Dynamite!

All Elite Wrestling

Moderator: Puns

GardenStateSaint

Re: Dynamite!

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Roxxxas wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:01 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:38 pm You have an unsanctioned match and Anarchy in the Arena so that's two matches with blood all but guaranteed. I assume there will be blood in the main event and maybe even the TNT ladder match. Maybe accidentally in that 21 man battle royal.
Cole and Jericho
Yeah, Cole vs. Jericho is the unsanctioned match.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:38 pm You have an unsanctioned match and Anarchy in the Arena so that's two matches with blood all but guaranteed. I assume there will be blood in the main event and maybe even the TNT ladder match. Maybe accidentally in that 21 man battle royal.
Bring it on! If there was ever a time to use blood it is on PPVs. I don't mind blood one bit in wrestling but I would do it less on TV to make it mean that much more on PPV personally.
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

Iamspiderman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:10 pm
Bring it on! If there was ever a time to use blood it is on PPVs. I don't mind blood one bit in wrestling but I would do it less on TV to make it mean that much more on PPV personally.
100% agreed
GardenStateSaint

Personally I would have held the TNT Ladder match off as the main event for the Dynamite after Double or Nothing with how long the card looks and now them adding a House of Black Trios Championship match.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:59 pm Personally I would have held the TNT Ladder match off as the main event for the Dynamite after Double or Nothing with how long the card looks and now them adding a House of Black Trios Championship match.
Tony has to overgimmick every ppv though it seems
GardenStateSaint

Roxxxas wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:55 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:59 pm Personally I would have held the TNT Ladder match off as the main event for the Dynamite after Double or Nothing with how long the card looks and now them adding a House of Black Trios Championship match.
Tony has to overgimmick every ppv though it seems
I agree but to me this is a great example of not needing a match on the PPV and having a bigger spotlight for it on Dynamite. A PPV quality match on free TV!
GardenStateSaint

Should it have taken that long for Orange Cassidy & Darby Allin to beat The Gates of Agony? One guy was just in a world title match and the other guy has won something like 27 title matches.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like it when wrestlers go through grueling matches and then show no ill effects a couple days later. Darby was selling his shoulder and Matt Jackson was getting his foot or something checked out. The Blackpool guys seemed totally fine.
GardenStateSaint

Can Moxley and Jericho just give up their babyface entrances already?
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:32 pm Can Moxley and Jericho just give up their babyface entrances already?
Nope
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:32 pm Can Moxley and Jericho just give up their babyface entrances already?
Jerichos works from an ego standpoint.

Mox however should go back to his OG theme. I've never liked Wild Thing as a theme anyway.
GardenStateSaint

Jericho still coming out to Judas is a real life ego thing, not wrestling persona related. Moxley coming out to Wild Thing walking through the crowd pumps the crowd up to cheer for the guys working the faces.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

So about that Collision main event…
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Roxxxas wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:49 pm So about that Collision main event…
As a match on its own I love it.

But as to why Joe would be teaming with Bullet Club here? Really makes no sense. They’ll prob make it work with some sort of explanation along the way but at the moment it is off.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Man, the Ass Boys are Tony Khan's fetch. He keeps trying to make them happen no matter how much the audience just couldn't care about them. Maybe Bullet Club Gold will work this time.
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

This Bullet Club vs Bullet Club Gold "who can add the weaker member? contest is going to be awesome!!!!
GardenStateSaint

Azmodeous wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:26 am Man, the Ass Boys are Tony Khan's fetch. He keeps trying to make them happen no matter how much the audience just couldn't care about them. Maybe Bullet Club Gold will work this time.
I think a good portion of the crowd is still with them but TK has no idea on how to transition talents from feud to feud.
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

It’s almost as if being filthy rich and really liking something doesn’t qualify someone to go do it. Tony needs to face facts, he needs legitimate professionals who know what they are doing to help him. But from the sound of it, nobody there takes advice.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Great show this week, that is all.
GardenStateSaint

So this week Moxley, Hangman & Jericho all bled.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:05 am So this week Moxley, Hangman & Jericho all bled.
I don’t feel like Mox was planned. Page def was and I’d guess Jericho was too w the match stip.