All Elite Wrestling

All Elite Wrestling

Moderator: Puns

Iamspiderman

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Iamspiderman »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:10 pm
Puns wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:57 am
GardenStateSaint wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:44 pm Maybe I missed something on the previous Rampage but why was Guevara vs. Jeff Hardy a no disqualification match?
Laaaaaaaazy booking
I see. I see what you did. But even on top of that, they're both faces so I want to believe I missed something.
Since Private Party reunited, Hardys have been slowly turning heel (or poorly playing their new characters). So the relaxed rules was tacked on to protect Jeff kinda like Sting at this point.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

-mp- wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:06 am
GardenStateSaint wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 pm How many episodes of AEW television has Ric Flair appeared on since his debut in late October? I wanna say around eight times.
Too many.
This is the right answer.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Iamspiderman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:27 am
-mp- wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:06 am
GardenStateSaint wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 pm How many episodes of AEW television has Ric Flair appeared on since his debut in late October? I wanna say around eight times.
Too many.
This is the right answer.
I swear if he shows up and turns on Sting and Darby to help the Bucks win it's going to be one of the biggest wet fart decisions in my opinion. I really hope he's being kept off TV because of optics and giving actual active wrestlers time and that it stays that way. The Whoo energy spots are annoying enough as it is but preferable to seeing him on TV.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

So get paid and not be used?
-mp-

Post by -mp- »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:02 pm So get paid and not be used?
What do I care, it’s Shad Khan’s money and he’s never running out of it.
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

I’d like to know what on earth would make Tony Khan wanna sign Ric Flair in the first place in 2024. He doesn’t add anything at his age besides nostalgia and it isn’t even nostalgia that helps AEW because he’s never done anything there and though he’s signed there is no use in having any 70something year old man in a company where the wrestlers have made it crystal clear they don’t take advice from veterans.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Geezus, they're really going through with turn Ric on Sting and Darby, aren't they? Ugh
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

Keith6601 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:30 pm Flair dumps Sting a couple shows before with the Bucks paying him off for the knowledge or whatever. Then turns on the Bucks at Revolution because the one thing you can't teach is being the dirtiest player in the game.
I'm sticking with this. The ultimate swerve! Flair turns FOR Sting!
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

I actually think the worst case scenario will happen. Bucks and Hangman win the titles in the last two matches on the show, managed by Ric Flair. I mean, it's so insanely asinine that I don't think TK will be able to help himself.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

It won't be Hangman, as he's out of the match Sunday. He's either hurt or going through a personal issue depending on if you believe Meltzer or not these days (he's been wildly wrong on a number of things the last few weeks).
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Never believe Meltzer.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Iamspiderman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:17 pm Never believe Meltzer.
I think a lot of Meltzer's sources have dried up over the years or moved over to Frightful/Sapp. I also wish he'd stop feeling the urge to engage with every bad faith troll on Twitter for hours on end. It just emboldens them.
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

Do you think AEW is good still?

I’m out. Don’t watch, don’t read about it anymore. I only hear what’s going on through Corny anymore. I couldn’t. I tried, but I couldn’t keep having my intelligence insulted so horribly.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Puns wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:34 pm Do you think AEW is good still?

I’m out. Don’t watch, don’t read about it anymore. I only hear what’s going on through Corny anymore. I couldn’t. I tried, but I couldn’t keep having my intelligence insulted so horribly.
In ring, it's excellent. But when you spend a 2 hour show doing mostly interviews and talking segments like this weeks Dynamite was it's a tough watch. The matches on the show were good, I just wish they had put on 1-2 more.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

BCC vs. FTR and Kingston went on for way too long.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Azmodeous wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:07 am

In ring, it's excellent. But when you spend a 2 hour show doing mostly interviews and talking segments like this weeks Dynamite was it's a tough watch. The matches on the show were good, I just wish they had put on 1-2 more.
There is one of these every PPV cycle, nothing new.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Iamspiderman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:10 pm
Azmodeous wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:07 am

There is one of these every PPV cycle, nothing new.
I expect this PPV to be very good tonight (leaving for Greensboro in a few hours from now) just a bit worried about how the Sting retirement match goes down as I have no desire to see some screwy Flair turn or for the Bucks to win in general. I think that'd go over like a wet fart in this situation.
-mp-

Post by -mp- »

What the fuck is this creepy shit

-mp-

Post by -mp- »

Cornette gets off on letting wrestlers fuck his fat wife, and he thinks everyone else is just as deviated.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

-mp- wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:49 pm What the fuck is this creepy shit

I mean, you could listen to the 5-10 minutes before whatever that timestamp is for the context.

Also, that was about early to mid last year iirc, because there was a stir up then and it went away as it tends to do because people just go with clickbait.