All Elite Wrestling

Post Reply
ICEMAN KING PATSON
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am
Location: the folly of man

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:26 pm
ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:10 pm
Joe wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:53 pm

I hope he’s good. His announcing with New Japan on AXS TV wasn’t exactly great.
put him with Excalibur it will be fine.
Apparently they are!
Excalibur knows all the hard to pronounce names and movez, so JR can concentrate on building things to seem like an even bigger match (which he's still good at mind) and it will be fine. Hell, Excaliber has even made Marty Derosa's commentary passable. It will be more than fine.

Keith6601
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 pm

The best part of it is "because he's Jim fucking Ross!" :lol:

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:23 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 pm
The best part of it is "because he's Jim fucking Ross!" :lol:
That was great!

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:31 am

Another reason Ross is such a big get is that he has an eye for scouting talent. Wasn't he the one that got Edge and Christian and the Hardy's and others in WWE in the late '90s/early 2000s? I mean, everyone involved has an eye for scouting talent, but JR is a bonus.

Also, this furthers the conspiracy in my mind that they have a tv deal in place and are biding their time to announce it.

Joe
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Just watched this week's Road To Double or Nothing...
Darby freaking Allin! I'm excited! I think he has a ton of potential on a big stage.

I guess we know now why he left Evolve too :lol:

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Joe wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm
Just watched this week's Road To Double or Nothing...
Darby freaking Allin! I'm excited! I think he has a ton of potential on a big stage.

I guess we know now why he left Evolve too :lol:
Not surprising considering but another great choice.

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Cima is All Elite

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Cody is set to finally reveal his mystery opponent for Double or Nothing at 7 pm tonight. Austin Aires has dropped some hints that it might be him.

Keith6601
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:25 pm
Cody is set to finally reveal his mystery opponent for Double or Nothing at 7 pm tonight. Austin Aires has dropped some hints that it might be him.
Aries has been rumored but the house at the end of the last Road to DoN doesn't look like an Aries type house, it's more a ranch leading many to believe it's Dustin Rhodes whose contract is rumored to expire yesterday or today. Dustin went on twitter earlier this week saying he was still under contract but obviously at that minute he would be. Other name I've seen tossed around is Ted DiBiase Jr but he only did 2 shows right after leaving wwe, then a show each in 2016 and 2017 so he's very unlikely.

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:25 pm
Cody is set to finally reveal his mystery opponent for Double or Nothing at 7 pm tonight. Austin Aires has dropped some hints that it might be him.
Aries has been rumored but the house at the end of the last Road to DoN doesn't look like an Aries type house, it's more a ranch leading many to believe it's Dustin Rhodes whose contract is rumored to expire yesterday or today. Dustin went on twitter earlier this week saying he was still under contract but obviously at that minute he would be. Other name I've seen tossed around is Ted DiBiase Jr but he only did 2 shows right after leaving wwe, then a show each in 2016 and 2017 so he's very unlikely.
It's Dustin. His contract expired today

Keith6601
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:34 pm

That is the most emotional video. I was already excited at the thought of it being Dustin but holy hell that video now has that feeling more like a Mania match than the Mania matches.


On a side note, who the hell did Brandi call about her match with Allie? Obviously the first thought would be Rosemary but she's with Impact.

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:34 pm
That is the most emotional video. I was already excited at the thought of it being Dustin but holy hell that video now has that feeling more like a Mania match than the Mania matches.


On a side note, who the hell did Brandi call about her match with Allie? Obviously the first thought would be Rosemary but she's with Impact.
Watched it before work this morning and totally agree. That video did so much towards building the matchup as a must see deal. Great promo work from Dustin.

Jimthy
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Jimthy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:34 pm

I'm excited for Cody/Dustin. They were building towards it for Mania a few years back and just dropped it for whatever reason. You know they are both going to go out there and want to have a great match. I think some people need to have realistic expectations though of what a "Great match" looks like sometimes and especially with those two. It's not going to be 1,000 "movez" and flips. It's not going to be a Zack Sabre Jr. submission exhibition. But, telling a story...yeah, I think Cody and Dustin are up to that task.

Joe
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 am

Jimthy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:34 pm
I'm excited for Cody/Dustin. They were building towards it for Mania a few years back and just dropped it for whatever reason. You know they are both going to go out there and want to have a great match. I think some people need to have realistic expectations though of what a "Great match" looks like sometimes and especially with those two. It's not going to be 1,000 "movez" and flips. It's not going to be a Zack Sabre Jr. submission exhibition. But, telling a story...yeah, I think Cody and Dustin are up to that task.
I was thinking the same. Neither guy is one of my favorites in the ring, but with the right story it could be incredible.

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:56 pm

The buildup to this match is incredible. What a promo!


Keith6601
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:52 pm

I hate that they're trying to build the Young Bucks as not ready because of ring rust. Yeah they have only had one "official" match since WrestleKingdom, but it was the AAA one where they beat Lucha Bros for the titles and they looked great and they've done enough run-ins where they've done their moves. I do love how Cutler missed a move during the training and they hyped it for DoN.

The ransom note is fucking phenominal!!!

The Budget Battle Royale is now the Casino Battle Royale with a new wave of 5 guys entering every 3 minutes and then the lucky last 21st entry.

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Mon May 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:52 pm
I hate that they're trying to build the Young Bucks as not ready because of ring rust. Yeah they have only had one "official" match since WrestleKingdom, but it was the AAA one where they beat Lucha Bros for the titles and they looked great and they've done enough run-ins where they've done their moves. I do love how Cutler missed a move during the training and they hyped it for DoN.

The ransom note is fucking phenominal!!!

The Budget Battle Royale is now the Casino Battle Royale with a new wave of 5 guys entering every 3 minutes and then the lucky last 21st entry.
I don't take the ring rust skits as anything other than them being silly. I'm fairly certain deep down they know they're ready.

Keith6601
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Dustin Thomas has been added to the Casino Battle Royale. He's the guy from Janela's Spring Break with no legs.

Winner of the battle royale is the first opponent for the All Elite champion.

Everyone will draw from a deck of cards. The suit will determine what group they're in. The match starts with one group (suit) and every 3 minutes the next group enters. The person that draws the joker card will be the 21st entrant.

Azmodeous
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous » Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Apparently, the TV deal is going to be with TNT and will be announced next week.

https://www.thewrap.com/aew-turner-tv-d ... U4&ampcf=1

Monday Night Rollins
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Thu May 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:36 pm
Dustin Thomas has been added to the Casino Battle Royale. He's the guy from Janela's Spring Break with no legs.

Winner of the battle royale is the first opponent for the All Elite champion.

Everyone will draw from a deck of cards. The suit will determine what group they're in. The match starts with one group (suit) and every 3 minutes the next group enters. The person that draws the joker card will be the 21st entrant.
So if they do traditional battle royal rules. Both feet have to touch the floor. The guy with no legs has to be a favorite to win it.

Post Reply