Dr. Who!

Moderator: Puns

Joe

Dr. Who!

Post by Joe »

Yes I know I’m late to the party, but oh what a party! I just started the Matt Smith doctor. I’m not over David Tennant’s regeneration scene yet.

Am I crazy, or did the production quality shoot up from season 4 to season 5?
RaYnE

Re: Dr. Who!

Post by RaYnE »

Yes...Yes it did. Smith's Dr. is my favorite.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Joe wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 pm Yes I know I’m late to the party, but oh what a party! I just started the Matt Smith doctor. I’m not over David Tennant’s regeneration scene yet.

Series 5 was the first full season to broadcast in HD. It also was the first of a new showrunner and I think he was instrumental in getting the show to look as good as it did when he took over.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Azmodeous wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:27 am
Joe wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 pm Yes I know I’m late to the party, but oh what a party! I just started the Matt Smith doctor. I’m not over David Tennant’s regeneration scene yet.

Series 5 was the first full season to broadcast in HD. It also was the first of a new showrunner and I think he was instrumental in getting the show to look as good as it did when he took over.
Yeah it’s extremely noticeable. I’m enjoying Smith a few episodes in. But Tennant is going to be hard to beat.
RaYnE

Post by RaYnE »

Joe wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 am

Yeah it’s extremely noticeable. I’m enjoying Smith a few episodes in. But Tennant is going to be hard to beat.
Just you wait until you get to season 7 and Angels Take Manhattan.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

Oh i think you’ll be surprised
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

Did you check out any of the Big Finish audios yet, Joe?
Joe

Post by Joe »

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 pm Did you check out any of the Big Finish audios yet, Joe?
Not yet! You said they’re on Spotify?

And I’ve finished season 5 now and started season 6. I can honestly say Amy and Rory are my favorite companions so far. And I’m really starting to be sold on Smith as the best Doctor of this new series so far. He just hits every note so well with the character.

And I enjoyed the fun fact that the actress playing Amy went over to be Nebula in the MCU.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

There's a lot of the early ones on Spotify, yes. The Eighth Doctor is one of my favorite Doctors just based on his audios. Also, the Sixth Doctor is pretty much redeemed in his Audios and is now another of my top Doctors.
RaYnE

Post by RaYnE »

Joe wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:17 am
ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 pm Did you check out any of the Big Finish audios yet, Joe?
Not yet! You said they’re on Spotify?

And I’ve finished season 5 now and started season 6. I can honestly say Amy and Rory are my favorite companions so far. And I’m really starting to be sold on Smith as the best Doctor of this new series so far. He just hits every note so well with the character.

And I enjoyed the fun fact that the actress playing Amy went over to be Nebula in the MCU.

It gets so much better. After much debate on which one was better, Tennant or Smith, Smith has to be my favorite tops. I loved David as the Doctor, but Smith is just perfect. Although I thought, if he'd got more of a shot, Chris Elcceston could have been just as great.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

RaYnE wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:10 am Although I thought, if he'd got more of a shot, Chris Elcceston could have been just as great.
and Elecceston has been signed for (at least) 4 box sets for Big Finish starting next year....
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:10 am
RaYnE wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:10 am Although I thought, if he'd got more of a shot, Chris Elcceston could have been just as great.
and Elecceston has been signed for (at least) 4 box sets for Big Finish starting next year....
The fact that he is willing to do this now gives me hope that maybe he will do an on-screen appearance finally. The 60th anniversary is rapidly approaching.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Azmodeous wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:22 pm
ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:10 am
The fact that he is willing to do this now gives me hope that maybe he will do an on-screen appearance finally. The 60th anniversary is rapidly approaching.
Any future multi Doctor stories (on Television at least) are meaningless since (spoiler tag for Joe)
the Doctor has had hundreds (or more) regenerations we never saw, making the "numbered" Doctors not really matter in the new grand scheme.
Joe

Post by Joe »

RaYnE wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:16 pm

I saw this like a week ago.

I’m still not okay.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

Joe wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:42 pm

I’m still not okay.
You were touched by a smooth criminal?
RaYnE

Post by RaYnE »

Roxxxas wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:19 am
Joe wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:42 pm

I’m still not okay.
You were touched by a smooth criminal?
I don’t think I’m still ok from it.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

So I saw something about Captain Jack returning for the holiday special this year. While the new dynamic should be very enertaining I still need to see Barrowman with Matt Smith because it would have to be even more spectacular. And then Capaldi would just give him shit endlessly
ICEMAN KING PATSON

I'll watch it for Barrowman but I'm done with the TV show after that Timeless Child nonsense (or least until a new showrunner undos it).
In brighter news the Time Lord Victorious stuff in other media has been pretty excellent so far.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:02 am I'll watch it for Barrowman but I'm done with the TV show after that Timeless Child nonsense (or least until a new showrunner undos it).
In brighter news the Time Lord Victorious stuff in other media has been pretty excellent so far.
I keep seeing stuff about it here and there be hyped on Facebook. I just need the time :lol:
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Roxxxas wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:59 am
ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:02 am I'll watch it for Barrowman but I'm done with the TV show after that Timeless Child nonsense (or least until a new showrunner undos it).
I keep seeing stuff about it here and there be hyped on Facebook. I just need the time :lol:
All you really need is the books and the audios, even the comics are not necessary for the story.