

Although I was secretly hoping for Lesnar/Roman again just for Roman to finally win it and we can all move on to the future without Lesnar in it as Champion.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:26 pm

I know they won't do it but I think WWE needs a 3rd major brand. The roster is just too big and so much talent does not get the time of day it is a shame. They are dealing with a log jam of talent because of the machine that is NXT.

AOP are ghosts, sAnITy is just debuting 2 months after being announced as joining SD. Revival, Kanellis, American Alpha, No Way Jose have all just been nothing of any sort of importance or relevance since Mania.

I even forgot who the US champion was as I watched MITB. I could go on and on but we all see it. They scooped up all this great talent over the years, and for what? Just to have them do what they are (or are not) doing!? Just a shame.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:49 pm

The show needs to be quicker and the matches need to be shorter. I'm not suggesting another run of crash style television but both shows are live and really have no reason to be. Squeezing talent onto the show in different sorts of pockets can be done.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Big Cass has been released.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm
Wow. Wonder what happened.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm
Wow. Wonder what happened.
He didn't get the best wishes in future endeavors, he must have fucked up.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 pm

I expect him to be on a WrestlePro or Northeast Wrestling show in the near future.

Puns

Post by Puns » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 pm

Wwe needs to bring back enhancement talent and use them to get guys over instead of having guys face one another ten thousand times for free on tv. Everyone doesn’t need to be on the main roster and everybody doesn’t need to be a star. Some people should be there strictly to get other people over and further storylines.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:48 am

I really don't understand why these UK shows were not live.

As a result, HHH spoiled the tournament winner and the womens title contender from night 1 in his tweet of the night 2 card.

And then, WWE social media and their app ran multiple stories about one of their night 2 matches, spoiling the winner.

Like why spoil your own product, and then air it a week later, STILL at Noon for the US people. I get it, it is a UK show, but they did the India and Japan shows live and at different times in the past. Just really annoyed as I was trying to stay spoiler free for these shows but now any excitement/interest I had in them is gone.

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

Vader passed away today.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:48 am
I really don't understand why these UK shows were not live.

As a result, HHH spoiled the tournament winner and the womens title contender from night 1 in his tweet of the night 2 card.

And then, WWE social media and their app ran multiple stories about one of their night 2 matches, spoiling the winner.

Like why spoil your own product, and then air it a week later, STILL at Noon for the US people. I get it, it is a UK show, but they did the India and Japan shows live and at different times in the past. Just really annoyed as I was trying to stay spoiler free for these shows but now any excitement/interest I had in them is gone.
I don't know anything. WOOOOOOOO :lol: