Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Stuff
Matty

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Matty » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Sorry to hear about all of your hardships guys.

I need to get 1. Open Browser 2. Type "L" back into my life rotation and get on here on the regular.

Life has changed quite a bit. Manitoba Powerlifting Association President and strength coach to 8-10 athletes at a time has kind of turned into a second life and those people are becoming my main social circle. Still have a good Brandon second life and third life in my work town of Selkirk. Plus, the Gimli lake life as well. I'm a fucking nomad between four spots and it's awesome.

Being a non-profit president of a tight, passionate, ever-expanding community has been a life changer the last, uh, 10 months.

We are hosting Nationals 2020 in Winnipeg. It is going to be massive and will take over my life next year. Yay.

2 years ago today I moved out of my apartment into with my dad to start saving money. I want 20% on a nice house and I'm there, roughly. The hustle pays off. I got 12 hour shifts at work finally. When I go in for overtime, it's double time. It's a good work life. Becoming a leader there is good too.

Starting to date with settle down intent.

Overcame a bulimia eating disorder that got last year/early this year. That was a whole thing. Haven't done anything silly since March.

I love lamp

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 am

I did my biggest Comic Con so far with the Raleigh Super Con yesterday, and kind of weird...not a comic con it was more like a giant nerd flea market with celebrities. Don't get me wrong, it was fun...just very strange.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:46 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 am
I did my biggest Comic Con so far with the Raleigh Super Con yesterday, and kind of weird...not a comic con it was more like a giant nerd flea market with celebrities. Don't get me wrong, it was fun...just very strange.
And you got to see Mike Kingston!

Puns

Post by Puns » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Getting a divorce fucking sucks.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Puns wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:29 pm
Wait what???

I mean, yes, but what’s going on??

Puns

Post by Puns » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Joe wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 pm
Puns wrote:
Wait what???

Emily cheated on me and then told me she didn’t wanna be with me, hadn’t been happy in forever and never even really wanted to get married.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:58 am

Puns wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:57 pm
Joe wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 pm
Puns wrote:
Wait what???

Emily cheated on me and then told me she didn’t wanna be with me, hadn’t been happy in forever and never even really wanted to get married.
Dude I’m so sorry. When was this? You still have my phone number?

Puns

Post by Puns » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:27 am

It was 11 days before our 7 year anniversary, June 11. And I don’t have your number! I’ve gotten several new phones and didn’t have my stuff saved to the cloud like a dummy.

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:02 am

McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov is set for October 6th!

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Random thought of the day: Funko Pop's are the modern day beanie babies.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am

Damn, RIP Jim 'the Anvil' Neidhart... :(

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am
Damn, RIP Jim 'the Anvil' Neidhart... :(
Every member except for Bret from the 1997 Hart Foundation stable is gone now.

Amazing_Jos

Post by Amazing_Jos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 pm

That moment when Human Tornado joins your fantasy football league!

I got one more spot open, if anyone wants to join!

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.co ... a8c7b23620

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:12 pm

So I found out today that I got a $3/hour raise over the last month. This helps tremendously with it looking like we will be moving very soon.

creepshow
Site Admin

Post by creepshow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Well..here's some stuff...

Let me start by saying, Puns, I'm super sad to hear of your situation...good luck on your unexpected new start. :\

Thing 1 -
So...I'm being "laid off" on Friday. I start the new, old, job on Monday. As a result I'm getting severance, a vacation payout, and a hiring bonus...all amounting maybe 6 to 7 thousand bucks.

...and I'll start at the new, new, old job sometime between next week and December (allegedly). The contract where I'm at is ending, and new vendors want to retain old employees...but because those new contracts aren't yet signed, another company is taking over the people and it's been a mess.

Thing 2 -
I found out a week or two ago that an old friend of mine, who was conveniently out of town, had his house raided for being a meth lab. Since he was out of town, apparently his family took issue with some squatters and police were called...and he has eluded any sort of criminal charges thus far. Thus far, because I know for a fact he was manufacturing drugs out of that place as recently as last year. I sent an anonymous tip stating such to a local "Crime Solvers"...and I lost the information, so I don't know if I've been contacted further...but he helped my friend find, and potentially sold him, heroin. So...fuck him.

Thing 3 -
This year has been hard and weird. I'll get into this in further detail eventually...maybe...but I recently realized I have some sort of weird problem where I'm never satisfied and I'm always wanting something more. Not to say that I'm unhappy in my life, but I get caught in these weird nostalgic moments...and have found feelings (not that I'm acting on them or anything) for females from my past.

This is really tough, because I know the healthy thing would be to disconnect from these types of people...but I can't let it happen. An old friend of mine and I caught back up late last year, near the holidays, and we got very close again very quickly. A lot of that "new friendship smell" has worn off, but we're still (I'd like to think) good friends...though she recently started new job and has since stopped messaging me as much.

Add to this, I recently tracked down an old friend from LiveJournal. She lives in Minnesota and is, well, in all senses unattainable. This is a girl I was very, VERY, into before I met my wife...some 18 years ago, but it was always long distance. She was in Michigan, then California...and had boyfriends in between...but I felt like she was, like, the perfect girl. I never stopped thinking about her. Anyhow, I sent her an out of the blue email and it took her 10 days to respond, and then she responded immediately once I told her who I was (I was vague initially, as I wasn't 100% sure it was the right person). She then sent me a few paragraphs about what she was up to, and I responded in kind. That was Friday.

...it's crazy because, again, I'm totally happy at home...and I'm not looking for anything extramarital, but for some reason I'm consistently waiting for these two people to message me. I don't know what that says about me...but it's frustrating.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:59 pm

When it comes to thing 3, I don’t think that anything is wrong with you except for being human.

I really wish I had gone into psychology. I find it fascinating.

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:12 pm

I may be going to jail. I’m in the hospital getting stitches and a tetanus shot now and have to go to the police department and talk to the magistrate afterwards. I completely lost my shit, went completely nuts. Did some shit I never thought in a million years I could do. Fuck, guys. My life is a god damn wreck.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Dude, I seriously hope you don't end up in jail. I know you're going through a lot personally right now and the stress from that can cause you to act irrationally. Maybe explain that to the magistrate when you speak to them.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Damn Puns hope things work out.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:20 am

What happened man? If you want to talk about it.

We all have your back here dude.