Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Stuff

Moderator: Puns

Azmodeous

Re: Random thoughts from deep in the mind

Post by Azmodeous »

Puns wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:53 pm If christofascists take over the government and Puns's favorite uncle ends up winning in 2024….are we going to become 1935 Germany? America feels a whole lot like the end of the Weimar Republic right now. It feels like Christians have slowly become more and more fascist and less tolerant to anyone who isn’t like them. My mom literally said “Christian’s in America are under attack” last night. Under attack, from WHO? It feels like that is some fucking gibberish. Since America started Christians have been murdering everyone and claiming their land for themselves. Before they came to America Christian’s were kicking Jews out of every country, trying to proselytize, murder and/or forcibly convert every Jew, Muslim, atheist, agnostic, catholic, Buddhist, Zoroastrian, Jainist, Mayan, Inca, Native American and any/everyone who didn’t adhere to their religion of tolerance and acceptance.

They’re Christians because being Jews is too hard for them and there are too many rules to follow. So they pick and choose and lie to themselves about the cognitive dissonance that they are good people. They’ve literally attacked everyone who isn’t Christian and lie to themselves about what being under attack truly is. Nobody is trying to force them to not be Christians, we just want them to fuck off with trying to convert everyone. You know who doesn’t proselytize? Jews. Neither do Muslims. It’s odd to me that Christian’s wanna force everyone to believe like them and that they are unable to see it. Too deep in the forest to see the trees, I suppose.
I think it's inevitable at this point that you know who comes back to power. The democratic party has a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and they're doing everything in their power to alienate key voting blocks of the country in a way even i didn't think they'd go so far as to do. The inflation, lack of purchasing power, litany of broken promises, foreign policy that doesn't align morally with younger voters, and now threatening and belittling of large swaths of you base are turning young voters away from even voting or at the very least going third party.

You know who isn't going to sit out this election? Conservatives!
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

Conservatives and republicans ALWAYS vote. Democrats and progressives get disenfranchised when their party doesn’t align with their moral compass and refuse to vote for the establishment candidate. Republicans just don’t want democrats to win so they will always go out and vote to stick it to them for supporting abortion. I think the conservative racism and democrats supporting abortion are the two biggest things separating the parties.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

Also the mostly broken promise of student debt forgiveness hasn’t helped with young voters too much either. But then again it’s hard to discount how much people don’t want Puns's favorite uncle to return.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

A lot of the younger generations are more COVID conscious and felt abandoned while friends and and family died or became permanently disabled so Biden could open the country back up for the sake of the economy. Then there's the utter clown show, kids gloves handling of you know who and the major power players for Jan 6. No one is seeing any real repercussions for inciting an attempt to overthrow the government. Also, Biden had 2 years of a small majority in all 3 branches and instead of whipping his party up into codifying Roe V Wade, he made excuses and hid behind outdated procedures and let the Supreme court throw that ruling into chaos. Add that with going back on his student loan promise, while the price of everything goes up to the point where hardly anyone can afford anything but basic necessities (and that's a struggle to maintain) and a very unpopular foreign policy unfolding in real time and I can't really say I blame younger voters for not wanting to stick with this guy.
Puns

Post by Puns »

What makes something “important?”
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

Puns wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:16 pm What makes something “important?”
The individual person's thoughts on whatever it is. Like your kids are important to you but don't mean diddly squat to me and vice versa with mine to you.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Keith6601 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:11 pm
The individual person's thoughts on whatever it is. Like your kids are important to you but don't mean diddly squat to me and vice versa with mine to you.
Hahahahahaha I love that explanation.

Okay, so what makes a world event/political happening important for those who don’t necessarily follow world news/politics?
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Puns wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:54 pm

Okay, so what makes a world event/political happening important for those who don’t necessarily follow world news/politics?
Has to affect them in some way. Or if its like a disaster that involves sympathy and empathy for others.

Like me personally, I don’t really care for or follow a large majority of politics or world events. Got enough shit in my own life to even care or dedicate that amount of my time or energy to it.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Iamspiderman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:24 pm
Puns wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:54 pm

Has to affect them in some way. Or if its like a disaster that involves sympathy and empathy for others.

Like me personally, I don’t really care for or follow a large majority of politics or world events. Got enough shit in my own life to even care or dedicate that amount of my time or energy to it.
For me politics are so ingrained in every aspect of life that I can't unsee it. It doesn't help that I know Jacen is going to have a hard road ahead of him in life as is, I can't help but worry about the state of the world getting worse and how much bigger of a struggle it will be for him if things continue down the road I see things going.
Puns

Post by Puns »

All the stuff going on in Israel…are they not openly committing genocide on the Palestinians right now? What’s the goal here? For no people to live in the entire country who are not Jewish?
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Puns wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:04 pm All the stuff going on in Israel…are they not openly committing genocide on the Palestinians right now? What’s the goal here? For no people to live in the entire country who are not Jewish?
I don't know how it could be seen as anything but that. Of course there's some heavy propaganda going around trying to downplay or just outright deny any wrong doing by Bibi and co.
Puns

Post by Puns »

Has anyone spoken with Devilsoprano, Nikk, Adam, JonS or The Oracle? I miss them. Gasp. Yes, even DS!
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Puns wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:53 pm Has anyone spoken with Devilsoprano, Nikk, Adam, JonS or The Oracle? I miss them. Gasp. Yes, even DS!
Nikk was doing NFL Picks ems for a few weeks and then stopped so i dunno bout them. JonS ive spoken with a few times on facebook.

Never got along with DevilSoprano despite being mutuals on fbook, i keep to myself when it comes to him
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!
Puns

Post by Puns »

Ho ho ho! Hope ya’ll are enjoying yourselves!
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I hope everybody had a great year and for a better year ahead!
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I know it's partly the post Christmas scramble of going directly back to work and trying to get the house straightened and finding room for everything we got but it feels like the walls are closing in on us with all of the clutter in the house. I'm so tempted to just toss out 75 percent of the stuff in this house at this point.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Happy New Year to all and as always happy (belated) birthday to Jimmy Hart!
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I got kicked out of the one place I actually kind of enjoyed going to in this town today.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Azmodeous wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:51 pm I got kicked out of the one place I actually kind of enjoyed going to in this town today.
As most of you are probably aware, I'm still very COVID conscious when out in public. I mask, try to keep my distance from people, wash thoroughly, etc. I went into my local used store Trade It today to look around and was just minding my business when an employee comes up and asks if I'm finding everything alright. Now, I work retail and know what that's code for, I've been followed around stores for decades because I look unconventional (long hair, mostly black clothes), so I think nothing of it and say I'm fine, just browsing. The guy then proceeds to tell me that if I am to continue shopping there that I will have to remove my mask. After a few seconds of shocked disbelief I ask them is there a reason why and they said they had too many problems with theft and that it's their policy that no one can wear masks in their store. I just said I guess I'm leaving then and that it's not a good policy with COVID cases on the rise in our area (I have filled more Paxlovid prescriptions in the last 4 days than I have in the last 6 months).
It just stinks cause a lot of the people there know I'm not a thief and know that I've spent a good bit of money on audio equipment over the past few years. I just don't think I can go back in there if I'm treated like that for trying to take care of myself and the people around me.