Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Stuff
Joe

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Joe » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Every time I've moved, it has made me want more and more to be like a Buddhist and own nothing. Next time I move, I just want to up and go, just me. And my cat. That's it.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 am

I threw out probably 25% of my belongings before this move and there's still so much stuff to go through. We already have made up 4 boxes of donations unpacking right now as well and have been throwing out stuff left and right. Our third bedroom is piled up with boxes that we need to go through still, though that just needs a bit of general organization and it won't be as bad as it looks at the moment. The good news is that as of 8 pm last night I finally have everything out of the duplex and moved to the new house. Unfortunately, I go back to work today for an 11-hour shift and my next day off is over a week away so unpacking is going to slow way down for a bit. To her credit, Sherry has been a trooper at getting things unpacked, she has the kitchen fully unpacked and has been motivating me when I just want to pass out to keep going.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Azzy has moved into The Twilight Zone!!!!

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:23 pm

After spending 4 days last week moving thanks to the overwhelming amount of clutter in our old place that last thing I wanted to come home to tonight after work was 2 garbage bags full of stuff from a flea market...

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 pm

So Laura has decided she wants to buy a new house.

She yells at me because I want a new grill.................

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:46 am

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 pm

As long as she’s not buying a new house just for herself.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Joe wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:46 am
Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 pm

As long as she’s not buying a new house just for herself.

Honestly part of me was like "bye" :lol:

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:31 am

Yesterday was rougher than normal day for me. I struggle to hold things together some days as I feel like my mind is at war with itself and my focus can become scattered very easily if I get too much on my plate. Working weekends only exasperates this problem as the level of expectations thrown on us is higher than the weekdays and we are short staffed on weekend.

All this weekend it's been busier than usual as meteorologists are universally calling for a category 4-5 hurricane to hit us later this week and people are freaking out and piling in at a rate that the other technician and I just couldn't handle and produce scripts and do all of the side work that is expected of us (one of which is to do over 300 telemarketing style calls begging to fill more scripts). Saturday we did the best we could and barely scraped by thanks to a big assist from the pharmacist we had helping us when she saw that things were not calming down for us to get any work done.

Yesterday we had a different floating pharmacist who is notorious for leaving pharmacies a wreck and barely lifting a finger to help no matter how bad things get. Yesterday was no exception to that reputation, we were drowning in scripts and customers were coming in droves from the moment we opened until we finally had to push people away nearly 45 minutes after closing. There were less than 30 minutes throughout the entire day where we were able to count so scripts were falling further and further behind which only served to keep us at registers even longer as customers had to come in multiple times to get their scripts. Of course through this all day the pharmacist would just stand in one spot for hours choosing to constantly change times that scripts were due when he saw we couldn't make it away from registers. The whole day was just sensory overload and had me at points nearly raging. I finally left with it a hot mess early an hour later as my brain was fried by that point.

Of course, as I was heading home I'm stopped waiting for traffic to clear to make a right turn while the light was red when this vehicle full of douchebag dudebros pulls up to my left and proceeds to sling around me making a right turn and nearly took my front end off in the process. I honk the horn and throw my hands up as they do this which made one of them give me the middle finger, so of course, I respond in kind. This must have triggered them because they decided to follow me the whole way home speeding up and slowing down, taunting me and constantly cutting me off. I was just done by that point, raging, screaming, and just shaking I was so upset. I've not lost my cool that badly in a long time but douchewagon brought out the worst in me after an already bad day.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Gotta love when a hurricane is threatening to hit here. It's like Black Friday with a slightly greater chance of imminent death.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Black Friday for us is one of the slower days of the year, but yeah it feels like the week before Christmas here with everywhere being crowded. I was given grocery shopping duty today since I was off and after having anxiety issues for most of the day yesterday being in a crowded store wasn't exactly my idea of fun. Thankfully there wasn't a douchebag following me home today though.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 pm

I really hope this storm is as harmless as possible and that people are as prepared as possible but I don't know if I can mentally handle the non-stop insanity for another 2 days at work.

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am

I know it's probably a spam account, but I so want o2ohbryan3 to be a real boy and a Daniel Bryan mega fan.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am

And here comes the winds, we still have power and internet for the moment here. There's been some flooding around us but we are still fine right now. Thankfully when we moved a few weeks ago we moved to one of the highest levels of elevation in town. I'm glad we moved though, as the roof in the old place had a leak that the owners refused to have fixed despite multiple complaints and was leaking into the kitchen whenever it rained and the ceiling was starting peel and flake off. I guess there's a reason why the bank was repossessing the house from the owners... How's it going down where you are Greg?

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 am

Please be safe to anyone close to the storm! Keep us posted!

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm

It's stayed relatively the same here, a few heavy gusts of wind and rain, and we lost power for about 15 minutes just before noon, but I think the storm turned just south enough to keep us in the clear throughout. There have been two tornadoes spotted in the last hour though and lower elevation areas are still prone to flooding with all of this rain. Two of my brothers live in New Bern though and that area has taken a pounding since yesterday, pictures throughout are showing the town underwater. I really hope they don't lose their homes.

Like a dumbass, I went to Walmart just a few minutes ago. We needed a few essentials for Jacen and we were going to try and build a bookcase for his bedroom so we could get his room together this weekend and get more unpacked. They had most of the store blocked off and were only letting people into the grocery section. I managed to convince some employees to let me grab some shampoo and toothpaste and wipes/diapers, but there was some dumb redneck cussing an employee out because he wouldn't open up the store for him to look around.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 am

Mobile data just came back!

Power's been out since 4am Friday. there are two big damages to the roof, one where my TV is, water is pouring out of the ceiling fan. I've been trying to dump a bucket every 30 minutes or so.

think we're still under curfew until 7am Sunday? Rain bands with rotation are still popping up.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:14 am

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 am

Power's been out since 4am Friday. there are two big damages to the roof, one where my TV is, water is pouring out of the ceiling fan. I've been trying to dump a bucket every 30 minutes or so.

think we're still under curfew until 7am Sunday? Rain bands with rotation are still popping up.
Damn man, glad you’re okay!

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:32 am

I might be heading down that way to help my brothers soon once they head back down from my parent's place. Let me know if you need anything.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:11 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:32 am

I might be heading down that way to help my brothers soon once they head back down from my parent's place. Let me know if you need anything.
as of right now I'm off until Tuesday. Not sure if the roads b/t here and New Bern will be passable though. it's bad right now.

Adam!

Post by Adam! » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:59 pm

My Browns finally won i'm so happy :D :D :D :D