Random Music Comments and Discussion

Moderator: Puns

-mp-

Re: Random Music Comments and Discussion

Post by -mp- »

Puns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:29 pm Phil Collins, is he good?
No!
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

Early Phil solo is tremendous
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

-mp- wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:14 pm
Puns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:29 pm Phil Collins, is he good?
No!
Shit, last time you turned me on to some music was Jason Isbell and I freaking love him. I’ve got two of his solo albums and several of his band. I’m a big fan. What don’t ya like about Phil Collins? Years ago when I was young(er) and dumb(er) I thought he only made cheesy 80s poppy synth music. In my teens and twenties I wasn’t big on that particular style of music but my tastes have changed a lot.
Puns

Post by Puns »

She’s an easy lover
She’ll get a hold on you believe it
Puns

Post by Puns »

Okay, I love Phil Collins. I’ve been listening to everything from the 80s, Genesis and his solo stuff and his guest spots. Dude is incredible and I’m thankful I finally found out. Does he still tour? I know he’s old. I’d love to see him.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Damn! I just saw a short on YouTube that said he dislocated a vertebrae in his neck playing the drums in 2018, has type 2 diabetes and is retired now due to health concerns. Shame I got into him two years too late to be able to see him perform. Same happened with David Bowie. Got into him big time in mid-2015 and he died at the beginning of 2016. I’d have definitely seen him live if I’d known earlier how great he was. I’ve seen most bands I’ve ever wanted to see, but unfortunately missed a few big ones because of getting into them either after they’d broken up or members had died. I’d love to have gotten a chance to see The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie and Phil Collins.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I remember watching what was said to be the final Genesis show, he had to be helped on stage and he sat in a chair the whole performance. It was sad to watch but he did still sound great though. I was glad they brought out Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett for a few of their more progressive 70s songs too.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

Puns wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:52 pm Damn! I just saw a short on YouTube that said he dislocated a vertebrae in his neck playing the drums in 2018, has type 2 diabetes and is retired now due to health concerns. Shame I got into him two years too late to be able to see him perform. Same happened with David Bowie. Got into him big time in mid-2015 and he died at the beginning of 2016. I’d have definitely seen him live if I’d known earlier how great he was. I’ve seen most bands I’ve ever wanted to see, but unfortunately missed a few big ones because of getting into them either after they’d broken up or members had died. I’d love to have gotten a chance to see The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie and Phil Collins.
Quit discovering older musicians and killing them lol
Puns

Post by Puns »

Hahahahaha damn is that what’s doing it??? Did I kill Levon Helm from The Band? He died like 4-6 months after I saw him. Shit, Ultimate Warrior died the day after I saw him. Damn, Neil Peart died shortly after I saw Rush live, too. What in the shit, I think I’m murdering musicians and maybe at least one wrestler!
-mp-

Post by -mp- »

You should go see Eric Clapton 😈
Puns

Post by Puns »

I’ll go see him and Roger Waters asap.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Anybody here into classical music? I’ve been listening to Modest Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition performed by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra and it’s just lovely.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Beyonce put out a country album.