Video Games

Moderator: Puns

Iamspiderman

Re: Video Games

Post by Iamspiderman »

Has anyone ever played any of the Yakuza games? Theres 7 of them and theyre all on game pass. Been sitting on my play later list for awhile. Wonder if it was worth looking into?
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

I have rediscovered the Angry Video Game Nerd videos…probably not the best to binge because of the humor but I have been brought to tears of laughter a few times.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Iamspiderman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:14 pm Has anyone ever played any of the Yakuza games? Theres 7 of them and theyre all on game pass. Been sitting on my play later list for awhile. Wonder if it was worth looking into?
Bumping this to see if anyone has played them? I’m trying to clean up the back log and I feel like I should cut this series out. Its like 200 hours of gameplay amongst all of them and thats ALOT of time to commit to a whole series.

For context my current backlog is already like 70 games deep lol

Yes I am talking myself out of it here in real time. But hey if ya played and loved em, sell me on it!
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Progress report:

I cleaned up my list and got it down to 54!

29 on XBOX
16 on PS
9 on Switch

Time to get at that XBOX list in particular!
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

Iamspiderman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:14 pm Has anyone ever played any of the Yakuza games? Theres 7 of them and theyre all on game pass. Been sitting on my play later list for awhile. Wonder if it was worth looking into?
I started both 0 and Like a Dragon and didn't get more than a few hours into either, but your mileage may vary, so maybe try one and see if it grabs you?
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

So the big rumor is that Microsoft might be about to go the Sega route and abandon consoles to become a game developer.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

Azmodeous wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:48 pm So the big rumor is that Microsoft might be about to go the Sega route and abandon consoles to become a game developer.
Not this generation but maybe the next. The plan I believe is to put some Microsoft exclusives out for Switch and PS5, possibly more with a year or so window of exclusivity for XBox.