Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Stuff

Moderator: Puns

Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Puns »

Could you go a full day without spending a single cent? How about a full week? Do you think that there is any chance that we could somehow spark a weeklong national boycott of purchasing in its entirety? Have we been so divided at this point that getting people to boycott spending money to all the corporations influencing our elections and our country’s direction who own everything is virtually impossible?
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

Puns wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:36 am Could you go a full day without spending a single cent? How about a full week? Do you think that there is any chance that we could somehow spark a weeklong national boycott of purchasing in its entirety? Have we been so divided at this point that getting people to boycott spending money to all the corporations influencing our elections and our country’s direction who own everything is virtually impossible?
yes. we are too divided to agree to anything at this point. no, the vast majority will not participate in any sort of national boycott
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

A weeklong economic strike by a majority of Americans would crush the sociopathic corporate oligarchy that truly run this country. Sadly it'll never happen as not only do we have liberals and conservatives fighting against each other, but now we have splinter factions of those fighting amongst those they have more in common with than not over ideological purity at this point. A lot of that exasperated by social media.

P.S. to be fair, I get the frustration with liberals from the leftists, some of them are looking more like Q-anon adjacent maga these days than the tolerant, peace lovers they claimed to be.
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

I had a friend bring up this topic last year. I thought it was really interesting and started doing it but for every day that I don't spend any money, I put $10 into a savings account that becomes my play money at the end of the year for the holidays and such. So far this year, I just hit $700 in it so that's 70 days which is just over half the year that I've gone without spending anything.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Good on ya, Keith! I think I’ll adopt that $10 strategy, that’s pretty cool. So far I haven't been able to not spend any money. I might have a problem bigger than I initially thought.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I've been putting $100 into savings every paycheck myself. I can't stop spending entirely, but I can cull it some, plus I feel like having an in case of emergency, break glass fund will be helpful over the next year or so.
Puns

Post by Puns »

I went to my local indy wrestling show the other night. Took my son and daughter, daughter’s friend, my mom and niece. Lily has been to shows when she was really young, even saw me wrestle, but this was everyone else’s first time at a show. I couldn’t believe my eyes when both of my kids, completely without prompting, began getting completely into it. They cheered for the faces, booed the heels, yelled when bad guys cheated, high fived the good guys, etc. They all had a great time and said they wanted to go to another show. Then all the kids ran up to all the wrestlers and bought gimmicks and got autographs and told them all how awesome they were. There were some guys on the show who I’d wrestled back in the day. They told my kids I used to be a good wrestler and I should un-retire. One guy told my kids I was a technical wizard, that made me happy.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

That is so awesome, Puns!
Puns

Post by Puns »

I got temporarily banned for a week on Reddit for suggesting we storm and decapitate every billionaire via guillotine and redistribute their hoarded wealth to people in need. Can’t even say how you feel.

I was “advocating violence on a particular community.” Will someone please think of the billionaires???

What do you guys think about the ability to express oneself online? Is advocating for the death of necessary resource hoarders who can only reach that level of wealth by taking advantage of countless people. A billion dollars is a fucking TON of money. If you save $5000 every single day of your life without ever taking a break from putting money away for 500 years you won’t have a billion dollars. Why are we as a worldwide community cowtowing to these assholes? We let some 500-1000 people tell everyone on the planet what they’re able to do in their lives?

I’m awfully open with my disdain of the political situation in America. I’m pretty open with my hatred of capitalism and all the avarice and corruption that comes along with it. The good book said the move of money is the root of all evil and capitalism has ingrained in us all that they more money you have the better you are, therefore reinforcing the idea that the love of money is the most importantly thing in the country. It puts making money above things like consideration for our fellow humans well being and maximizes the ability to take advantage of the illusion of freedom to choose to do whatever one wants with their lives.

Can you imagine if we had all the time that we spend at work doing things that we likely do not love that we only do to have food, a home, clothing, etc and spent that time on whatever we love? If we were free to pursue our love of creating whatever type of artwork we might want, our love of knowledge, to design or create or whatever one’s heart truly desires to do, I honestly believe that we would live in a free nation.

Weird tangent to go off on. I read some freaking insane ritual abuse conspiracy shit last night so I’m extra pissed off at the system right now. Lol.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I totally get the frustrations with the ultra rich in this world. I also feel like there's going to be a massive reboot against them sooner rather than later, but publicly advocating for their deaths in a public forum probably isn't the best way of going about that.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Can we advocate for guillotining billionaires here, or is it a ban worthy offense?
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Puns wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:42 pm Can we advocate for guillotining billionaires here, or is it a ban worthy offense?
I think it's fairly obviously you and I align very closely on political ideology, and we have the added benefit of being on this board for well over a decade now so I have no qualms with you voicing yourself this way here. On Reddit, that can be a bit more tricky though.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Haha well I am hereby calling for us to round up enough money for the lumber, bolts, nuts, steel for a blade, then start compiling names and addresses, disseminating this information far and wide and coordinate a systemic attack strategized to coincide across time zones throughout the western world! Let the heads roll and the money be redistributed!
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Putting on a Con is nuts. We were contacted by the Nasty Boys representative for the show but their asking fee is way too high for us as a first time con.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Forgive the length of this but here goes: Last week Sherry, Jacen, and I went on vacation with my family for the first time together since 2019 (I went in 21 by myself to PA with the family). It was one of the most stressful and dramatic weeks I've had. Basically my family was getting highly upset with Sherry as she was just sitting around or would lock herself in the bedroom for multiple naps and letting me do the lions share of work and keeping up with Jacen. I've long been frustrated with the amount of work that I've had to take on and feel like I've been taken advantage of somewhat to make Sherry's life easier instead of being a true co-parent situation. There's countless days where I get off work to the message 'your son has destroyed the house, have fun cleaning it up' or 'don't be mad when you see the house' so an 8-10 hour shift will turn into coming home and cleaning for hours up until bedtime because I refuse to live in filth after a past living experience. That's another thing that frustrates me, the constant cluttering, no matter how hard I clean or donate stuff to try our tables and desks and counters get filled with stuff and get unusable quickly. Almost weekly there's multiple Amazon, Temu, or Shein boxes getting delivered full of stickers and other nik-knacks that get buried in piles and serve no purpose but to just junk stuff up. Back on track though, my family is basically encouraging me to either confront her to help out more or just leave as they feel it's very similar situation to what led to my brothers divorce years ago. I don't know, I love Sherry but I am frustrated and I loathe confrontation, especially since any time I try to bring up my frustrations it usually ends poorly.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Azzy, as a divorced guy, don’t let it build up and build up. Say something before it’s too late. If you love her you’ve gotta say it for not only yourself and your love for Sherry, but most importantly for Jacen. The thing I most regret about my divorce is how it’s negatively affected my oldest. Lily has had issues stemming from the divorce. She hates anyone Emily likes strictly because they aren’t me. She will argue and fight and yell, things she never did before the divorce. She’s blamed herself. She’s blamed her mom. She’s blamed me. She has been through the wringer emotionally because she got to have the two of us together for years and knew how much better things were as a whole in her life then. My son was so young it hasn’t really messed with him, because our being separate has been most of his existence. I know it sucks and confrontation is real hard sometimes, trust me, I know. Emily and I had probably 3-5 arguments our whole decade together. We should have got it all out in the open, but communicating those things was always our problem. You can do it, I believe in you. I know it’s hard, but if you wanna fix it I think you still can if you try hard and face the really hard sucky parts as strongly and lovingly as opssible.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I weighed myself while I was on vacation and I am now the heaviest I've been in over 20 years. I saw pictures of myself and got a little disgusted with myself for letting go so far. Since we came back we have made a concerted effort to eat better and I'm really pushing harder with exercise for the last week. I can tell a major difference in just how I feel physically but I still have a long way to go.