WWE Discussion/News

Moderator: Puns

ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun May 17, 2020 11:01 am

It's a shame as Gulak would be great back on the indys and would be great with a run in Japan, but who knows when things will start back up. AEW is starting to reach the point of too many ex WWE guys.

Azmodeous
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Azmodeous » Sun May 17, 2020 2:14 pm

That's the catch 22 right now for guys. Vince is one of only 2 promotions running right now, and I think AEW isn't going to be jumping to sign everyone that's released (and I hope they slow down after the Revolt comes in and just focus on their roster from there on out). This is really a tough time to be in negotiations for the boys.

Keith6601
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Keith6601 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm

I hate that promotions get the label of "too many wwe guys" WWE was the only major company for the longest time and pretty much every big name went through there at one point. So when you get places like TNA or AEW starting up, any big name is an ex-wwe guy.

Apparently Meltzer is saying that Gulak asked for a raise and that's the cause of the breakdown in negotiations.

Iamspiderman
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Iamspiderman » Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm
I hate that promotions get the label of "too many wwe guys" WWE was the only major company for the longest time and pretty much every big name went through there at one point. So when you get places like TNA or AEW starting up, any big name is an ex-wwe guy.

Apparently Meltzer is saying that Gulak asked for a raise and that's the cause of the breakdown in negotiations.
Yeah if the talent is there and used right, who cares? I'm still curious what this second weekly show is/was supposed to be from a few months back they announced.

Joe
Posts: 2170
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Joe » Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am

Iamspiderman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm
Keith6601 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm
I hate that promotions get the label of "too many wwe guys" WWE was the only major company for the longest time and pretty much every big name went through there at one point. So when you get places like TNA or AEW starting up, any big name is an ex-wwe guy.

Apparently Meltzer is saying that Gulak asked for a raise and that's the cause of the breakdown in negotiations.
Yeah if the talent is there and used right, who cares? I'm still curious what this second weekly show is/was supposed to be from a few months back they announced.
I think it’s more that the talents these companies sign are usually former mid card at best WWE talents. Like I don’t think anyone cried too many WWE guys about Jericho or Moxley, but I get it when lower card Zack Ryder shows up and it’s supposed to be s big deal because he lost to everyone on Raw for a decade.

Iamspiderman
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Iamspiderman » Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am
Iamspiderman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm
Keith6601 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm
I hate that promotions get the label of "too many wwe guys" WWE was the only major company for the longest time and pretty much every big name went through there at one point. So when you get places like TNA or AEW starting up, any big name is an ex-wwe guy.

Apparently Meltzer is saying that Gulak asked for a raise and that's the cause of the breakdown in negotiations.
Yeah if the talent is there and used right, who cares? I'm still curious what this second weekly show is/was supposed to be from a few months back they announced.
I think it’s more that the talents these companies sign are usually former mid card at best WWE talents. Like I don’t think anyone cried too many WWE guys about Jericho or Moxley, but I get it when lower card Zack Ryder shows up and it’s supposed to be s big deal because he lost to everyone on Raw for a decade.
That isn't the talents fault thought, it is WWE and how they presented them that ruined their image for many. He hasn't lit the world on fire but look at Spears. You let a guy just go and be him and its a new lease on life.

Do I think Ryder is a Mox level talent? No. Could he have it in him but we havent seen it yet? Absolutely. That is why it comes down to the talent and how they are used.

Joe
Posts: 2170
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Joe » Tue May 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am
Iamspiderman wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm


Yeah if the talent is there and used right, who cares? I'm still curious what this second weekly show is/was supposed to be from a few months back they announced.
I think it’s more that the talents these companies sign are usually former mid card at best WWE talents. Like I don’t think anyone cried too many WWE guys about Jericho or Moxley, but I get it when lower card Zack Ryder shows up and it’s supposed to be s big deal because he lost to everyone on Raw for a decade.
That isn't the talents fault thought, it is WWE and how they presented them that ruined their image for many. He hasn't lit the world on fire but look at Spears. You let a guy just go and be him and its a new lease on life.

Do I think Ryder is a Mox level talent? No. Could he have it in him but we havent seen it yet? Absolutely. That is why it comes down to the talent and how they are used.
Spears has barely done anything in AEW. Heck it took a pandemic to get him on tv every week.

Puns
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Puns » Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 am

They found Shad’s body. So much respect to the man for giving his life to make sure his child was saved.

Jimthy
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Jimthy » Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 am

Tom and I got together again and talked about a variety of issues, but our main focus was an in depth preview of AEW's Double or Nothing pay per view coming up this Saturday! GIve it a watch/listen and of course, we love comments and feedback!


GardenStateSaint
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:42 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by GardenStateSaint » Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 am

I'm split on whats the worst thing in WWE right now. It's either the Viking Raiders and Street Profits stuff or these terrible little bits from Liv Morgan. I'll probably go with Liv Morgan as being the worst only because I believe the Viking Raiders and Street Profits should have a pay off. On the flip side, the two more enjoyable things in WWE has been anything Asuka and anything Charlotte.

Iamspiderman
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Iamspiderman » Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 am
I'm split on whats the worst thing in WWE right now. It's either the Viking Raiders and Street Profits stuff or these terrible little bits from Liv Morgan. I'll probably go with Liv Morgan as being the worst only because I believe the Viking Raiders and Street Profits should have a pay off. On the flip side, the two more enjoyable things in WWE has been anything Asuka and anything Charlotte.
Care to add the Jeff Hardy storyline to the discussion?

Joe
Posts: 2170
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Joe » Sun May 31, 2020 4:46 pm

Iamspiderman wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am
GardenStateSaint wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 am
I'm split on whats the worst thing in WWE right now. It's either the Viking Raiders and Street Profits stuff or these terrible little bits from Liv Morgan. I'll probably go with Liv Morgan as being the worst only because I believe the Viking Raiders and Street Profits should have a pay off. On the flip side, the two more enjoyable things in WWE has been anything Asuka and anything Charlotte.
Care to add the Jeff Hardy storyline to the discussion?
Yeahhhhh...

I’m actually a bit torn on the Hardy angle. I don’t like how real life it is, but I also get how they’re just building drama. Sure it’s meta, but so was Shia LaBeouf writing a movie about his childhood and starring as his dad, and I loved that.

Azmodeous
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:35 am

Joe wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:46 pm
Iamspiderman wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am
GardenStateSaint wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 am
I'm split on whats the worst thing in WWE right now. It's either the Viking Raiders and Street Profits stuff or these terrible little bits from Liv Morgan. I'll probably go with Liv Morgan as being the worst only because I believe the Viking Raiders and Street Profits should have a pay off. On the flip side, the two more enjoyable things in WWE has been anything Asuka and anything Charlotte.
Care to add the Jeff Hardy storyline to the discussion?
Yeahhhhh...

I’m actually a bit torn on the Hardy angle. I don’t like how real life it is, but I also get how they’re just building drama. Sure it’s meta, but so was Shia LaBeouf writing a movie about his childhood and starring as his dad, and I loved that.
That movie was probably cathartic for Shia, I can't imagine this angle doing the same for Hardy.

Azmodeous
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:39 pm

How many more moves is WWE going to ban before they finally admit that Nia Jax needs a lot more training before getting back on tv.

GardenStateSaint
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:42 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by GardenStateSaint » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:57 pm

People forget that she didn't Buckle Bomb Kairi Sane into the corner, it was actually another move she performed poorly.

Iamspiderman
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:23 pm

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:57 pm
People forget that she didn't Buckle Bomb Kairi Sane into the corner, it was actually another move she performed poorly.
Nia is legit one of the worst women on the main roster. Lana and Tamina are strong contenders but Nia may be the worst one.

Monday Night Rollins
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am
Location: Houston

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:37 am

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:57 pm
People forget that she didn't Buckle Bomb Kairi Sane into the corner, it was actually another move she performed poorly.
She had before & hurt Kari. The latest wasn’t that. Plus all the other times she’s injured somebody. She’s the female Mongo.

Keith6601
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:12 pm

But let's not forget that the Year of Becky was because of Nia punching her in the face and taking her out of Survivor Series and pushing everything to Mania.

rohspashley
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:07 pm
Location: Canada

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by rohspashley » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:18 pm

OMG if Andrade Cien Almas wants to make me his biggest fan i know what he needs to do. he needs to get Charlotte Flair pregnant. that way i won't have to see her wrestle for a long time. because hoping for someone to get hurt is childish and classless, but a baby is a blessing.

Azmodeous
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: WWE Discussion/News

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:49 am

It took longer than I thought it would but Vince removed Heyman from the head of creative on Raw. Bruce Pritchard is taking over both shows. Fuuuuucccckkk

Post Reply