Last movie or TV show you watched

Roxxxas

Re: Last movie or TV show you watched

Post by Roxxxas » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:23 am

Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost

Saw this was on Prime and after watching it I know why. After the first act it just went meh and as a big fan of Scooby-Doo it’s real hard for me to not be entertained so that says something.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:49 am

Roxxxas wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:23 am
Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost

Saw this was on Prime and after watching it I know why. After the first act it just went meh and as a big fan of Scooby-Doo it’s real hard for me to not be entertained so that says something.
Agreed. I was so excited we were finally getting the closure to the 13 ghosts, but it just fell apart and was idiotic.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am

That's disappointing, 13 Ghosts was my first experience with Scooby-Doo as a kid. I'll still check it out on Prime. At least it'll be in HD, the fact that this was a DVD only release stinks.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Cobra Kai is coming back April 24th!!! I don't care, I'm Team Cobra Kai, screw Miyagi-Do Dojo!!!

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm

STAN & OLLIE I loved this! Laurel and Hardy are my favorite duo and this movie was awesome if you're a fan. It's a great look at the end of their time together and they nailed the classic bits from their show. The cast has great chemistry and both Reilly and Coogan deserve the award talk they received.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:02 am

Since adding HBO to my Hulu, I’ve been watching quite a bit of their shows. Watched all of Silicon Valley and Veep, and currently watching In Treatment. Best add on I’ve made in awhile!

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Aquaman

This movie, like the Fast and Furious series, makes no qualms about what it is and just goes for it. It's bonkers in the best way possible and its all in service of the source material. Mamoa is another one of these dudes that has great, natural charisma that really helps carry the movie.

My only 2 (minor) complaints are that Amber Heard was about as fun to watch as paint drying and her chemistry with Mamoa fell flat for me. Also, the movie was a bit overstuffed, but I can't even hold that against them honestly as Aquaman isn't exactly taken seriously by the general public. As I said, minor complaints as this was a lot of fun .

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Aquaman

This movie, like the Fast and Furious series, makes no qualms about what it is and just goes for it. It's bonkers in the best way possible and its all in service of the source material. Mamoa is another one of these dudes that has great, natural charisma that really helps carry the movie.

My only 2 (minor) complaints are that Amber Heard was about as fun to watch as paint drying and her chemistry with Mamoa fell flat for me. Also, the movie was a bit overstuffed, but I can't even hold that against them honestly as Aquaman isn't exactly taken seriously by the general public. As I said, minor complaints as this was a lot of fun .
Amber Heard was a highlight for me honestly. She was at least as good "acting" as Momoa, both were cast due to their looks anyway and for a big budget blockbuster superhero flick I'm fine with that.

And no love for the Dolph? Obviously not his highlight of 2018 (yo Drago) but cool to see him in such a big "event" film.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 am

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:51 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Aquaman

Amber Heard was a highlight for me honestly. She was at least as good "acting" as Momoa, both were cast due to their looks anyway and for a big budget blockbuster superhero flick I'm fine with that.

And no love for the Dolph? Obviously not his highlight of 2018 (yo Drago) but cool to see him in such a big "event" film.
Something about her delivery and chemistry with Mamoa didn't work for me. *shrugs*

And yes, I applaud this film for casting Dolph in such a key role. This wasn't Creed 2 level for him (that movie had a great amount of depth for all its characters) but he did a great job.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:11 am

THE HIGHWAYMEN Most Bonnie & Clyde movies tell the story of their relationship so it's a pretty new take on it as the law's side. Costner and Harrelson are great as the old lawmen called upon to get the job done and their chemistry makes for some fun moments in an otherwise serious film. The film itself is really good and highly recommended but I think I would have liked to see it done as like a 6 part mini-event that Netflix has gotten really good at as that would have allowed a few things to be focused on more and expanded upon.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Talladega Nights

I had an SD digital copy from a Will Ferrell set that recently got upgraded for free so I watched it again.

This is a movie that I've seen a few times and always remember it being somewhat funny so I'll watch it again. Turns out it's mostly forgettable with some really funny moments but the vast majority is so forgettable I never remember that part, and I'm always disappointed. Then wait a year or two (or three) and we'reback in the same boat again.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Enter the Dragon

Maybe not the best Bruce flick (Way of the Dragon) but it's big (relatively) budget Bruce with John Saxon, Black belt Jones, and BOLO so of course it's great.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 pm

Bumblebee

The first act of this film was the best live-action Transformers film ever made. The second and third act is ET with robots though. It's good for what it is, i didn't loathe the human characters the way I do in Michael Bay's films but man I want more of that first act throughout.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 pm
Bumblebee

The first act of this film was the best live-action Transformers film ever made. The second and third act is ET with robots though. It's good for what it is, i didn't loathe the human characters the way I do in Michael Bay's films but man I want more of that first act throughout.
I wanted to like it more than I did. Budget just wasn't there to give us more of that first 15 or so minutes though, so we got what we got.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse

I've heard nothing but glowing praise for this film and it really does deserve the praise it's received. Somehow they managed to tell the origin of Spider-Man and make it fresh and a love letter to the 50 years of lore that surrounds the character and his counterparts. I really need a movie about 40-year-old Peter Parker with a gut and family issues now, please Sony!

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Holmes and Watson

It's not that much unlike Talladega Nights really, both are massively unfunny pieces of shit with the same two costars (one of which is much more overrated and also unfunny than the other, I'll let you guess which one) only Talladega Nights was (and still is) unfairly overrated, while everyone saw this travesty for what it is as soon as it was released. Not quite terrible enough to be loved in a so bad it's good way, it's really just pointless.

Braun Stroman is in it though. So there's that I guess.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:58 pm

The only thing I've ever liked Reilly in was Stan & Ollie and it was a more serious role even though it was about one of the greatest comedy duos.

-mp-

Post by -mp- » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm

500 “what I am watching” threads on this board and nothing for Game of Thrones?

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:58 pm
The only thing I've ever liked Reilly in was Stan & Ollie and it was a more serious role even though it was about one of the greatest comedy duos.
and the sad thing is
He's the funny one in the Ferrell duo (and he's not even that funny)

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm

-mp- wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm
500 “what I am watching” threads on this board and nothing for Game of Thrones?
I still have two episodes left of last season. My watch has not yet come to an end.