NWA Powerrrr

Joe

NWA Powerrrr

Post by Joe » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:53 am

We really should have a thread for this. I’m watching episode 2 now. I’m definitely a fan of the presentation!

Azmodeous

Re: NWA Powerrrr

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:12 am

I just hope they go back to the regular presentation on Tuesday. That clip show was depressing to watch last week.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:07 am

Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:12 am
I just hope they go back to the regular presentation on Tuesday. That clip show was depressing to watch last week.
it got me blocked by the NWA!

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:09 pm

I'm not blocked but I greatly reduced my time on social media so I haven't posted anything about it to them. I did let AEW know that that Butcher and the Blade segment was a dud though and haven't gained any ire for that.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:02 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:09 pm
I'm not blocked but I greatly reduced my time on social media so I haven't posted anything about it to them. I did let AEW know that that Butcher and the Blade segment was a dud though and haven't gained any ire for that.
Am I the only one that thought the segment was tremendous? I mean you have a big mystery debut attacking the face of the company and what people hate (that it came out of nowhere) is one of the reasons I loved it so much.

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:15 pm

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:02 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
Am I the only one that thought the segment was tremendous? I mean you have a big mystery debut attacking the face of the company and what people hate (that it came out of nowhere) is one of the reasons I loved it so much.
I think that it would have worked better for me had there not been so much confusion on the commentary about them, that plus the audience was confused and it all just came off clunky to me. Hopefully the follow-up will work better for me. I'm genuinely intrigued by Allie being part of this as she's needed something better to work with.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:31 pm

Azmodeous wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:15 pm
Azmodeous wrote:
I think that it would have worked better for me had there not been so much confusion on the commentary about them, that plus the audience was confused and it all just came off clunky to me. Hopefully the follow-up will work better for me. I'm genuinely intrigued by Allie being part of this as she's needed something better to work with.
I just don’t like that Cody is now in three unrelated feuds. I wonder who will attack Cody next week!

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:01 am

Joe wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:31 pm
Azmodeous wrote:

I just don’t like that Cody is now in three unrelated feuds. I wonder who will attack Cody next week!
I think they have already written off the Spears fued when Cody beat him, Jericho is on hold since he can't challenge for the foreseeable future, so this will set up BBB vs the Rhodes brothers. I'm totally down for that.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 am

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:01 am
Joe wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:31 pm
Azmodeous wrote:

I think they have already written off the Spears fued when Cody beat him, Jericho is on hold since he can't challenge for the foreseeable future, so this will set up BBB vs the Rhodes brothers. I'm totally down for that.
I was thinking MJF, Jericho, B&B. I figured the Spears feud ended with the PPV match.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am

MJF is playing the chickenshit with Cody. That's going to be stretched out for a long while, I think. Long term booking. BBB against the Rhodes could be something for the immediate future. Shame they turned Brandi heel, she'd fit in there against Allie.

Monday Night Rollins

Post by Monday Night Rollins » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 pm

I’m a big fan of The Butcher & The Blade. Great addition to the roster.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 pm

Monday Night Rollins wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 pm
Wait are they in the NWA too?

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 pm
Yeah, I think I started this, sorry. NWA talk in AEW, AEW in NWA, etc.

I didnt watch this week. Is it back to "normal"?

Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:50 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 pm
Yeah, I think I started this, sorry. NWA talk in AEW, AEW in NWA, etc.

I didnt watch this week. Is it back to "normal"?
It's mostly back to normal, they did cut Cornette out of the intros of the matches and are using pretapes with Joe Galli which just look bad. They did keep his commentary on the matches and kept him in the big angle at the end of the show at least.

ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:17 am

I'm watching it now. I'm skipping all the talking heads and "commercials", did see the Aldis/Muta confrontation from Wrestlecade, though its kind of ruined by the editing. At least we are getting the full Rock N Roll match.