All Elite Wrestling

Joe

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 pm
WWE has become an entertainment company that produces wrestling shows. Wrestling companies aren't going to compete with that no matter how many band together. The battle will always be for #2.
Do you think at this point AEW could arguably already take claim as being number two? I feel like ROH isn’t cool enough to be there, and New Japan lost a bunch of its cool factor literally to AEW. And Impact hasn’t been in the conversation in a decade.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Globally NJPW is #2 but in the US it's ROH simply because of tv. NJPW was ready to take that easily until they lost the AEW names as well as guys like KUSHIDA and Kitamura who was going to be huge for them within a few years.

AEW will be #2 by the end of the year once they have a few shows under the banner and a tv deal finalized. The roster they've accumulated is just too good to not be a major player right away.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:17 am

I feel like they either have a TV deal and have yet to sign on the dotted line or have the deal wrapped and are just trying to spread their announcements out to keep the buzz fresh around the company. They have found a great way to keep momentum and talk up for weeks now and that's going to be crucial as they grow this year.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:17 am
I feel like they either have a TV deal and have yet to sign on the dotted line or have the deal wrapped and are just trying to spread their announcements out to keep the buzz fresh around the company. They have found a great way to keep momentum and talk up for weeks now and that's going to be crucial as they grow this year.
Probably a little bit of column A, little bit of column B. I do like the pacing of announcements. Definitely keeps the buzz going strong.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:18 pm

They had a deal before they announced the company.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:18 pm
They had a deal before they announced the company.
Like that’s your theory or you know? I see you there, Keith!

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:26 am

The Cody/MJF angle is the greatest thing going in wrestling that isn't named Becky Lynch right now.

If you haven't seen it, the latest BTE had the Come Hell or High Water stuff. Cody and MJF hug, Page goes for one and MJF flips him off before grabbing and hugging him with Cody turning and joining them.

Brandon Cutler posted on twitter the corkscrew bump Cody did in his suit on a clothesline. Cody retweeted that the guy took his head off but then mentions that what you don't see is MJF flipping off the fan, the BTE camera angle makes it look like it was Page. :lol:

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Scott Steiner sighting on Being The Elite this week!

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 pm
I'll buy all their PPVs if they sign Scott Steiner.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 am

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 pm
I'll buy all their PPVs if they sign Scott Steiner.
Steiner should be an announcer. He'd certainly put the color in color commentary.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 am

Fuck I need to get on the ball with my aew fantasy fed before they run my idea!

When they signed Billy Gunn as coach, I've said they should sign Steiner as tag team agent.

I want another rally where it's just Conrad running from Steiner.

Jericho's podcast with Money was interesting. One thing that got me was him saying he wanted to wrestle Omega again but then also Pentagon, Fenix and them as a team against him and Omega. Those are all motyc if they happen.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 am

Keith6601 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 am

When they signed Billy Gunn as coach, I've said they should sign Steiner as tag team agent.

Jericho's podcast with Money was interesting. One thing that got me was him saying he wanted to wrestle Omega again but then also Pentagon, Fenix and them as a team against him and Omega. Those are all motyc if they happen.
By Money I’m assuming you mean the interview Jericho did with Khan? :lol:

My biggest takeaway from that was how big a fan Khan is of pro wrestling. Dude was a tape trader when he was a teenager! I respect that so much.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 am

Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 am
Keith6601 wrote:

My biggest takeaway from that was how big a fan Khan is of pro wrestling. Dude was a tape trader when he was a teenager! I respect that so much.
Yeah, his heart is definitely in the right spot. Another big takeaway for me was he spoke like a television deal was done and just waiting to be announced.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:57 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 am
Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 am
Keith6601 wrote:

Yeah, his heart is definitely in the right spot. Another big takeaway for me was he spoke like a television deal was done and just waiting to be announced.
I got the same sense. I think Jericho has gone on record saying he wouldn’t have signed if TV wasn’t in place.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Jericho's first interview after the original AEW rally he said tv was in place was a big reason he signed because it was a big one so made them a player right out of the gate. He's pretty much blown off the question after that though.

I love that they flat out acknowledge that more people are signed and they're staggering announcements to keep fresh in the minds. Also Money saying he doesn't just want to sign guys up, he wants plans for everyone they have.

I've called Khan "money" since the start because all I can picture is a BTE spoof of Star Trek II when saying his name.

Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:34 pm

I get stretching out your announcements but if something that big or significant was in place for TV, why not just announce it?

Even if the TV deal isn't until 2020....put it out there for everyone to know how big of a deal AEW will be.

I'm just left feeling like the tv deal isn't going to be that big as a result.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:40 pm

As long as you don't announce it, people will keep discussing it thus keeping AEW in discussions.

If tv was a shark, AEW would need a bigger boat ;)

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm all about the "incentive" battle royale!!!

Cutler!!! Does his brother still wrestle? They were an awesome team.

Anyone listen to the WOR Jericho interview? I don't think it's been reported but the contracts are 3 years. He said that while the goal for most young guys has always been working for Vince, now there's an alternative and it's not like they sign with AEW and that goal is impossible because they're only signing for 3 years so they can continue to improve and be young enough to still go to wwe.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 pm

The new "Road to Double or Nothing" has some big stuff.

Jericho added another dimension to his match with Omega.

It will be the first ever sensory inclusive event in wrestling history. They've partnered with KultureCity who will give out bags to those in need that include noise reducing headphones and other stuff.

Bea Priestley has signed with the company. Besides being Will Ospreay's sugar mama, she's also a pug owner :lol:

The Jacksonville show will be in July and is called "Fight for the Fallen".

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 pm

So follow me here...

Double or Nothing in May.

Fight For The Fallen in July.

All In 2 (?) in September.

Their last show of the year, big show if not overall show (depends on if they have TV on by then), I bet they go for, wait for it...Thanksgiving Day! Or maybe weekend at least. But I can see Cody and co. going for the old tradition of wrestling on Thanksgiving.