All Elite Wrestling

All Elite Wrestling

Moderator: Puns

Post Reply
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

The boys are doing it on their own!

You guys excited for a new potentially major company?
Send Hook
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am
Location: Houston

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Send Hook »

Absolutely.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

An agreement with OWE and Cima!!

May 25th in Vegas at the MGM Grand! Double or Nothing!

Women's division confirmed.

MJF has the mic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called Conrad turkey tits.....I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!

Adam Page is the first person to say he's going to be champion and here comes PAC!

2nd show is in Jacksonville with a large portion of the gate going to victims of gun violence.

Jericho's music hits as Conrad is telling people to stick around........IT'S JERICHO! CHRIS JERICHO IS HERE!!!! He points to the veterans memorial arena where wwe is running and tells the crowd to let them hear it. :lol: He's all in and he's all in with AEW. He's not here for the money, he has that, he's here to do something different because it's what he's always done. They're not going to change the world, they're going to change the universe.

Yay fireworks!!!

Confirmed roster:
SCU
Britt Baker
MJF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey Janela with Penelope Ford
Adam Page
PAC (with the Dragon Gate title :lol: )
Chris Jericho


*It's being reported that there was a crew there for a documentary, possibly HBO*
Send Hook
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am
Location: Houston

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Send Hook »

Wow. They are making big noise.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

Per the WOR show

- Chris Jericho was negotiating with WWE and AEW (which he said already). He said Jericho's thoughts about the business changed when he worked for NJPW the first time (last year). Since he had gotten so used to WWE, he had forgotten how much he enjoyed doing other things. AEW will allow him to keep working with NJPW.

- In general - AEW is going to let guys work for other promotions (specifically mentioning New Japan). As long as you available for their (AEW) big shows they are fine with guys doing other things. (Which is of course easy to say now when you aren't running more than like 2 shows a year)

- Someone asked about the revenue split between wrestlers and promotion (wondering if it would be close to 50/50 like most sports leagues). Dave said that for the first couple of years it will be way past 50% for the wrestlers side. Its too easy to tell but since the Khans are "sports people", Dave figures it will end up settling around 50/50. It is all about driving revenue

- AEW will try to work with everyone (this was specifically in regards to being asked if they were partnering with Dragon Gate)

- Jim Ross - TBD. It's not a done deal but it wouldn't surprise Dave

- No one will be making what John Cena, Brock or Roman Reigns would be. However, Chris Jericho - who was one of the highest paid WWE guys - "just signed the best offer of his career". He also figured the salaries (AEW to WWE) are comparable because Hangman Page turned down WWE's offer (that is weird ass logic but this is Dave)

- Someone asked if ESPN would carry AEW. Dave says he hasn't heard anything about talks with them.

- Someone asked if ROH will get a better TV deal after the MSG show. (Using the assumption that someone saw WWE deals and that AEW's deal will be good). Dave said it would all up to Sinclair.

- AEW executives will have health care (Cody, Young Bucks, Daniels are the names Dave mentioned). Everyone else won't - at least not at the beginning. Dave thinks if the company starts making money, they will expand it to the other wrestlers

- There is nothing with Dustin Rhodes right now due to his WWE contract. After his contract runs out, Dave said it "sounds like a natural fit" (I see what you did there Dave)

- WWE is trying to lock up their Sky TV contract now so that Sky doesn't suddenly have options later this year as AEW starts

- Dave believes that ROH now regrets supporting ALL IN

- The Jacksonville show (the benefit show) is being looked at for June right now. Their third show would probably be in Sept. Clearly, that is all very tentative.

- The reason the AEW folks turned down the offer to buy IMPACT was because they wanted to start from scratch



Cody said in one of the interviews after the rally that everyone would be covered in the ring so if something happens, they're not paying out of pocket themselves, the promotion will be 100%.
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

Doesn't WWE do that too, if there's a serious injury to a guy? That's not quite health insurance, but it is certainly a great thing to offer.

Also, I don't get why ROH would now regret supporting ALL IN. I wish there was more elaboration to that.

They made the right call about not just buying Impact and starting from scratch. We need a fresh, new company, especially with the finances these guys seem to have. Impact is a tainted brand in name at best. And has already rebooted so many times. I'm certainly glad it's still around and doing better than in a long time quality wise, but it will never be the launching point for a major new company.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

It depends on the situation with wwe. Like you said, if it's a serious injury they cover everything but I know of guys that still have medical bills from being injured.

I don't think ROH expected All In to turn into anything except maybe a few shows a year, nowhere near a new promotion and tv or losing some of their top names.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

Cody pretty much confirmed ROH's reasoning for regretting supporting All In in a recent interview. He said they never expected or thought of running a promotion, they just figured they'd do a couple of shows a year as fun. As soon as the talk of a promotion and tv came about, ROH knew they were in trouble of losing big names and possibly more in the future when contracts came time to renew.

In the latest Being The Elite, Cody introduces MJF to Page and the Bucks as someone he's taking under his wing. When Cody leaves, MJF is an utter dick to them and then back to lovey dovey when Cody comes back. Page adds at the end "he's just like Cody" :lol: Awesome stuff that I'd love to see play out into a Cody/MJF match.
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

Keith6601 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am Cody pretty much confirmed ROH's reasoning for regretting supporting All In in a recent interview. He said they never expected or thought of running a promotion, they just figured they'd do a couple of shows a year as fun. As soon as the talk of a promotion and tv came about, ROH knew they were in trouble of losing big names and possibly more in the future when contracts came time to renew.

In the latest Being The Elite, Cody introduces MJF to Page and the Bucks as someone he's taking under his wing. When Cody leaves, MJF is an utter dick to them and then back to lovey dovey when Cody comes back. Page adds at the end "he's just like Cody" :lol: Awesome stuff that I'd love to see play out into a Cody/MJF match.
Man, I gotta start watching Being The Elite now so I can follow the storylines until Double Or Nothing.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

Being the Elite is seriously the best thing there is to watch on tuesdays :lol:
Send Hook
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am
Location: Houston

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Send Hook »

Joe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am
Keith6601 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am Cody pretty much confirmed ROH's reasoning for regretting supporting All In in a recent interview. He said they never expected or thought of running a promotion, they just figured they'd do a couple of shows a year as fun. As soon as the talk of a promotion and tv came about, ROH knew they were in trouble of losing big names and possibly more in the future when contracts came time to renew.

In the latest Being The Elite, Cody introduces MJF to Page and the Bucks as someone he's taking under his wing. When Cody leaves, MJF is an utter dick to them and then back to lovey dovey when Cody comes back. Page adds at the end "he's just like Cody" :lol: Awesome stuff that I'd love to see play out into a Cody/MJF match.
Man, I gotta start watching Being The Elite now so I can follow the storylines until Double Or Nothing.
Dude. Watch from the beginning.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

Monday Night Rollins wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:47 pm
Joe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am
Keith6601 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am Cody pretty much confirmed ROH's reasoning for regretting supporting All In in a recent interview. He said they never expected or thought of running a promotion, they just figured they'd do a couple of shows a year as fun. As soon as the talk of a promotion and tv came about, ROH knew they were in trouble of losing big names and possibly more in the future when contracts came time to renew.

In the latest Being The Elite, Cody introduces MJF to Page and the Bucks as someone he's taking under his wing. When Cody leaves, MJF is an utter dick to them and then back to lovey dovey when Cody comes back. Page adds at the end "he's just like Cody" :lol: Awesome stuff that I'd love to see play out into a Cody/MJF match.
Man, I gotta start watching Being The Elite now so I can follow the storylines until Double Or Nothing.
Dude. Watch from the beginning.
Without a doubt! They still have nods to stuff that is from the start that I laugh at because one of the arguments against AEW is "well they need to show they can plan out stuff instead of just ok right now let's do this".
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

AEW has signed Jungle Boy, who apparently has been on the independents for a couple of years (I’ve never seen nor heard of him) and is the son of 1990s TV heartthrob Luke Perry.
Keith6601
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Keith6601 »

Joe wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 pm AEW has signed Jungle Boy, who apparently has been on the independents for a couple of years (I’ve never seen nor heard of him) and is the son of 1990s TV heartthrob Luke Perry.
He's not bad, still young. He's mainly on the west coast like Bar Wrestling but he's made a few trips east with GCW the past few months.
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

Keith6601 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:47 pm
Joe wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 pm AEW has signed Jungle Boy, who apparently has been on the independents for a couple of years (I’ve never seen nor heard of him) and is the son of 1990s TV heartthrob Luke Perry.
He's not bad, still young. He's mainly on the west coast like Bar Wrestling but he's made a few trips east with GCW the past few months.
And his dad is Luke Perry. :lol:
-mp-
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by -mp- »

I saw him on the legendary David Arquette vs Nick Gage show. He looks kind of like a 20 cent version of Rush. Also, he comes out to this:



I’m also hearing he might be the son of Luke Perry.
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

-mp- wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 pm I saw him on the legendary David Arquette vs Nick Gage show. He looks kind of like a 20 cent version of Rush. Also, he comes out to this:



I’m also hearing he might be the son of Luke Perry.
“20 Cent Version of Rush” is the best description I’ve ever heard for a talent. :lol:

Poor kid, who may or may not but definitely is fathered by Luke Perry of Torrie Spelling’s father’s TV show fame.
Azmodeous
Posts: 2080
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Azmodeous »

Any guesses on what the countdown at the end of this weeks episode of Being the Elite was to? I'm guessing it's to when they can formally announce Kenny Omega, but it said 9 days and I was under the impression his New Japan contract is up on the 31st.
Iamspiderman
Posts: 2117
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Iamspiderman »

Azmodeous wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 pm Any guesses on what the countdown at the end of this weeks episode of Being the Elite was to? I'm guessing it's to when they can formally announce Kenny Omega, but it said 9 days and I was under the impression his New Japan contract is up on the 31st.
Is that the day of their pool party event? They'll prob. announce Kenny there.
Joe
Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 am

Re: All Elite Wrestling

Post by Joe »

Looks like Pentagon Jr and Rey Fennix are AEW bound!
Post Reply