Raw Thread

-mp-

Re: Raw Thread

Post by -mp- » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:19 pm

That was a very interesting episode of Raw, and rarely would I ever say that.

Lana went black. Paul Heyman is obviously a huge fan of cuckholding, between this and the Kanellis storyline. Flair was a walking car wreck but at least that segment was funny. Dunno if I can say the same about that Saudi Arabia match but whatever.

And Brock beating the holy fuck out of Dominick Mysterio is up there with some of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

-mp-

Post by -mp- » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:22 pm

I kind of like the new commentary team too. Lawler’s comedy is worse than ever but he’s still great at putting over big angles. Vic is great at play by play but still needs work steering the ship. Dio Madden seemed nervous but had a number of lines that cracked me up.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:50 pm

I think for the last month or so Raw has been consistently a good show. Doesn’t even feel like it drags anymore. I’ve enjoyed it more than Smackdown even. That might be the first time I’ve ever said that.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Matches go on for too long.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:29 pm

This just in.....the WWE Universal Champion is a "projected top pick".........on the second day of a draft.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Isn’t Strowman a Smackdown guy now? Why is this contract signing on Raw? Guess we’re relaxing them brand split rules already.

Monday Night Rollins

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Joe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:06 pm
Isn’t Strowman a Smackdown guy now? Why is this contract signing on Raw? Guess we’re relaxing them brand split rules already.
I’m not surprised. They don’t even know how a draft works. It should of been called free agency.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:19 pm

This opening segment is so so bad. Car wreck bad. Lana is competing with Brandi Rhodes for worst acting in wrestling.

-mp-

Post by -mp- » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:50 pm

This has been the best episode of Raw from an in-ring standpoint in a long time. The only bad on the show so far was Ricochet’s attempt at cutting a promo.

Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:45 am

I’d still like a kayfabe reason why Rollins doesn’t get a shot at Brock at the Rumble because the no one is worthy enough excuse falters there. Can’t have him getting cheered though I guess.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:24 pm

When did Raw become Smackdown circa 2007?

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:00 pm

Thinking about doing the Elimination Chamber with Billy so actually watched Raw for the first time in forever and I enjoyed the whole show. Loved that they used the reaction Rated RKO got in the Rumble and played off it for Edge's first program. It's a smart move as it gives him time off after his first match in years and will be an even bigger reaction when he shows back up for revenge and to keep it going. Now if he just shows up next week, then ehhh it'll be a wait and see because of his neck history and what Orton did, that's not a comeback right away thing.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:17 am

Keith6601 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:00 pm
Thinking about doing the Elimination Chamber with Billy so actually watched Raw for the first time in forever and I enjoyed the whole show. Loved that they used the reaction Rated RKO got in the Rumble and played off it for Edge's first program. It's a smart move as it gives him time off after his first match in years and will be an even bigger reaction when he shows back up for revenge and to keep it going. Now if he just shows up next week, then ehhh it'll be a wait and see because of his neck history and what Orton did, that's not a comeback right away thing.
Where is Elimination Chamber??

Raw has honestly been the best wrestling show on TV for weeks now. I’m assuming Heyman’s full influence is finally shining through.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:50 am

Elimination Chamber is in Philly.

Was something about that Becky Lynch interview slanting towards heelish or maybe just unlikeable?

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:57 am

Joe wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:17 am
Keith6601 wrote:

Raw has honestly been the best wrestling show on TV for weeks now. I’m assuming Heyman’s full influence is finally shining through.
I guess I'm in the minority on this when it comes to RAWs quality lately.

You get 1, maybe 2 decent matches a week (when they dont end by DQ). Otherwise it is all squash matches. Rowan squash. Black squash. Viking Raider squash. Drew squash. Charlotte squash.

Storytelling wise it may be piecing together, but in ring wise when it comes to matches, we're being spoon fed garbage.

On the last 8 RAWs we have gotten:

Rowan Squash Match - 8
Drew Squash Match - 5
Aleister Black Squash Match - 5
Viking Raider Squash Match - 2
Ricochet Squash Match - 2
Charlotte Squash Match - 2
Buddy Murphy Squash - 2
Rusev Squash Match - 1
Asuka Squash Match - 1
Kevin Owens Squash Match - 1
Styles Squash Match - 1
Mojo Squash Match - 1

61 matches total in the last 2 months on RAW, 31 of them have been squashes. HALF THE MATCHES!

Stop featuring all this talent in squash matches and give us competitive contests. I don't care when I see Black come out because it just hasn't matter. Same goes for Rowan and the Viking Raiders. Once VR became tag champs, there was no reason for squash matches anymore.

Meanwhile talent sits in the back and is wasted. They just give me no reason to CARE.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:01 am

Street Profits are just the urban Elias when it comes to the script. Get them in the ring in a story!

IIconics have been ghosts.

Cedric? Remember him?

I know he has been dealing with concussion shit but EC3 is a goldmine IMO.

Naomi comes back at Rumble and nothing at all on RAW?

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:23 pm

I think Naomi is on Smackdown. I could be wrong but I thought she stuck with the Usos.

EDIT! She appears on the RAW roster page for whatever thats worth.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:55 pm

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:23 pm
I think Naomi is on Smackdown. I could be wrong but I thought she stuck with the Usos.

EDIT! She appears on the RAW roster page for whatever thats worth.
Yeah thats the only reason I brought her up cause I saw her on the RAW roster page. If she is indeed on SD, I'll save my comments regarding her until after Friday.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:57 am
Joe wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:17 am
Keith6601 wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority on this when it comes to RAWs quality lately.

You get 1, maybe 2 decent matches a week (when they dont end by DQ). Otherwise it is all squash matches. Rowan squash. Black squash. Viking Raider squash. Drew squash. Charlotte squash.

Storytelling wise it may be piecing together, but in ring wise when it comes to matches, we're being spoon fed garbage.

On the last 8 RAWs we have gotten:

Rowan Squash Match - 8
Drew Squash Match - 5
Aleister Black Squash Match - 5
Viking Raider Squash Match - 2
Ricochet Squash Match - 2
Charlotte Squash Match - 2
Buddy Murphy Squash - 2
Rusev Squash Match - 1
Asuka Squash Match - 1
Kevin Owens Squash Match - 1
Styles Squash Match - 1
Mojo Squash Match - 1

61 matches total in the last 2 months on RAW, 31 of them have been squashes. HALF THE MATCHES!

Stop featuring all this talent in squash matches and give us competitive contests. I don't care when I see Black come out because it just hasn't matter. Same goes for Rowan and the Viking Raiders. Once VR became tag champs, there was no reason for squash matches anymore.

Meanwhile talent sits in the back and is wasted. They just give me no reason to CARE.
Honestly I think the squash matches are effective. You have to build guys up so that their losses matter. It’s a lesson AEW could learn.

-mp-

Post by -mp- » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 pm

Another good Raw. First hour was pretty dull but it got better.