Dynamite!

All Elite Wrestling

Moderator: Puns

creepshow
Site Admin

Re: Dynamite!

Post by creepshow »

Just testing since I've been busy breaking the board all day...

I thought this week's Dynamite was pretty lackluster, in spite of everything with Mark Briscoe & Jay Lethal. I think they probably should've opened with that and closed with JAS vs. Andretti & Starks

Darby vs. Buddy Murphy was WILDLY overbooked.

A significant downturn after last week.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

creepshow wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:27 pm Darby vs. Buddy Murphy was WILDLY overbooked.
This is absolutely correct. Additionally I wouldn't have had this go on before Cage vs. Danielson as I'd rather have my top babyface go through a match such as he did before the other undersized babyface takes his beat down in his match. Really, I would have only booked one of these type matches on the card rather than have two of them.

I tuned out during Toni Storm vs. Ruby Soho but obviously I'll be catching up with that main event.
GardenStateSaint

Just for the record, I don't need Darby Allin dropped on concrete arena steps.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 pm Just for the record, I don't need Darby Allin dropped on concrete arena steps.
No but Darby think he needs it.
Send Hook

Post by Send Hook »

Darby is a maniac.
GardenStateSaint

Roxxxas wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:19 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 pm Just for the record, I don't need Darby Allin dropped on concrete arena steps.
No but Darby think he needs it.
He needs to vanish for a few months.

Good to see Wardlow back after his month off selling a hair cut. :lol:
Puns

Post by Puns »

Hahahahahahahaha selling a haircut!!
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Apparently he was super banged up and needed some time off to heal up. They could have sold a beat down of something like they did with Keith Lee to give him the time off instead of the haircut.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

Azmodeous wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:04 am Apparently he was super banged up and needed some time off to heal up. They could have sold a beat down of something like they did with Keith Lee to give him the time off instead of the haircut.
Well he did get kneecapped too but we forget that because the haircut at the end :lol:
GardenStateSaint

There are still ways to have the guy appear on the show. Either way, Wardlow should have been beyond the TNT Championship at this rate but it looks like a good chunk of 2023 will be just that rather than elevating him to an actual premier guy.
GardenStateSaint

The fifth match for Danielson should have been against Powerhouse Hobbs and not RUSH but AEW likes to book for the hometown/area as I assume RUSH has this spot as they're in Laredo, TX next week.

They also have three more weeks of television for MJF vs. Danielson after next week's episode so.....
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 pm The fifth match for Danielson should have been against Powerhouse Hobbs and not RUSH but AEW likes to book for the hometown/area as I assume RUSH has this spot as they're in Laredo, TX next week.

They also have three more weeks of television for MJF vs. Danielson after next week's episode so.....
Hobbs doesn’t need to lose. And next week is the last week Danielson needs to win so it’ll get extra angle-y.
GardenStateSaint

Roxxxas wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:49 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 pm The fifth match for Danielson should have been against Powerhouse Hobbs and not RUSH but AEW likes to book for the hometown/area as I assume RUSH has this spot as they're in Laredo, TX next week.

Hobbs doesn’t need to lose. And next week is the last week Danielson needs to win so it’ll get extra angle-y.
Hobbs wouldn't lose. DQ finish after 5 minutes of wrestling.
Roxxxas

Post by Roxxxas »

While true, TK doesn’t like doing non-finishes.
Iamspiderman

Post by Iamspiderman »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:06 pm
Roxxxas wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:49 pm

Hobbs wouldn't lose. DQ finish after 5 minutes of wrestling.
That’s a WWE move. No thanks. At that point just don’t do the match.
GardenStateSaint

Roxxxas wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 pm While true, TK doesn’t like doing non-finishes.
That's true but such a finish benefits both men. RUSH vs. Danielson to me just means RUSH losses and Dragon wins. Personally I'd rather have Dragon have half the match he typically has and give the remaining time to almost anything else.
Keith6601

Post by Keith6601 »

I want to see MJF attack Rush causing Danielson to be dq'ed and then MJF just gloat for weeks that Danielson lost his match.
GardenStateSaint

The more I think about it the more I believe an Iron Man match isn't the match MJF should be booked in. The guy rarely wrestles and rarely looses so a match so a match with potential multiple pinfallls or submissions going against MJF does nothing for me and a match with no decisions or just one decision going MJF's way REALLY doesn't do much for me from an entertainment stand point. I'm a fan of both men but an Iron Man match here doesn't do much for me. AEW PPVs are always a long show and having a guaranteed hour match on top? I guess I'll see how the rest of the card fills out.
Azmodeous

Post by Azmodeous »

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of lazy to have 2 major babyfaces in concurrent gauntlet angles? I'm fine when it was just Danielson, but to throw Ricky Starks in one just to stretch out this Jericho feud at the same time is a bit much. It's especially worrisome to think that Jericho is probably gonna want his heat back soon as well..
GardenStateSaint

Azmodeous wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:08 pm Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of lazy to have 2 major babyfaces in concurrent gauntlet angles? I'm fine when it was just Danielson, but to throw Ricky Starks in one just to stretch out this Jericho feud at the same time is a bit much. It's especially worrisome to think that Jericho is probably gonna want his heat back soon as well..
Excellent point. I'm also not pulling as bad for Starks as I should as he already beat Jericho.