Random General Wrestling Discussion

Moderator: Puns

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Re: Random General Wrestling Discussion

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

I'd say Hansen mostly because he couldn't see shit and had to lay everything in for it to look good, and boy howdy did he. I think I'd rather fight Lesnar than Stan Hansen.
Send Hook

Post by Send Hook »

Vader
Gunther
Roderick Strong
Puns
Location: In my mom’s basement I steal her wifi and I pay no rent

Post by Puns »

I had the misfortune of taking some Roderick Strong chops during a seminar. My trainer told him how much I loved to chop so he proceeded to see how much I loved them after what I essentially believe was him trying to see if he could remove my nipple from my chest.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Come hang out in our chat tonight at 7:30pm EST and watch me and my 2 friends determine the greatest male wrestler of all time!

https://www.twitch.tv/the_sharpshooters
Puns

Post by Puns »

Who were the top 4 wrestlers at any time that you’ve ever watched wrestling?

I started watching in 1995. My first favorite was Ric Flair. Im a fan of wrestling as a concept because of him. His promos, the robes, the WOOs, the chops, the catch phrases, the custom made suits. Bret Hart came in just slightly below Flair. Everything Bret did seemed completely real to me as a child. He always seemed the realest to me, he wasn’t cartoony like Ric Flair. He was serious business and didn’t have time to dick around, he was a serious wrestler’s wrestler. Then Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit became my guys. I still have a drawing notebook from 7th grade that’s completely littered with drawings of all my favorite wrestlers that’s full of pictures I drew between 1998-99 of Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, etc. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit had such intensity I was always in awe of them. It looked like they were legitimately beating the absolute shit out of whoever they wrestled, Benoit specifically with his vicious chops and how he yelled when he kicked or punched his opponents. And they both used rolling German suplexes, my favorite move in wrestling. I loved how hard it looked like they were both always working. I couldn’t see through their work at all as a kid and as I grew up and learned more about the business my respect, admiration and appreciation for those two specifically grew immensely as I learned how hard they actually were hitting their opponents to add to the realism of the endeavor. I put Eddie Guerrero just one rung below Angle and Benoit. Not quite the perfect worker, like Benoit, but he could hang with the best and was only just below them in my eyes. Eddie could talk his ass off later into his career where Benoit told repeatedly told us HE WAS 4 REAL when he won the world heavyweight championship. Eddie could at least cut promos. In my opinion that’s all Eddie had on Benoit. They were both two all timers in the ring imo. It’s a god damn shame they died so young and in Benoit’s case, so fucking horribly.

My top 4 is 5 guys lol. I’m sorry. Flair, Hart, Angle, Benoit, Guerrero.

I’m a little sad leaving off Mitsuharu Misawa, but the English language prevents me from loving Misawa in the same way as the other guys, not being able to understand him and all. Japanese wrestling is really a different beast all together. American wrestling has changed so drastically to incorporate more puroresu and lucha libre over the past 20 or so years.
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

I was a wwf kid so mine were Hogan, Savage, Piper and JYD. When I discovered NWA/JCP I was all about The Midnight Express.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Join in at 730pmEST

https://twitch.tv/the_sharpshooters

You won’t want to miss our opening!!
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

What are your best and worst heel turns of all time?*

This will be one of our main topics this Monday night on my twitch stream so please stop by for a bit if you can! We'll also be drafting our ultimate faction of only managers.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

“Samoa did not pull his punches. And I’m like, ‘Dude, you’re a professional wrestler. One thing you know how to do is not hit somebody.’ But it was great."

Anthony Mackie discussing the Twisted Metal series and showing he has never watched a Samoa Joe match in his life. Lol
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

Hello all,

This upcoming Monday I’ll be hosting my usual stream but this time I’ll be rolling Solo! I’ll be on just playing AEW Fight Forever but I’d like the chance to answer some questions as a sort of mailbag bit as I play.

That being said, any questions? Preferably wrestling related but am open to any topic if you have questions at all!
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Is Fight Forever worth playing or should I wait for updates? I was probably going to wait for at least the first price drop anyway. Probably going to go for PC for the ported wrestlers from the WWE games.
Puns

Post by Puns »

I also would like to know more about it before buying. I mainly wanna know if it’s the same kind of play style as Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy for Nintendo 64 back in the day.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

I’ll be sure to answer those questions tonight on my stream!

Still open to any questions wrestling related or not for me to talk about tonight!
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Who is someone who is considered a legend that you haven't seen much or any of their matches? Mine is probably Bruiser Brody.
Send Hook

Post by Send Hook »

Buddy Rodgers
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Lou Thez
I think I saw him wrestle Chono?
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Hot take: The LA Knight YEAH catchphrase is as annoying as the What chants were.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

For my tastes it first has to surpass the Tye Dillinger "10" chants.
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

Azmodeous wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:51 pm Hot take: The LA Knight YEAH catchphrase is as annoying as the What chants were.
Have to give him credit though, they're doing yeah instead of what cuz that shit is still going hahahaha
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Azmodeous wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:51 pm Hot take: The LA Knight YEAH catchphrase is as annoying as the What chants were.
Especially when you're standing in line for 2 hours.

Side note, Greensboro has some incredibly ugly fans. Looked like they fucked the pet possum and raised the babies.