Re: Ring of Honor

Post by Joe » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:26 pm

creepshow wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:20 pm
creepshow wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:15 pm
Honestly? I'd probably put it on a Japanese guy. Okada maybe. When's the last time the ROH title was on a Japanese national? Morishima?
Oh interesting. But with Morishima, he was pretty actively involved on the roster. Putting it on a New Japan guy would mean not having the champion at every show, which wrestling fans in the year 2018 seem to get butthurt about.

Personally, I'd put it on recent signee Jeff Cobb. I think you can build the promotion around him just like they did around Samoa Joe back in the day.
That's the thing, though...Morishima wasn't THAT active in the US at the time prior to winning the title. Basically, I want to see ROH make it a "World" title again by defending it in Japan as well.

I didn't know that Cobb had signed (great call, btw) but I'm not sure how I feel about strapping him immediately. Don't get me wrong though, ROH has been struggling to do something different and the roster does feel stale...so Cobb taking the title almost immediately would be huge. I'm very interested to see how all of it plays out.
I feel like with the way WWE signs guys these days, you almost have to strap the rocket onto certain guys right away or risk missing your chance.

Monday Night Rollins

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 am

Joe wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:29 am
So here's my question...

The ROH MSG show will arguably be the biggest show in the company's history.

Let's say they were to have someone win the ROH World Title on this night. Essentially, they'd be strapping the rocket to this man and building the future of the company on him.

Who would you put the ROH World Title at the MSG show given that?
Hangman Page. You have a young champ with upside about to be in his prime & built in story lines if you went with him.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Monday Night Rollins wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 am
Joe wrote:
So here's my question...

Let's say they were to have someone win the ROH World Title on this night. Essentially, they'd be strapping the rocket to this man and building the future of the company on him.

Hangman Page. You have a young champ with upside about to be in his prime & built in story lines if you went with him.
I don't hate this....

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:39 pm
Monday Night Rollins wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 am
Joe wrote:
So here's my question...

I don't hate this....
Same! I thought I’d hate it but imagining it, it’s got potential. Page really has come further than I ever expected.

Monday Night Rollins

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:55 am

He is a superstar in the making.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:10 am

R.I.P. Mike Hogwood.

I know a lot of fans dismissed him, but I always thought he brought some genuine enthusiasm to the HDNet broadcasts and an outsider (and legit sportscaster) perspective.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:27 am

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:10 am
R.I.P. Mike Hogwood.

I know a lot of fans dismissed him, but I always thought he brought some genuine enthusiasm to the HDNet broadcasts and an outsider (and legit sportscaster) perspective.
Damn, Slap the Porpoise!

Yeah, dude was a local fixture for ACC sports around here for decades so to see him calling Ring of Honor did carry some legitimacy with it in my eyes.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:08 am

I just picked up my Final Battle tickets! My streak of Final Battles lives on!!!!!!

Monday Night Rollins

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 am

Watch the Gresham vs Lethal Ironman match. Do it!