Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Stuff
Puns

Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Puns » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 pm

So I’m always reading something and thinking outside the box and I write a lot about things that I think about. I post a lot of stuff on Facebook but I also keep a lot of it for myself and thought that this might be a good place for some discussion on some of the things people on Facebook might be a little too dumb to comprehend or just unwilling to accept or even try to think about.

I have a theory.

If humans were not as self aware in the very distant past as we currently are in modern day society could they have possibly perceived their thoughts to be something that is being said to them by an entity that they could not see or understand and this could be the entire basis of religious beliefs throughout the history of the world? This is bicameralism. The separation in one’s mind between the part that is speaking and the other part which listens and obeys what it is told.

Also, perhaps the visions these people and/or prophets experienced, while not exactly divine in nature, were actually the result of hallucinations that, since these people were not able at the time to attribute the thoughts inside their own head to their own consciousness, they attributed to “god.” Perhaps they are a plant which caused them to have hallucinations and while they are seeing things, like say a burning bush, they perceived that the thoughts inside their head while seeing this hallucination were coming from the bush itself, thus the burning bush WAS speaking to them. How would someone who doesn’t understand the difference between the thoughts in their own head coming from themselves who is also experiencing a funky trip as a result of the plant they infested tell someone else about what had happened to them? They would say that a bush was on fire and it spoke to them, whether or not it in fact happened that way because their understanding of the situation that took place was limited. If some perceived divine revelation occurred during the hallucination it would be attributed to an entity that was not in fact there at the time. “God,” in theory. God would reveal that people should not kill one another. That we should not steal from one another. That rape was in fact not something we should do. These all seem to be common sense to us, but for a person who can’t understand that their own thoughts are coming from them this would be something revealed to them by a higher power.

Of course these commandments would not always be followed because not everyone adheres to the same moral code. Some people are inherently evil. The people that did not follow the rules that came down from the higher power would be labeled sinners for not following the divine revaluations that came from above to the person who was originally experiencing hallucinations and not understanding that the thoughts in their head weren’t coming from elsewhere, but was actually their own consciousness. The people who sinned or went by their own rules instead of the ones revealed to the hallucinating person would be “bad” people.

Many different religions throughout the history of the world have eaten different things that caused hallucinations to become closer to their god. To help to achieve spiritual enlightenment, if you will. Now days these practices are frowned upon because laws have been put in place and certain substances have been deemed illegal by governments and certain religious practices are no longer commonplace because religions have evolved as humanity has evolved. Also certain religions have been eliminated by the more popular and powerful religions of the time because they deemed anyone who didn’t follow their own spiritual path to be a “sinner.”

When the Romans took control of Christianity they set rules to control the vast empire that spanned many different countries throughout all sorts of different nationalities and languages. The unifying force? Religion. When the government controls the religion they can control the belief system and control the people. When you control the entire belief system you can change it to meet whatever narrative you want it to meet.

Perhaps when Adam and Eve ate the fruit that got them banished from the Garden of Eden it was a metaphor for knowledge of what they were. Instead of just being, they realized “I am Adam” and “I am Eve.” Maybe they were enlightened to the fact that because they think they are? Also, it could have possibly been something that caused them to have hallucinations and could have been a real bad trip and would be the reason that they saw a talking snake and would result in them believing what they had done was evil. If they were indeed the first people they wouldn’t have known that when you give it it is a painful process. They would have had no one to ask. It wouldn’t have been a curse laid upon all of mankind as they would have been led to believe by the hallucinations and the thoughts inside their head that they weren’t able to rationally comprehend, but in fact only a product of simple biological reproduction.

You also see ancient gods from the Sumerian pantheon like Enki depicted holding something that looks like a pine cone. Perhaps this isn’t a pine cone at all, but a mushroom? Mushrooms are known to cause people to hallucinate. You see some real crazy stuff when you’re tripping. Maybe someone described the hallucination that they were seeing after ingesting the mushroom and the had seen a man with a long beard and a pointy hat wearing a robe and holding a golden staff in one hand and a mushroom in the other commanding the fish to fly and the lambs to lie down at his feet and having the animals obey him, and the person would believe that this person that they are hallucinating has extraordinary powers and the ability to command all life to do whatever he says. This sounds completely rational to me. We see some pretty groovy stuff scrawled on ancient monuments, temples, artifacts, pyramids, etc.

In the ancient Egypt times of Moses trying to free the Israelites from their Egyptian slavery could the plagues that were cast down on the Pharaoh from god also have been the result of hallucinations? ancient Egyptian dynasties were also known to marry family members for generations. Could the hallucinations perhaps be attributed to mental illnesses caused by generational incest? Or could the plagues attributed to come from god just be humans without the understanding of thoughts coming from themselves trying to understand and rationalize these bad things happening to them? Slavery is inhuman, but was commonplace at the time. It happened throughout the world. Those who were more powerful imprisoned the weaker, those who believed in different religions from themselves, their conquered foes, those of different skin color, etc. No person likes to be forced to do anything against their will. The enslaved are going to hate the people enslaving them. So the thoughts in their heads about their captors are going to be negative. The enslavers are going to be evil people in their minds. So without understanding the way thoughts happen in their mind and attributing the thoughts in their heads to a divine being speaking to them, some of them are going to believe that these thoughts come from some sort of higher power. The stories that result from them escaping their captivity would then be attributed to god and the thoughts of the people will be words that god said to them. God is essentially their consciousness speaking to them, a divine attribution of the unknown element of how thinking works.

This would have all happened throughout the history of the world, in different countries, in different ages, in different ways, different languages and customs and as many possible differences people could have and in many different levels of understanding, and this could have resulted in the concept of all the different gods for all the different people throughout the world and the different religions and different practices and beliefs that they all practiced and held. They are all true to the person that believes in them. None of them are wrong because religious belief is something that is sacred to someone and is a thing that can not be proven or disproven. It is a belief. Everyone is and was entitled to their own beliefs.

Personally I love to think of where these beliefs originated and what could have caused them in a rational, scientific manner rather than a belief in a particular entity that controls everything good and bad that has ever happened to everyone and everything that has ever lived. I don’t adhere to any religion because I’m the kind of person who values rigid structure and proof over faith but I find the subject of religion throughout the history of the world to be a very intellectually fascinating subject that I am constantly thinking about because of the gravity that religion holds in present day society.

Joe

Re: Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:38 pm

The title of this thread made me wonder if a spam bot got through the filters somehow! :lol:

Keith6601

Re: Inquisitive Thoughts From The Mind of an Athiest Canadian Jew Free Thinking Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Keith6601 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Joe wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:38 pm
The title of this thread made me wonder if a spam bot got through the filters somehow! :lol:
I thought he changed the random thoughts title but then realized the board was still working so he wasn't in the control panels.

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am

Is money a religion?

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:56 am

Puns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am
Is money a religion?
yes

Puns

Post by Puns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:56 am
Puns wrote:
Is money a religion?
yes
It’s certainly been deified and is worshipped throughout the world but especially so in the United States.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 am

Puns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Puns wrote:
Is money a religion?
yes
It’s certainly been deified and is worshipped throughout the world but especially so in the United States.
I tend to view Star Trek (especially the original series and The Next Generation) as a model for what humanity should aspire to be. Things aren't perfect, mind you, but even when problems arise they come together to solve them. One of the first things that they did in Trek to make things more peaceful was to abolish money.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:13 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 am
Puns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

yes
I tend to view Star Trek (especially the original series and The Next Generation) as a model for what humanity should aspire to be. Things aren't perfect, mind you, but even when problems arise they come together to solve them. One of the first things that they did in Trek to make things more peaceful was to abolish money.
on Earth, but they have Federation credits, which was for trade b/t Planets. And of course a lot of the galaxy still uses the gold standard (latinum).
It's not the money ITSELF that is evil, it's the greed and obsession with wealth and power.

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:59 pm

So what do you guys think about reincarnation? I have some thoughts I’d like to share with you and see what you think.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Puns wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:59 pm
So what do you guys think about reincarnation? I have some thoughts I’d like to share with you and see what you think.
I believe it is possible, but unlikely.
Like Aliens visiting us or ghosts.

Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm

What if the conspiracy is that people like Puns are brainwashed these conspiracy theories to throw us off from the real conspiracies?

Puns

Post by Puns » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Keith6601 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm
What if the conspiracy is that people like Puns are brainwashed these conspiracy theories to throw us off from the real conspiracies?

That’s it! Who squealed?