Dr. Who!

Moderator: Puns

Azmodeous

Re: Dr. Who!

Post by Azmodeous »

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 am
Roxxxas wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:59 am
ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:02 am I'll watch it for Barrowman but I'm done with the TV show after that Timeless Child nonsense (or least until a new showrunner undos it).
In brighter news the Time Lord Victorious stuff in other media has been pretty excellent so far.
I keep seeing stuff about it here and there be hyped on Facebook. I just need the time :lol:
All you really need is the books and the audios, even the comics are not necessary for the story.
Between you and a guy I friended on Twitter, the audio dramas are just hyped as definitive Who right now. I'm tempted to get the Tom Baker and David Tennant team up that was just released.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Post by ICEMAN KING PATSON »

The 4/10 team up is kind of/not really part of Time Lord Victorious, I think they included it officially after the fact. Its still totally worth listening to though, only issue I had with it was it felt way too short.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/v/doct ... victorious

there is a bundle with the 2 Master short trips and the 3 8th Doctor stories, that's pretty essential to Time Lord Victorious
rohspashley

Post by rohspashley »

They released the trailer for the holiday special. FIrst off its on New Years Day again and not Christmas, where it belongs. After that horrendously hideous season finale i have very little interest in watching it.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

rohspashley wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 am They released the trailer for the holiday special. FIrst off its on New Years Day again and not Christmas, where it belongs. After that horrendously hideous season finale i have very little interest in watching it.
The thing is Series 12 was a distinct improvement over 13th' First Series, then the finale just took a massive shit on the entire history of Dr. Who.
rohspashley

Post by rohspashley »

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:31 pm
rohspashley wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 am They released the trailer for the holiday special. FIrst off its on New Years Day again and not Christmas, where it belongs. After that horrendously hideous season finale i have very little interest in watching it.
The thing is Series 12 was a distinct improvement over 13th' First Series, then the finale just took a massive shit on the entire history of Dr. Who.
of the 10 episodes 7 were decent, 2 were extremely overly politically correct. and the finale was about the worst thing ive ever seen. about as bad as the how i met your mother series finale. Chibnall took a big shit over the entire history of Doctor Who. it was so PC, trying to satisify the doctor who is too white and too male crowd. now theres been hundreds of regenerations all genders and colours. i am still hoping this is one big swerve and its just a huge lie by the master. also after all the year of nu who leading up to bringing back gallifrey for the 50th anniversary, the way chibnall had master kill everyone and destroy gallifrey, just sucked. i just hope again it was huge master deception.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

LG just got an update to include Pluto TV so I can watch the classic Doctor Who channel. The early Cybermen seem to manage to look incredibly terrifying despite the utter lack of a budget the series had.
rohspashley

Post by rohspashley »

in what could be an amazing announcement.. fingers crossed. Chris Chibnall is leaving as Doctor Who showrunner. I love Russell Davies and though Steven Moffat was mostly good, but Chris Chibnall has mostly been the drizzling shits. Jodie has tried as The Doctor but has had bad material to work with. I know they won't do this but honestly i would love a hard reset by the next showrunner and pretend everything after Capaldi has not happened. we begin the new showrunner with Capaldi waking up and finding Bill and telling her about his crazy dream. then by the end of the episode he does regenerate to whomever would be the next Doctor.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

I want Who to join the multiverse train than Marvel and DC are on and Jodie IS the Doctor, but the alternate Doctor from the last series, the Master from the last series the Gallifrey from the last series, all are from alternate Universes. And the Timeless Child IS a version of the Doctor, but an alternate universe version, or a genesis for the timelords but not the Doctor. There can be hundreds or thousands of versions of the Doctor, but they aren't part of the universe we have seen over the last almost 60 years. They could get really wild with it and cast different Doctors for the same series. Do a series of just Specials, with different Doctors. Make Who an Anthology show and not focus on an overall narrative...lots of options and potential there.
rohspashley

Post by rohspashley »

apparently it is official that Russell T Davies is returning to Doctor Who as showrunner. hope he undoes all the shit Chibnall did. Iceman i don't mind your idea of a Doctor Who multiverse. so the master didn't lie to our Doctor. he is just from a different universe.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

I just want Nine back for the anniversary
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Roxxxas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:12 am I just want Nine back for the anniversary
He seems much warmer to the idea than he ever has. Him doing the Big Finish audio dramas seems like he's a step closer to making an on-screen appearance. He denies he will, but we shall see. I'd love to see all the living doctors at least make an appearance honestly, especially 8.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

Azmodeous wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:19 am
Roxxxas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:12 am I just want Nine back for the anniversary
He seems much warmer to the idea than he ever has. Him doing the Big Finish audio dramas seems like he's a step closer to making an on-screen appearance. He denies he will, but we shall see. I'd love to see all the living doctors at least make an appearance honestly, especially 8.
I'd rather have 8 back than 9.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

ICEMAN KING PATSON wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:48 pm
Azmodeous wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:19 am
I'd rather have 8 back than 9.
There is a lot of on-screen mileage left for 8 in my humble opinion. Davies is a massive fan of the Big Finish dramas and apparently has consulted on a few, so I wouldn't be shocked to see at the least some breadcrumbs scattered throughout his return. 8 would be the biggest honestly.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

Honestly I wouldn’t mind them to really mix it up and we get a full 8 series before 14 actually shows up.
rohspashley

Post by rohspashley »

So Doctor Who returns on Halloween for a 6 part season. Then 3 specials with 13 regenerating in the last one. Then Russell T Davies returns and takes over and hopefully retcons or does something to that awful timeless child crap.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

I have some bad news for anyone waiting for Davies to come back and wave his hand and completely undo the Timeless Child: Davies is on record as saying he likes it and would not change it. Now he could just be saying that to be diplomatic and just come in and ignore it altogether.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

With only 6 episodes before the specials I'll watch and go in with low expectations.
Still cautiously optimistic about Davies.
rohspashley

Post by rohspashley »

I am hoping for Michael Sheen to be the 14th Doctor. Also would be pretty cool if it was Rupert Grint. Since Russell is coming back and he had this ongoing idea of the Doctor being ginger.
ICEMAN KING PATSON

rohspashley wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:48 pm I am hoping for Michael Sheen to be the 14th Doctor. Also would be pretty cool if it was Rupert Grint. Since Russell is coming back and he had this ongoing idea of the Doctor being ginger.
It will probably be a lady again.